Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want the Redskins to lose to Vikings???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll be there and I'll be rooting for a win. I can never root for a loss, even if it means draft position. Sometimes, things work out for the best when you do the right thing. Tanking to hope you get the QB you want, may or may not be the best thing. 4-12 in 93 got us Heath Shuler. These things don't always work out. Go out and play your best, build some momentum, get some rookies and young guys out there to see what they can do. The young guys winning provides for a better future than those guys losing.

are we going to do this every week?

Why didn't we just start these week1, I mean no one expected us to make the playoffs anyway right?

Why not do these next year too? Unless of course, there's enough new players on the team for the consensus of fans to draw the line and say "ok now I don't want to lose".

See how bananas this is? When will that line be drawn? See how stupid it is that I'm talking about drawing a line between wanting the team you're a fan of to win or lose?

Maybe we need a different word than "fans" for the people that follow this team.

We're always going to have threads like this, but there have been a lot of them this year. Enough that I felt like making the first one with a poll, just to see what the majority of the board really feels about this issue. After this, it's all just people's opinions vs people's opinions. Because again, most fans want their team to win. Fairweather, real, fake, logical, and kol-aid drinkers alike, about 80% of us on this board want this team to win.

That's all I wanted to see, that's all I needed to know...

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 08:56 PM ----------

Not true. I'm cheering for a tie.

Shut the front door. A tie is not a win.

Nah let win and try to gain some momentum for next season. Who knows, Rex could play well enough down the stretch to prove that he can be our QB next year and we can use the picks for other needs. QB's are so hit or miss, who's to say that Barkley or RG3 will be succesful QB's, let see what we have in Rex.

I'm willing to bet that Shanny biggest regret since taken over the skins is benching Rex after the eagles game. Even more than trading for Mcnabb, Haynesworth.

Uhh, can't tell if you're serious or not. We know exactly what we have in Rex: a guy who can play just well enough to lose and sometimes he can play awful. We are going to draft a QB or maybe use FA, but no way Rex returns as the clear-cut starter. Shanny would lose his job if that was the case and rightfully so.

About this thread, I always root for the Skins, but won't complain if we lose. Might be nervous if we win.

I sort of hope they lose but look good doing it.

Pray tell...how do you lose to the 2-12 Vikings and "look good?"

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 09:37 PM ----------

Always play to win. Always.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 07:12 PM ----------

yes, I agree with this. Winning out can NOT be a bad thing. Playing to lose for a "slightly" better draft pick is silly. I would love to see the skins end the season at 7-9 rather than 6-10. Double digit loses suck.

7-9 = best season for the Redskins since 2007.

People want improvement, well, there it is.

Everybody who is fine with winning and saying not to worry because Mike will get his man should not be able to grouch about the cost of doing so come draft time.

I want to win out and then I realize the price we're going to pay next April. Probably/possibly a 1st, 2nd, and then either a 1st or 2nd/3rd in 2012. It may take even more, but am willing to see it happen to carry momentum into 2012. This is why we loaded up in 2011's draft. I get a feeling that we'll do some dealing to somehow get two picks on day one by draft day even with these huge trades.

I am one of those that would like to see Rex start the season and then let the rookie take over around mid season. I don't like the idea of tossing out the rookie on day one unless he totally gets the offense and is in synch with our starters, then yeah, start from day one.

I just want to win every game to keep things simple. If you want the Skins to lose for whatever reason, that's fine, this is your team too and you should "cheer" how you see fit.

I have more important things in my life to worry about than if I should cheer for them to lose so we keep the 4th spot or the 6th spot and "we can't win b/c Clevand or Jacksonville or Carolina lost".

I want them to win, and if you don't, that is just fine with me.

I look at it this way... if all the top QBs go in the first few picks, then that means we're going to have an awesome pool of talented football players at other positions to grab there. That either means we get what would be a top five pick any other year (most likely the best player at said position) or someone will trade a chunk of picks to us to move up to get one of those top guys.

Which means we'll have even more ammo to pick players as well as move around the board as well to nab a QB we believe in. No matter what, our future will be secure. Worse comes to worse we stick with Grossman a little longer than we want to (the way he's been playing since he's been re-inserted has been nothing short of very good, so that's NOT a bad thing... he's playing at a higher level than any QB we've had here since Campbell's first half of 08 and Brunell's 05 season) and get a QB for the future some other time, but with a fully loaded roster.

Imagine Rex behind an even better Oline with an even better WR corps, and an even better defense? Is that so bad? I don't think so.

Look, I don't doubt we'll grab a QB this year in the draft... but I'm not going to kill myself if it somehow doesn't work out like so many here want. I honestly feel like people will jump off the ledge and simply won't accept anything this regime does anymore if they don't get Luck/RG3/Barkley. It's ridiculous.

Especially considering how we all just witnessed perhaps the greatest infusion of talent this past offseason in two decades for the Redskins. Now, we have a chance at another kind of offseason like the last one. We're going to bring even more talent in as so far our scouts and Shanahan have proven to not miss often.

I look at it this way... if all the top QBs go in the first few picks, then that means we're going to have an awesome pool of talented football players at other positions to grab there. That either means we get what would be a top five pick any other year (most likely the best player at said position) or someone will trade a chunk of picks to us to move up to get one of those top guys........

Bravo TSD, well said....

Ding. If we have to trade 5 picks to get a QB, the 76 percent in this poll will be livid.

Nice way to generalize. :rolleyes:

It really depends on what goes on in free agency. FO has already said it's going to be aggressive again, this time focusing primarily on offense. A lot of the top teams in the draft already have QBs they've invested in long-term, so we may not have to trade up that high even if we win out.

I have faith it's going to work out...

I look at it this way... if all the top QBs go in the first few picks, then that means we're going to have an awesome pool of talented football players at other positions to grab there. That either means we get what would be a top five pick any other year (most likely the best player at said position) or someone will trade a chunk of picks to us to move up to get one of those top guys.

Which means we'll have even more ammo to pick players as well as move around the board as well to nab a QB we believe in. No matter what, our future will be secure. Worse comes to worse we stick with Grossman a little longer than we want to (the way he's been playing since he's been re-inserted has been nothing short of very good, so that's NOT a bad thing... he's playing at a higher level than any QB we've had here since Campbell's first half of 08 and Brunell's 05 season) and get a QB for the future some other time, but with a fully loaded roster.

Imagine Rex behind an even better Oline with an even better WR corps, and an even better defense? Is that so bad? I don't think so.

Look, I don't doubt we'll grab a QB this year in the draft... but I'm not going to kill myself if it somehow doesn't work out like so many here want. I honestly feel like people will jump off the ledge and simply won't accept anything this regime does anymore if they don't get Luck/RG3/Barkley. It's ridiculous.

Especially considering how we all just witnessed perhaps the greatest infusion of talent this past offseason in two decades for the Redskins. Now, we have a chance at another kind of offseason like the last one. We're going to bring even more talent in as so far our scouts and Shanahan have proven to not miss often.

Amen to this, I second everything you said really. I'm looking forward big time to how much talent and youth we're going to have when the offensive side of the ball gets the overhaul. This has been fun to see when you sit back from the W L column and see the transformation of what we were (recently) and what we are now. We've got better depth and now we need to begin a winning tradition into the new decade.

To all those who say play to lose so we get a better draft pick...

Would you run up your credit cards just so you could declare bankruptcy?

Would you shave your head to prevent baldness?

Pull out your toenails just so you don't have to clip them anymore?

Playing to lose is ridiculous, in any sport for any reason. Only cheaters do that, like when they're setting up a scam or taking a dive.

We're always going to have threads like this, but there have been a lot of them this year. Enough that I felt like making the first one with a poll, just to see what the majority of the board really feels about this issue. After this, it's all just people's opinions vs people's opinions. Because again, most fans want their team to win. Fairweather, real, fake, logical, and kol-aid drinkers alike, about 80% of us on this board want this team to win.

That's all I wanted to see, that's all I needed to know....

Oh I didn't mean to call you out necessarily. I know, there's been a lot of them this year and we can all understand why. Matter of fact, I can't say it isn't interesting to reads peoples opinions on the matter.

Just saying I wish we weren't at this point as a fanbase dealing with a struggling team for years. And I think it's dangerous to be in such a state because it might be a hard habit to break. This kind of thinking (lose to win) will unfortunately be around for awhile, possibly forever. I don't think one ore two playoff appearances is going to change it. If we get knocked out 1st round 2 years in a row, people will want that next top5 pick out of college to 'fix' it.

Just sucks it's come to this.

I sort of hope they lose but look good doing it. Like the Pats game sure they lost but could've beat most teams that day. Honestly 5-11, 6-10 what's the difference but in draft status it means everything
It's generally meaningless.
Yes....I want them to lose.

And hopefully this will be the last year I have to do that. :2cents:

Edit: I want the Skins to play hard AND lose.

No' date=' and I figured out a reason why

If we beat the Vikings, and they lose out and the Colts win another game, the Vikings get the number one pick in the draft. Then, we can trade up with the Vikings and draft Luck!!

WIN FOR LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[/quote']

Yes, 100 percent hoping for a loss. Not afraid to say it either
Yeah, I want them to lose.

You all make me sick.

Rather than let the young guys grow and gel you want to lose out so we can be in position for a a big name College QB who hasn't even declared yet!

Let's win out and let the chips fall after week 17. Mike will get his guy, I believe in this coaching staff.

Maybe this team isn't right for you all, it's obvious you all care more about big name players as opposed to team unity.

Hail to the Redskins! let's win out and shut up these "fans."

Archived