Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want the Redskins to lose to Vikings???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I didn't vote because I'm not worried either way...

I'm "Indifferent" about it all...

But I'm also logical,as well.

I know,that the best position,we can possibly land in the draft is #4.

4. Jacksonville (4-10) --- .502 SOS; Remaining: TEN, IND

5. Cleveland (4-10) --- .525 SOS; Remaining: @BAL, PIT

6. Tampa Bay (4-10) --- .543 SOS; Remaining: @CAR, @ATL

These 3 winning at least 1 game. Certainly possible....

I also know that if these 3 teams win 1 more game,the worse draft position we can get is #10th.

11. Tennessee (6-8) --- .466 SOS; Remaining: JAX, HOU

12. Philadelphia (6-8) --- .498 SOS; Remaining: @DAL, WAS

13. Kansas City (6-8) --- .516 SOS; Remaining: OAK, @DEN

Which is also very possible.

So with these numbers...this puts our probable draft position anywhere from #4 at best-to-#10 at worse.

We will get our QB..don't worry people.

The question is? What players will we have to trade, to possibly move up in the draft? Other than using draft picks?

I vote for Cheech & Chong!

They've become a liability, for the Washington Redskins.

My answer is an emphatic NO! I want to see our Skins win every game they can.

I have read a lot of posts that I agree with here, particularly the ones that mention momentum going into the offseason. Momentum is important, even in a season that is a loss, mathmatically or otherwise.

I believe in the current coaching staff (although, I am a bit shaky on Kyle, but lately, he has opened things up a bit more, so I have gotten back in his corner a little) & I believe they will make the right moves for this team going into next season in the Draft AND FA.

In the immortal words of the late great Al Davis, "Just Win Baby!" :vikesuck:

The question is? What players will we have to trade, to possibly move up in the draft? Other than using draft picks?

I vote for Cheech & Chong!

They've become a liability, for the Washington Redskins.

Cheech & Chong? I guess you're refering to Trent Williams & Fred Davis...? Then I have to strongly disagree. We need them to straighten out their lives & play well, which they have done in the past. We need them moving forward, especially with the currect OL situation & Cooley seemingly getting hurt all the time. It would be nice to have both Davis & Cooley on the field at the same time tho. Either way, I don't have any idea who should go right now, but those 2 are a definite "no" from my camp.

this is one of those situations where we want the skins to win cause we like seeing them play well but come draft time we'll regret it.

I promise if we win out and end up with a pick between 10 and 15 come draft time we will wish we hadnt, especially if barkley luck and rg3 all go before we pick or we have to trade the farm to get one of them.

we havent had a true franchise quarterback in 25 years and it looks like this could be the deepest qb draft since we actually had one.

I dont want any moral victories if its going to cost us a chance to finally get a franchise qb.

I would love to get one of the big 3 and still have the rest of our draft to continue to build on the last two drafts, that would be a dream come true draft for me.

Well...I'm confident we will finish with 1 more win at least. be it the Vikings or Eagles.

Shanny's never finished worse than 6-10 in any coaching season.

Last year and the 99 season when Elway had retired and Griese was hurt.

It's going to be what teams win and lose,these final 2 games that will decide our Draft Order.

It's a good thing we have a low SOS%. That actually,might be..what saves us...(meaning...getting our QB and being in front of all same records))

I will say this...if we do lose 1 more game this season.

We won't be picking lower than 10th.

Here's how I want it to be:

If the Redskins genuinely come out and lay an egg, yes, I want them to lose. I don't want the Vikings to outsuck us. If we're bad, I'd rather lose and keep the draft position.

That said, I can't ever root for the 'Skins to lose. And if we come out and play like we did for three quarters against the Jets, for the entire games like we did against New England and the Giants, then hell yes I want to win. Playing well and winning does a lot for a football team, I don't care what anyone says.

I want them to lose in such a way that provides both maximum entertainment and satisfaction with certain players performing great, as well as severe exposure to certain players' flaws, thereby further compelling management to address the needs of this team. Specifically:

1. Running game: Would love to see Helu, Royster, and even Torrain have great games.

2. Passing/Receiving game: Would like to see Moss drop a few balls while Paul and Austin have big games.

3. O-Line: Would like to see Willie Smith and Palumbo take a few steps back.

4. D-Line: Would like to see the line get pushed around

5. LB: Would like to see missed coverages and tackles

6. DB: Would like to see Hall and Wilson fried for a handful of big plays

The overall theme here is exposing the mirage of goodwill from the past few weeks so that the front office is reminded just how poor our O-line is, how bad it is that Moss is our #1 WR, how overrated and thin our front seven are, and further exposing the need for a 1 and a 2 CB.

That said, I'd like to see the continued development of the two rookie RB's, as well as a reminder that Torrain is a good RB when given a chance, and one last chance for Austin, whom I fear may be an odd man out next season witjh the return of Hankerson and the inevitable draft pick or two of WR's.

I want them to lose in such a way that provides both maximum entertainment and satisfaction with certain players performing great, as well as severe exposure to certain players' flaws, thereby further compelling management to address the needs of this team. Specifically:

1. Running game: Would love to see Helu, Royster, and even Torrain have great games.

2. Passing/Receiving game: Would like to see Moss drop a few balls while Paul and Austin have big games.

The overall theme here is exposing the mirage of goodwill from the past few weeks so that the front office is reminded just how poor our O-line is, how bad it is that Moss is our #1 WR, how overrated and thin our front seven are, and further exposing the need for a 1 and a 2 CB.

That said, I'd like to see the continued development of the two rookie RB's, as well as a reminder that Torrain is a good RB when given a chance, and one last chance for Austin, whom I fear may be an odd man out next season witjh the return of Hankerson and the inevitable draft pick or two of WR's.

I love this angle.

As if we could somehow lose to the 2nd worst team in the NFL and "look good."

It ain't gonna happen. We are going to win this game. 6-9 Hatas!!!!

I love this angle.

Show me where I said we would "look good."

This is what I said:

"I want them to lose in such a way that provides both maximum entertainment and satisfaction with certain players performing great, as well as severe exposure to certain players' flaws, thereby further compelling management to address the needs of this team."

And yes, it is possible for certain players to look good while others do not, and lose to an NFL team. In fact, I'd argue that in every single one of our games this year, certain guys looked good and others did not.

Also, I don't know how this constitutes me as a hater (err, sorry, Hata) as much as it does someone who's looking big picture here. It's becasue I don't hate that I want them to lose this game but have specific pros and cons as part of the loss.

I'd like to see the Redskins finishing strong. Let's build through wins. Yes, it's at a detriment to our draft position, but I am not one to believe losing out and drafting well will bring an amazing future to a franchise. I'd like a more consistent QB, but Grossman is likely to be the man next season while a rookie watches. I don't believe we'll get one of the top three QB's. I don't believe all three will be amazing. I suspect we'll see some Alex Smith/Trent Dilfer and possibly Heath Shuler types lurking. Gotta be wary of the "sure thing". Injuries can upset that in a heartbeat, so depth and team work are necessary.

The shortsighted believe that those of us looking at the team from a long term POV are rooting for our team to tank. That is not the case. We want to see more signs of progress from the youngins on the team. For example instead of Moss and other vets, lets see Paul getting more reps so he can experience live action instead of weekday practice. It was already a joke that Royster just recently got playing time. I just want our draft position to keep us in the top 5 so we do not need to trade away multiple 1sts and 2nds to move up.

Going 7-9 means another season of mediocrity ala the Bullets instead of just hitting rock bottom and being in position get that playmaker.

While philly gets stronger with better draft position and picks from a foolish team like the Cards. :doh:

Enough of the Patriots got their franchise QB in the 6th round because if it was that easy why haven't other teams done in the 10 years since then?

Losing helps us draft bluechippers in the top 5 instead of hoping that we might get diamonds in the rough at 13th or worsThe skins not getting a franchise QB means another year of Good Rex bad Rex and these same fans saying an 8-8 season means we are making progress.

I love this angle.

for the first time on this board...

I agree with you.

F the haters, F these so called "fans" who prefer big names over Redskin wins.

Hail to the Redskins! Let's finish strong!

Wow..not only would you like a loss but you want to pick specific players to look bad/good. Save yourself some grief and go play Madden.

It's as if you're saying if the Redskins beat the miserable Vikings and look good doing it, Shanny and Allen will high-five at midfield knowing they have a championship quality team, no additions necessary....their work is done.

The record doesn't matter if the players are playing well and the ball just doesn't bounce their way. Were you embarrassed by the second Cowboys game? The Patriots game? Of course not, because we looked damned good even with our fifth-string waterboy.

For those of you who think that we can just "trade up" like it's no big deal and has no long-term ramifications, that's just as Vinny-like as Vinny. The top spots are going to cost more picks, and that cost increases with the distance between the top pick and your pick. If we want to go from say fourth overall to second, that'd cost around either a first next year or a second and fourth this year because the difference is nill and the player you wanted at two will probably be there at four.. To go from seventh overall to second would cost a LOT more. Drop out of the top ten and we won't have to argue about our first round pick for three years because we won't have one.

Will you honestly go back and look at this Vikings game and say, "Yeah, but, we beat the Vikings!" when we're kicking stones on Day One for the next couple of Aprils?

Look back at the Jaguars game last year. We won that, dropped us to tenth. No playoffs, no Super Bowl. If we lose that game, then we can be where the Browns were. Still no playoffs, still no Super Bowl, but having this conversation:

Yes, I'd like for that to have happened. I'd like for it to happen again this year. However, winning meaningless games doesn't help that at all.

I don't want to ever see us lose. It burns every time. I enjoyed the crap out of Sunday's beatdown of the Giants. However, in ten years I'll remember being in position to draft our quarterback, and I won't remember losing to the Vikings.

Did you ever play sports? If you did, then you understand that close losses eventually don't cut it and don't accomplish the same as winning does.

Those of you who prefer losses now for draft position don't realize you are sacrificing just as those in favor of winning and trading up realize there will be sacrifice. That's disengenous to postulate that people don't realize the cost of trading up. Let's also not ignore that since you all feel justified in rooting for a loss for draft position, sacrificing wins, others feel justified in sacrificing picks and bringing a QB to a good team that believes in itself.

Again, bringing a QB to a 7-9 is better than bringing one to a 4-12 team. Do you prefer Carolina, who has a worse record then us but got Cam, or do you prefer the Steelers, who traded up and brought a good QB to an already good team, and has won Superbowls with him.

A culture of winning is bred, not conjured up simply by sucking ass for a high draft pick and hoping you get a once-in-a-generation Peyton Manning, instead of Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Jamracus Russell, Tim Couch, Heath Schuler, etc. I'd rather have the Steelers method, with an entire good team, than the paper-thin Colts method that become the worst team in the NFL by losing 1 position.

Did you ever play sports? If you did, then you understand that close losses eventually don't cut it and don't accomplish the same as winning does.

Those of you who prefer losses now for draft position don't realize you are sacrificing just as those in favor of winning and trading up realize there will be sacrifice. That's disengenous to postulate that people don't realize the cost of trading up. Let's also not ignore that since you all feel justified in rooting for a loss for draft position, sacrificing wins, others feel justified in sacrificing picks and bringing a QB to a good team that believes in itself.

Again, bringing a QB to a 7-9 is better than bringing one to a 4-12 team. Do you prefer Carolina, who has a worse record then us but got Cam, or do you prefer the Steelers, who traded up and brought a good QB to an already good team, and has won Superbowls with him.

A culture of winning is bred, not conjured up simply by sucking ass for a high draft pick and hoping you get a once-in-a-generation Peyton Manning, instead of Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Jamracus Russell, Tim Couch, Heath Schuler, etc. I'd rather have the Steelers method, with an entire good team, than the paper-thin Colts method that become the worst team in the NFL by losing 1 position.

First: Glad to see you on here more!

The Steelers example is poor because they had a crap season in 2003 (6-10 to get the rapist) to get their quarterback. If they were consistently good through that 2003 season, then they don't get him and they don't win those two titles. Picking as high as they did is what got them the rapist in an extremely deep 2004 draft. He was also the third quarterback taken and there was only one worth mentioning after him. Not a deep quarterback draft at all. Put the same guy in this draft and he won't be going 11th.

If you're asking if I'd rather be in the Panthers' position or our position, then it's no contest: Panthers win by a lightyear. I don't know where you're looking for stats, but Carolina has the same record as we do. Oh, and they beat us. Last year they were 2-14; this year they already have at least three more wins. We can eek out one more win if we win out. Hooray! Granted that the Panthers were not consistently as terrible as we have been, but 2-14 and getting that top quarterback is what let them improve as much as they have.

This team believes in itself. They believe in Shanahan. They believe in where they are headed. You're a smart guy, so you know that they are giving it their all out there even though they have nothing to play for. A team that doesn't believe in itself is down in Tampa Bay where the coach is all-but-fired and the team is only a "team" by being a collection of guys wearing the same uniforms. They have no faith, they have no future. We are not the Bucs.

If we were a good team, or if we even had a chance at the division, then I'd be on the opposite end. However, our season is over and those who are playing aren't those who started. They are playing for Coach, they are playing because it's their first shot to do so. Getting a win is nice, but to guys like Smith, Hurt, Paul, Riley, Helu, Royster, Westbrook, Barnes, Gomes, and others, just being on the field is huge. Those are the guys who will be here and flourish with a team that has a great quarterback. Their careers and next season will not be decided by the guys who are either suspended, hurt, or on their way out.

The pick matters next April. A win against the Vikings doesn't.

We need a QB. I get that, we all get that. To get one of the top 3 rated guys we need a top 5 amd probably top 3 pick. I get that.

I don't get a fan wanting their team to lose, escpecially a team like the Redskins who have been losing consistently for 20 years. Losing is habit and it's a hard one to lose. Winning is also a habit and hard one to gain. As much as we need a QB we also need a culture change and an expectation change - if we can end the year with another couple of wins it would hurt our draft position and increase the cost of us trading up to get the QB we want (which we are going to have to try to do in any case IMO) but it would create confidence and a really positive atmosphere which we can build on into the start of next year.

Especially given the number of young guys who are starting.

We need a QB. I get that, we all get that. To get one of the top 3 rated guys we need a top 5 amd probably top 3 pick. I get that.

I don't get a fan wanting their team to lose, escpecially a team like the Redskins who have been losing consistently for 20 years. Losing is habit and it's a hard one to lose. Winning is also a habit and hard one to gain. As much as we need a QB we also need a culture change and an expectation change - if we can end the year with another could of wins it would hurt our draft position and increase the cost of us trading up to get the QB we want (which we are going to have to try to do in any case IMO) but it would create confidence and a really positive atmosphere which we can build on into the start of next year.

Especially given the number of young guys who are starting.

Since when has a positive atmosphere with the current players, with many who won't be coming back, had an effect on the following year with players who have never been here?

Without trading with Jacksonville, we don't have: Hankerson, Helu, Gomes, Paul, or Hurt. That's assuming that everything else was picked the same way. Oh, and we traded three picks to move up to grab Helu.

How could we pull off such an amazing draft? We traded a high pick to Jacksonville so that they could get Gabbert. If we're sitting at 16 to begin with, then we're not getting that phone call, and we're not getting those players.

To bring it up again: Had we lost to Jacksonville last year, then we could have been the ones answering the phone for Atlanta's trade up instead of the Browns. Could you effing imagine what Shanahan could do with the bevy of picks that Cleveland got? It's mind-boggling. Ironically, had we lost that game and gotten even just the SAME trade, then we would have two firsts to trade to whoever to get whatever quarterback we want, and nobody would be cheering for a loss.

And that was with just eight picks, the extra ones being in the lower round. We entered with eight and left with twelve players. That's just insane, and I can't imagine what magic they could do with a substantially higher pick.

Anyway, I digress. Just answer this: What would you rather have? The above mentioned players or a "gee gosh darn dolly things are looking up" feeling after the Jacksonville game last year? I'll go with those players.

Archived