Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want the Redskins to lose to Vikings???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Best case scenario: I want all phases of our team to gel, and start executing plays like a well-oiled machine. I want our players to become comfortable enough in their roles, to have found their niches, so we dominate our last two opponents.

So i am still rooting for the Skins to win the next two games. To demonstrate that the team is improving. Regardless of who we draft, the majority of the guys that will be Redskins in 2012, are playing the next two games. I want them to improve.

No, lets win out. But I cannot believe there are Skin fans that want Rex to be QB next year.

Its seems some people want this team to stay in the cellar for the next 5 years. Lets face it, with Rex Grossman, we will be in the cellar next year, the year after that and so on.

I don't want us to lose but I also want us to draft a top 3 QB next year. So lets win and let Shanny work his magic and somehow draft us our future franchise QB.

And what if Shanny/Allen don't agree with you and decide one of the top 3 qb's are not "franchise" qb's and are not worth the cost, and goes in a different direction?

Always play to win. Always.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 07:12 PM ----------

Ending the season on a 3 game winning streak > Draft position

If Rex cut down on the silly turnovers.....they can finish the season on a three game winning streak.

yes, I agree with this. Winning out can NOT be a bad thing. Playing to lose for a "slightly" better draft pick is silly. I would love to see the skins end the season at 7-9 rather than 6-10. Double digit loses suck.

Hell No!!! I want us to kill the Vikings. I want to see us shut AP down, build a big lead, make them one-dimensional and release hounds (Kerrigan and Orakpo) on them. For the last decade, just about every game like this where we've expected to win against a lesser team or coming off a big win, we have a huge letdown or have to battle for what should be an easy win. I'm hoping to see the higher character and harder workers on this team keep that from happening and that we do win by double digits. I will be disappointed if we don't.

I'd rather just play it safe and lose. Shanny will get his guy, how can we be so sure? No one will remember this game come April.. I mean unless of course we're drafting after the top 3 are off the board. Than and only than will I remember this game and last weeks game or any other meaningless win etc. BUT a loss, I will not remember.

Here's something for cheer for:

The Vikings are LAST in the league in terms of points allowed. For the love of God, can the Redskins put up 30 or more against them? The Skins have scored 30 or more a whopping 3 times in the 62 games since Joe Gibbs retired after 2007, and have scored 30 one time in the past 33 games (a loss to Dallas last season).

Haha reading is your friend... voted yes because I want them to win. Sorry to skew your poll results...

:) It's all good. The board has spoken anyway, I believe this experiment is over. Most fans want there team to win no matter what. About 80% or more for a team's official message board is about right considering the national demographics of it all...

If we just jump on them with a lead, looks like they'll give up....

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Visanthe_Shiancoe_says_some_guys_hung_it_up_in_defeat121911

But after a six-second pause, the Vikings tight end admitted he didn't see the necessary effort from all of his teammates. "I would say, you could see some guys hung it up," Shiancoe said. "Not a lot though. Like a very small handful of guys."

Shiancoe said it was "very, very disappointing" to see that happen and made it clear he wants no part of being with a team that could be the worst in franchise history.

are we going to do this every week?

Why didn't we just start these week1, I mean no one expected us to make the playoffs anyway right?

Why not do these next year too? Unless of course, there's enough new players on the team for the consensus of fans to draw the line and say "ok now I don't want to lose".

See how bananas this is? When will that line be drawn? See how stupid it is that I'm talking about drawing a line between wanting the team you're a fan of to win or lose?

Maybe we need a different word than "fans" for the people that follow this team.

I don't want them to lose, but I don't want them to win, either. I want what I usually want during the preseason: to see production, effectiveness, discipline, talent, speed, tons of effort and no injuries. Wins and losses are secondary at this point.
Exactly my thoughts.

While the Skins are not in the playoff hunt -- it is a rebuilding team in evaluation mode. I'm hoping we get some clear signs of who can step up and man a spot on the offensive line. I'd like to see more progress from Royster, Young, and the young WRs -- especially on their blocking. Gomes is auditioning too. And I want the team gaining in confidence in their offensive game planners -- especially as the running game starts to click against tough run defenses. I want to see Orakpo and Kerrigan finding new ways to elude their blockers and getting to the QB.

A victory would be nice -- but a hard fought game in which the team gave 100% for 4 quarters would be nice too. I want folks to start believing that the 2011 Skins were an exception to the Parcells rule that claims a team is only as good as its record. I still think the 2011 Skins were better than a 4-12 team or even a 5-11 team. There are times when they seem like a scrappy 9-7 team/

The short version -- I don't want a loss, unless the team fought hard and there was something positive the team learned from it. But as a fan, mark me down for a 'well-earned" win.

Name five teams who used late season winning streaks in the previous year to launch themselves from non-playoff team to playoff team.

Arguably' date=' you could begin with last year's Lions - though I think their streak had more to do with finally getting healthy than with finally getting good.[/quote']

Here's one: the 1981-82 Skins during Gibbs' first season. They finished with 5 wins to get to 8-8, and went 12-1 with the Superbowl win the following year.

Archived