Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

You are going to have to prove and show that this mans death is going to improve the lives of the people in North Korea. As far as I can tell, he is going to be replaced, which means that their lives will not improve. As I mentioned earlier, hopefully the people in that country realize governments in all shapes and sizes are not your friends, don't care about individual people, and do more harm then good and will see this as an opportunity to oppose any new form of state control over their lives.

What an utterly ridiculous standard to try and create.

Obviously there was no chance of improvement while he was alive and in power, the only way for anything to get better was his death. In theory I guess it could actually get worse, but that's very unlikely since things are so bad there.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this, you have some bizarre logic going on that common sense can't penetrate. :)

Kim Jong-un is only 27....holy ****.

Hopefully he is a sane person...he studied in Switzerland and has been quoted as saying:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kim-jongun-privately-doubting-hes-crazy-enough-to,18374/

PYONGYANG, NORTH KOREA—In surprisingly candid remarks Thursday, Kim Jong-un, heir apparent to North Korea's highest government post, expressed doubt that he was sufficiently out of his mind to succeed his father, longtime dictator Kim Jong-il.

What an utterly ridiculous standard to try and create.

Obviously there was no chance of improvement while he was alive and in power, the only way for anything to get better was his death. In theory I guess it could actually get worse, but that's very unlikely since things are so bad there.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this, you have some bizarre logic going on that common sense can't penetrate. :)

I'll read this as you conceding to the fact that you can't explain how his death will make the lives of others better. Regardless of your unwillingness or ability to prove this, it still doesn't make any difference. You rejoice the death of a person you didn't even know and on top of this, believe that you hold some sort of higher knowledge about how this will effect thousands of peoples lives.

My suggestion to you is to move on from this news and simply hope that the people in that country do their best to not allow another dictator to swoop right in and pick up from where he left off.

Edited by Willy Wonka

Some interesting bits of news from the article someone posted earlier:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-19/kim-jong-il-north-korea-s-dear-leader-dictator-dead-at-70-yonhap-says.html

Kim, 70, died on Dec. 17 of exhaustion brought on by a sudden illness while on a domestic train trip, the official Korean Central News Agency said.

Kim probably had a stroke in August 2008 and may have also contracted pancreatic cancer, according to South Korean news reports.

“Kim Jong Un’s taking complete control of the helm will not take place for a while due to his youth and inexperienced leadership,” said Yang Moo Jin, a professor at the University of North Korean Studies in Seoul. “The North will likely be under the control of a governing body for about a year.”
South Korea’s won declined as much as 1.6 percent to a two-month low of 1,177.15 per dollar and government bonds dropped after the news. The Kospi index lost 4.2 percent to 1,762.34 as of 12:38 p.m. in Seoul.
Edited by visionary

I'm not celebrating the death of a human being, but I am certainly not mourning Kim Jong Il's death either.

What's more is I'm not going to pretend that his passing doesn't give the people of North Korea a chance at something better for their nation and for their lives.

But I'm also not going to pretend that the military government rule will mean much change if any is likely to occur.

Someone gets it..

I get it.. and reject it.

Some people give up all expectancy to compassion thru their actions.

Our world is better now that he's dead. What comes next is whatever comes next. But in knowing what Il did in his lifetime, it's good that his life spent oppressing and enslaving others is now over.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Don't be so ridiculous and try to put words in my mouth with your "mourning" comment. I just find it a little odd when people find happiness in regards to the death of another human being.

Why don't you do a google search on North Korean"Gulags"

Spend about 3 hours reading then come back and apologize

Edited by Thiebear

I'm glad he's gone. He did some horrible and unimaginable things to his own people. Makes no sense.

judging by what the Wikileaks provided, South Korea wanted it.

reunification will be nine/ereven multipried by two thousand shree hundered and fitty shix

I think its funny when people mock Asian people's accents, because I bet money you wouldn't say that to their face.

I know a couple of Korean kids that would bust your goofy ass up.

Since NK is little more than a puppet dictatorship run by the Chinese, I doubt we'll see much different. It has to be the saddest place on earth.

Yeah it's amazing seeing the nighttime satellite shots of NK. It is literally and figuratively a very dark place.