Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Human Events (Blog?): Leftwing Rabbi: Tebow-mania Will Lead to Mosque Burnings or Something

Larry

Ok I'm as much of a critic of the Tebow mania from Christians as anyone, but this guy is an idiot for thinking that his success will lead to mosque burnings, gay bashing and anti-immigrant sentiment. This guy is just as absurd as the Colorado pastor who claimed that God was causing Tebow to win.

*edit

Having said that I'm pretty sure that Larry found the most sensationalistic article he could find to post.

All I know is that I might do something crazy if they keep talking about Tebow every 5 seconds. It's like they're trying to make people hate him.

All I know is that I might do something crazy if they keep talking about Tebow every 5 seconds. It's like they're trying to make people hate him.

I totally agree, I mean it's Friday an SportsCenter is STILL going on about Tebow, they even just replayed a report from two nights ago!! I know a lot of that has to do with the NBA not playing yet, but you're right it is REALLY old. And when he does lose....and he will....the I-told-you-so's are going to be plentiful, and with them an equal number of idiots saying "God made Tebow lose". This whole thing is stupid. IMO they are building a pedestal for him just so they can knock him off later.

it's awful.

He rolls out.. no one is open,, he rolls and rolls.. receiver works back, he throws a 'bullet'. with the point of the ball up in the air.. like it's pee wee football. In the first half vs Chicago he was missing guys by ten yards. flutterballs..

Then in the fourth quarter he finds holes in the defense that didn't exist before, and runs them down. (And sometimes, i swear you can see God blocking for him.)

I think he tires teams out chasing him around up in Mile High. By the end they're whupped, can't get their breath.

he catches some breaks, like last week in Denver,, if they have to make that 59 yard kick in Chicago, forget it.

But, he takes advantage, the defense keeps it close, and..

They could go a ways in the playoffs if they keep playing defense like this. After watching the Pats last week, my bet is the Broncos keep it close again if they can take Gronk out of the picture. He might win again.

~Bang

He doesn't turn into a QB until the 4th quarter. Check out his 4th qtr stats this season:

49/80 61.3% 732yards 9.15avg 6TD 1Int 111.0qbr

Compare that to Rex Grossman:

60/103 58.3% 666yards (mark of the beast, eh Rex?) 6.47avg 4TD 6Int 66.2QBR

Yeah that's what I said. What I'm angry about are the dorks who blow this all out of proportion either by claimin that a team winning is because of one team member's faith (as if he's the only Christian on the team) and those who hate the fact that he is very open and expressive about his faith and claim that people will do stupid stuff if he succeeds!

No the team is winning because of the TEAM and if people do stupid stuff it is because THEY are STUPID!

My dad's been a Methodist minister since before I was born and would say the exact same thing. Hail, ASF.

or Something.

Long Island high-school students suspended for 'Tebowing'

TEBOW.jpg

The Tebow mania sweeping the nation sacked a group of Long Island high-school students who were suspended for mimicking the quarterback’s famous prayer pose.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/li_tebow_taunters_o2qRP4jvTksWW1XIy1eMqI#ixzz1ghenFlUT

or Something.

Long Island high-school students suspended for 'Tebowing'

The Tebow mania sweeping the nation sacked a group of Long Island high-school students who were suspended for mimicking the quarterback’s famous prayer pose.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/li_tebow_taunters_o2qRP4jvTksWW1XIy1eMqI#ixzz1ghenFlUT

Queue the idiot who now uses this to say that kids can't pray in schools.....4.....3.....2.......

My dad's been a Methodist minister since before I was born and would say the exact same thing. Hail, ASF.

Does he still serve in the pulpit? Just guessing off your age, he's probably at or nearing retirement. If he's still active then he probably knows our Bishop Lindsey Davis, we got him a couple years ago from the North Georgia Conference. Say hi to your dad for me. ;)

An Apology Regarding the Tim Tebow Article

This week I wrote an article for the Jewish Week in which I attempted to explore the phenomenon of Denver quarterback Tim Tebow to make broad points about society and extremism. I now realize that some of my statements had the reverse effect of what I had intended and for this I deeply and sincerely apologize.

As many of you know, I have spent my entire career engaged in dialogue with people of all faiths while speaking out passionately against all forms of bigotry. I have the deepest respect for those who are committed to their faith, including Mr. Tebow. I realize the way in which I attempted to make my points was clumsy and inappropriate, inadvertently suggesting the kind of intolerance and extremism my article was intended to disparage. I sincerely apologize to Mr. Tebow, his family, the Broncos and Patriots and all those whom I may have offended.

Appears a cooler head prevailed.

I think the bottom line for a lot of people like me is that Tebow is fun to watch. The fact that so many are threatened by him is sad, since he is the epitome of a role model for anyone.

Sometimes I think we have too much ability to be heard today. It used to be that the process of mass communication weeded out the absurdities, but now everyone gets their own bull horn and google will find anything anyone says instantly (well nearly).

Glad to see he apologized.

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 09:57 AM ----------

Suspending kids for that is absolutely asinine.

Absolutely idiotic.

~Bang

Always more to the story, but I agree suspension is a bit much. Give them detention or something, but suspending them makes this a story.

That said, Christian kids ought not be making a show of their prayers, go into your lockers...erm...closest kids.

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 09:59 AM ----------

Suspending kids for that is absolutely asinine.

Absolutely idiotic.

~Bang

Always more to the story, but I agree suspension is a bit much. Give them detention or something, but suspending them makes this a story.

That said, Christian kids ought not be making a show of their prayers, go into your lockers...erm...closest kids.

ASF< you know what,, what do they do with as kid who clasps his hands and privately says a moment's grace before eating his lunch?

I hate the fact that no one seems to be able to use any common sense when it comes to matters of religion in school.

Religion is a private matter. it shouldn't be TAUGHt or COMPELLED in public school, and that is all.

But if a kid wants to kneel at his locker for a minute, or say grace before his lunch, or make the sign of the cross when he starts a test, or point at the sky after scoring a touchdown.. i think it seriously infringes on their rights to say he or she can't.

I would bet that the kids in that photo were not doing something religious, they were having fun mimicking a popular athlete who is HUGE news right now.The fact that what he's doing is for him a prayer should have no bearing on some kids goofing around HARMLESSLY in school. (After all, they could have been playing like Brandon Jacobs, and dry hump their friend while having pseudo-sex on the star when he scored vs Dallas.)

we get so stupid over things, and it is absolutely mind boggling most of the time.

As an atheist who really likes Tebow,, anyone who doesn't think Tebow is about as good a role model as there is going in sports right now can just suck lemons.

You've got a brain defect.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that kids take popular figures who are in the news and emulate them has never had to tell his kid to pull his pants up off his ass after he's been watching MTV.

There needs to be room for people to be reasonable. It is amazing this discussion even needs to be had in a situation such as this.

~Bang

Yeah that's what I said. What I'm angry about are the dorks who blow this all out of proportion either by claimin that a team winning is because of one team member's faith (as if he's the only Christian on the team) and those who hate the fact that he is very open and expressive about his faith and claim that people will do stupid stuff if he succeeds!

No the team is winning because of the TEAM and if people do stupid stuff it is because THEY are STUPID!

It's nice to hear a devout Christian say this. What drives me nuts is that there are religious guys on every team who pray for victory and point to the sky "to give glory to god". Do they really think that with all of the evil in this world, all of the problems and suffering, all of the people praying for their lives or the lives of loved ones... that god really cares if a bunch of young, rich, healthy men, win a game?

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind people expressing their faith. More power to them. But when Tebow starts telling people that "god spoke to him" about a football game, I start to question his sanity.

Do they really think that with all of the evil in this world, all of the problems and suffering, all of the people praying for their lives or the lives of loved ones... that god really cares if a bunch of young, rich, healthy men, win a game?
It's clear you have no understanding of faith. People give glory to God because of what he allows us to do, not because of what he does for us. I am sure Tebow prays exactly the same, win or lose.

I'm guessing there is more to the story. There always is (especially when its a NY Post story).

You mean, media stories about the evil liberal atheists and their never ending persecution of the helpless, powerless, Christians often turn out to be, shall we say, selectively edited?

:)

You mean, media stories about the evil liberal atheists and their never ending persecution of the helpless, powerless, Christians often turn out to be, shall we say, selectively edited?

:)

Well, yes, that too. But really, I was just focusing on the fact that the NY Post is the shoddiest tabloid in the country (regardless of the current political views of its editors). The most famous piece of NY Post investigative journalism was the headline "Headless Body in Topless Bar!"

Archived