Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Questions about NewAmerica15.com...

HRNY4ZRNY

Google is your friend.

Video produced by Stansberry Investment...

http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm

The SEC had accused the defendants of fraud concerning a “Special Report” authored by Stansberry, using the pseudonym ‘Jay McDaniel’, about publicly-listed uranium enrichment services provider USEC, Inc. and a promotional “Super Insider Tip Email” offering the Special Report for sale that was distributed on May 14, 2002, after which Pirate Investor sold 1,217 reports for $1,000 each.

The promotional material offered purchasers of the report the opportunity to “double your money” by acting on “inside tips” that Stansberry had obtained from a “senior executive inside the company”, according to the SEC. However, the SEC alleged that the report, which included a claim that Government approval for a lucrative new pricing agreement involving USEC would be announced on May 22, was replete with lies and the judge agreed.

“The Super Insider Solicitation and the Special Report contain numerous statements that were untrue,” he commented. “Some of the untrue statements may not be actionable. [For example, the use of the pseudonym “Jay McDaniel” or even the predictive nature of some statements.] However, the essential fraudulent element – the misrepresentation that the purveyor of the Special Report had a particular inside source for the precise date on which the stock price would rise – is definitely actionable.”

Sounds like a real trustworthy guy. I suggest you all do exactly as he recommends in the video.

HRNY4ZRNY

Listen. You start the thread making it clear that this is pretty new stuff for you and openly solicited educational responses. You start right out with a foolhardy statement of "whether this is factual or fearmongering..." as though there's no importance in the distinction. You get a very diverse group of smart posters who respond in a consistent vein. You dismiss the responses, apparently because it's not going in the direction you want, and keep refering back to the video on the matter with a directive for them to "just watch it", even though it's a topic you admitted you're pretty unfamiliar with from the get-go. See anything wrong with this flow? :)

Let me be more direct. The video is a known infomercial-type scam and it indeed fear-mongering. That, and capitalizing on ignorance is their hook. It's that simple. If you want to learn about financial matters in this forum, follow appropriately titled threads where people like Hubbs, Peter MP, techboy, and others discuss those topics.

Leave the silly infomercial scams out of your interest zone. They're stupid. You're heading in that direction they way you're handling the comments in the thread. Listen to what you're being educated on; it's essentially what you requested.

I forgot to add to my post a third part about what happens when the dollar drops like crazy and people have invested in gold. Suddendly, all sellers leave. I don't care if you have gold. You are the only one around with enough to buy my hamburgers, so I better relocate to the homeland of the mythical money that never depreciates. If the city of NY is reduced to only 100 consumers, how retailers do you think it will take to satisfy them? Without sellers, how long do you think those 100 stay?

The way I see it, if there is ever a huge rush away from the dollar that happens so suddenly the markets can't keep up, we as a society will have bigger issues to deal with than wondering if we invested in gold soon enough. Our society will crash. I find myself with the same answer I had for my wife years ago when she asked what would happen if the entire stockmarket crahed to $0. I told her grab a gun and lets go claim Disney World.

I'd like to hear what NewAmerica1 through 14 have to say first before I listen to NewAmerica15.

They sucked. Stansbury used a bunch aweful special affect to create ridiculous characters to convice you to buy gold. Including a jamaican guy with long ears.

They sucked. Stansbury used a bunch aweful special affect to create ridiculous characters to convice you to buy gold. Including a jamaican guy with long ears.

Actually, I liked #8. It had a good beat and was easy to dance to---I gave it an 82.

Google is your friend.

Sounds like a real trustworthy guy. I suggest you all do exactly as he recommends in the video.

He refutes the SEC in this article for any one that cares. He says he never settled and has fought them to the end.

http://dailyreckoning.com/why-the-sec-sued-me-and-why-you-should-care/

Not really defending this guy but love to mess with people that pass everything off as moronic. :D

---------- Post added December-13th-2011 at 04:12 PM ----------

Here's a good video talking about the house of cards known as our economy:

S0LRQhxy0Mc

HRNY4ZRNY

Listen. You start the thread making it clear that this is pretty new stuff for you and openly solicited educational responses. You start right out with a foolhardy statement of "whether this is factual or fearmongering..." as though there's no importance in the distinction. You get a very diverse group of smart posters who respond in a consistent vein. You dismiss the responses, apparently because it's not going in the direction you want, and keep refering back to the video on the matter with a directive for them to "just watch it", even though it's a topic you admitted you're pretty unfamiliar with from the get-go. See anything wrong with this flow? :)

Let me be more direct. The video is a known infomercial-type scam and it indeed fear-mongering. That, and capitalizing on ignorance is their hook. It's that simple. If you want to learn about financial matters in this forum, follow appropriately titled threads where people like Hubbs, Peter MP, techboy, and others discuss those topics.

Leave the silly infomercial scams out of your interest zone. They're stupid. You're heading in that direction they way you're handling the comments in the thread. Listen to what you're being educated on; it's essentially what you requested.

I wasn't getting irritated that people don't believe the guy. The only reason I even mentioned the site was that is what got me thinking of it.

I guess I went about the thread wrong and could have been more clear. I was only trying to say IF something like this happens what are some good steps to take to be pro active.

Do you get what Im trying to say?

I wasn't getting irritated that people don't believe the guy. The only reason I even mentioned the site was that is what got me thinking of it.

I guess I went about the thread wrong and could have been more clear. I was only trying to say IF something like this happens what are some good steps to take to be pro active.

1. Good. :)

2. Ok, but you do seem to defend the site's content by referring people back to it as though it has important merit. ;)

3. Cool. :cool:

4. I know that, but while you weren't getign what you wanted, I was trying to suggest you were getting what you needed most for now. Then my suggestion for where you shoulds go next would be even more helpful. IMO. :D

5. Yes. I did initially, too. :)

Depends on what your goals are

survival or profiting

When the zombie apocalypse comes I am going to have about a half dozen boxes of MREs ready. Also, I want enough ammo and weapons to fill the backseat and trunk of a car. I am more worried about zombies than the dollar crashing over night.

I read a book a few months ago just for fun about how to survive a zombie invasion. I would assume it would be a lot like that. Only the strongest would survive. But honestly i dont see us ever getting to that point. If we ever came close to that point im sure our Goverment and Army would just take over some country.

What was the book called? I wanna read a good zombie book.

1. What currency are people going to move to and why?

The Euro isn't in any better shape. The European countries aren't in any better shape.

What happens to China if our currency falls? Japan?, etc.

(As he says, we won't be able to buy cheap stuff from them. Their economy is going to go into a tail spin then too.)

The Swiss are TRYING to not become the world reserve currency and are accumulating other currencies to keep it from happening:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-06/swiss-franc-weakens-as-report-shows-currency-reserves-climbed-to-record.html

(The Swiss DON'T want everybody buying and using Swiss Francs because their economy is to small to have that many Francs in circulation and for them to keep control of it, and they don't want the value of their currency to fall.)

I'm not saying it won't happen ever, but it isn't going to happen any time soon, and if it does, it won't just be the collapse of the US economy, but it'll be the world.

And yes the British lost their status as reserve currency, but guess what else they had (been) losing, most of their empire, which had an effect of shrinking their economy.

The difference in gas is more tied to taxes than the fact that the dollar is the reserve currency.

Gold is actually down recently about $500/ounce.

$300/ounce, not $500.

And the answer to your question is simple. The currency that the world will shift to, temporarily, will be gold.

Of course is sounds practically impossible right now. And I'm not saying that this is guaranteed to happen. I'm just saying that this is what will happen if things get so bad that enough investors lose faith in the dollar. (I personally believe that this is one of the three most likely scenarios we face in our economic future, but that's another topic for another post, one I plan to finish writing soon.)

You can see the first signs of this playing out right now. Central banks, for the first time in decades, have become net buyers of gold. They're not doing so because they think that buying an asset when its price is at an all-time high is usually a good idea. But if the bottom of the dollar falls out, that will effectively push the reset button on the entire global economy. There will be complete chaos. Countries will still need to have some sort of unit of currency to use for the meager amount of trade they'll do with each other. And because the dollar will only collapse if it's the last paper currency to collapse, the default currency will revert to gold.

The short-term price swings in gold are largely irrelevant here. The $300 surge that happened in late summer/early fall is as meaningless as the recent $300 fall. It's nothing more than speculation and profit-taking, especially when it comes to European banks, which are telling the public that everything is fine and there's no need to panic while they panic behind the scenes and sell everything in a desperate effort to stay solvent and liquid. As long as the world remains locked in the "race to debase," gold will continue its long-term march upward.

It's odd, but I find this discussion to be somewhat similar to discussions I've had regarding Newt and the Republican nomination. All of the arguments against his success would be valid in any other race in the past 40 years. But in this race, once you've eliminated all other options, whoever remains, however improbable, will receive the votes. All of the arguments against gold would be perfectly valid at (almost) any other time in the past 40 years. But if all countries in the world are trying to devalue their currencies, whatever remains, however improbable, will increase in value.

Google is your friend.

Mike's right here. (Print out this post and frame it, Mike. :silly:) Stansberry's a hack. Even if he's right about gold, he's right for the wrong reasons. You'd be smarter to listen to someone who's right for the right reasons, because that person will also tell you when it's time to get out of gold.

Archived