Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seriously? Rapists are trusted as much or more than Atheists?

gbear

Don't scoff. He's right....well, for roughly 27 days out of each month anyway.

And HH, we might disagree about any number of things but it appears your taste in women isn't one of them. Jeri Ryan FTW!!

Funny, but right after I read that post I saw Leverage was on and Jeri was in it...and looking fine. :)

7 of 9 was amazing, but so was this little Vulcan :)

30.jpg

Jolene_Blalock_02.jpg

check out her Maxim spread from a few years back--I have some pics but think they just miss our cut-off point :(

I think you knkw how much of a strawman that is when it is applied to Christianity. We talk about what we know, but to assume that Christians claim absolute knowledge is an error, that is the right reserved only for the divine.
so while the rest of the nonfaith world runs around trying to explain stuff we have already figured out we look at many of those topics as fairly mundane and basic,

Alright ... so you don't claim to have the absolute knowledge, just more than non-believers.

Pardon us rational scientific types if that doesn't look both arrogant and ludicrous.:)

Its hard to fault the religious type Corcaigh: They have a system that deals in Faith and Belief. It is a beautiful setup before man decided to own parts of it.

You cannot argue with someone that believes down to the Core that they are correct and you are wrong. Not even worth trying on Soulwinning wednesdays from 5-8pm then some pizza or tequitos ;).

If they want to believe that I spend all my time under peoples houses and fixing roofs for parts and donations is due to Saint Josephs subtle influence.

Who am i to argue. I'm just a dirty hippy atheist teacher rapist that hates everyone by default thats only happy if a fire is burning nearby.

A driver damages a parked car and leaves the scene. Later that same driver finds a wallet and takes the money. Which of the following would most likely describe the driver:

A) teacher,

B) Atheist teacher

C) rapist teacher

That's essentially the question asked in this "study". You really want to argue that this proves religious people view atheists morally on par with rapists? I find the question absurd. First of all rapists are a tiny portion of the population so I would find that response the least likely of the three. You going to argue that I trust teachers less than rapists based on that?

I question the judgement of those that feel it's appropriate to slam people from an entire religious/non religious background casually.

Dumb question. Not enough information. What kind of teacher? Because if it's a shop teacher, the answer is D. all of the above.

A driver damages a parked car and leaves the scene. Later that same driver finds a wallet and takes the money. Which of the following would most likely describe the driver:

A) teacher,

B) Atheist teacher

C) rapist teacher

That's essentially the question asked in this "study". You really want to argue that this proves religious people view atheists morally on par with rapists? I find the question absurd. First of all rapists are a tiny portion of the population so I would find that response the least likely of the three. You going to argue that I trust teachers less than rapists based on that?

I question the judgement of those that feel it's appropriate to slam people from an entire religious/non religious background casually.

What? No atheist rapist for answer D?

The only time you even think about atheists is when they force there point of view onto a community via a lawsuit to remove something that has been a landmark for 60 years or so or something just as silly around Christmas time.

Did anybody watch the Christmas episode of "The Middle" last Wednesday? Brick reads the Bible, and says "it's a good story but there are lots of holes in the plot" then starts asking a bunch of questions. Sue freaks out, gets Rev. Tim Tom to help out. Good episode.

Alright ... so you don't claim to have the absolute knowledge, just more than non-believers.

Pardon us rational scientific types if that doesn't look both arrogant and ludicrous.:)

Haven't met an atheist yet who did not worship science or politics (the democratic party), and, of course, refer to themselves as rational. They often sound suspiciously like they have been "saved".

It is bigotry to slam those who purposely try to deny you civil rights and would have no problem making you a second class citizen?

To pretend that there aren't people among religious groups who still have backwards and discriminatory beliefs towards atheists (or even other religious groups) is laughable. If calling them out is 'bigotry' itself, then so be it.

EDIT: what I'm saying has nothing to do with this study. The question is weird, or WP didn't explain the premises well enough.

yopu didn't call out individuals for their actions... you painted a whole group with broad strokes because of your perceptions of haw some individuals within the group behaved. That is the definition of bigotry.

how did you THINK this was going to be taken by somebody with religious beliefs?

" Luckily my profession and social circle is free from stupidity that stems from religious belief. "

Haven't met an atheist yet who did not worship science or politics (the democratic party), and, of course, refer to themselves as rational. They often sound suspiciously like they have been "saved".

I'm part of the United Atheist Alliance.

Corcaigh is part of the Allied Atheist Alliance.

Who's a member of the Unified Atheist League?

yopu didn't call out individuals for their actions... you painted a whole group with broad strokes because of your perceptions of haw some individuals within the group behaved. That is the definition of bigotry.

how did you THINK this was going to be taken by somebody with religious beliefs?

" Luckily my profession and social circle is free from stupidity that stems from religious belief. "

That statement does not paint everything religious as stupid, However, stupidity in the form of religious belief does exist. If you feel that you are not a part of the group which comes to ridiculous conclusions from whatever faith you follow, then the statement should not have offended you.

Even if it did, my apologies because it was not aimed at you (or anyone else).

Haven't met an atheist yet who did not worship science or politics (the democratic party), and, of course, refer to themselves as rational.

I was specifically talking about us types who have been awarded a Ph.D. Others determined that we are rational and scientific. :silly:

They often sound suspiciously like they have been "saved".

If by "saved" you mean "destined to be no more than worm food", I'd agree. It's empowering and surprisingly joyful to know your ultimate fate and still act like a decent human. :ols:

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 12:35 PM ----------

Through the revelation of God..yes...sorry that irritates you.

You really are a troll. :ols:

That's ok we forgive you.

You have no concept of how worthless that is to me. :evilg:

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 12:42 PM ----------

I'm part of the United Atheist Alliance.

Corcaigh is part of the Allied Atheist Alliance.

I haven't attended a meeting or paid the membership fee in so long, I'm not sure I'm still a member of AAA. Damn sure they haven't sent me a Christmas card in years. :(

I'm just a dirty hippy atheist teacher rapist that hates everyone by default thats only happy if a fire is burning nearby.

This is what's wrong with our unions. Anyone gets in just because of the job they have.

Best response for Atheists to give evangelicals:

"Faith is a gift I have yet to receive" and leave it at that.

Very gracious. Then how do you mess with them later?

And there's mi amigo, Timmy, getting off one his traditional "stupid remarks" in a thread. :pfft:

The thing like about Timmy, is he makes more than just stupid remarks in threads. He makes some reasonable ones, too. :)

I have faith he's going to continue to stay on the benign side of whackoville. :cool:

Through the revelation of God..yes...sorry that irritates you.

That's ok we forgive you.

ASF, if you've been paying attention, you irritate a lot of people here with several of your behaviors. :evilg: :pfft: And that's ok. Many of us are in that category to varying degrees. :D

WE forgive you and accept you (even the atheists and agnostics) . :halo:

I can tell. ;)

See, forgiveness is just another basic human behavior/construct common to us and independent of religious belief systems. :grouphug:

Death to you infidel!

Now we're finally talking my lingo.

nobody_loves_you-1.jpg

Not so fast with the 'We'.

Must be residue left from my brief fling with hippy-land, as a young teen in the late 60's. Not my fault. I plead hormones. The older girls that were there and their outlooks and apparel....yummmmm....put me way ahead of my peers. :D

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 10:17 AM ----------

Hey! Quit breaking rule 11, ya Irish heathen.

And there's mi amigo, Timmy, getting off one his traditional "stupid remarks" in a thread. :pfft:

The thing like about Timmy, is he makes more than just stupid remarks in threads. He makes some reasonable ones, too. :)

I have faith he's going to continue to stay on the benign side of whackoville. :cool:

I wasn't on the benign side of whackoville when they blindsided Rex in the end zone yesterday.

As far as Corcaigh statement about PHD's, if scholars wish to give other scholars a hearty handshake, awesome. How many PHD's did "rational" Ted Kaczynski have? (Another stupid remark).

Archived