Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seriously? Rapists are trusted as much or more than Atheists?

gbear

I wasn't on the benign side of whackoville when they blindsided Rex in the end zone yesterday.

As far as Corcaigh statement about PHD's, if scholars wish to give other scholars a hearty handshake, awesome. How many PHD's did "rational" Ted Kaczynski have? (Another stupid remark).

Timmy, I expected something more fesity in return, and you had my blessing (as long as it wasn't oooo bad rules-wise) :ols::)

And while there is that touch of well-worn dumb in the bromide, there is the (too obvious) valid point that a PhD is not more guarantee of a superior product in basic human behavior than is any other credential (like MD, JD, EE, M Ed, Master Mechanic, Colonel, priest, minister, reverend, rabbi etc).

The thing that does give it it's dumb element usually is when people have a sweepingly dismissive attitude to the credential's value (just as some do to a particular belief system) and then we have the additional hypocrisy factor of someone being quick to denigrate one (credential/belief) categorically while celebrating a different one of the same fundamental group (credential/belief) that they "like."

A PhD can be reasonably argued to normally represent a deep knowlegde of the associated field of study, and depending on that subject, it can often be logically and reliably inferred that certain critical cognitive skills are present in fair degree at a relatively high level of acuity. But as far as indicators of moral/ethical/socially benign behaviors, not so much. :)

The same would be said for any clerical credential, too, as the Catholic side of my family will agree in their recent suffering over the image of their church. :(

Not so fast with the 'We'.

And I'm pretty sure the Baptists won't be forgiving no damn Methodist either.

Aw, some are OK, but it's hard to separate them out from the United Methodists

Pretty soon they all start to look alike ,kinda like Souther Baptists....and we don't need more of them heretics.

You really are a troll. :ols:

Yes, part of that was obviously a tongue in cheek goad, but when you're talking to Christians this is what many of us believe, that scripture is the clearest revelation of God to humanity, written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit and infallible in what it teaches, and inerrant in those things that it actually attempts to claim (not necessarily those things that people want it to claim but doesn't).

You have no concept of how worthless that is to me. :evilg:

Now, that was me trolling you. :ols:

Yes, part of that was obviously a tongue in cheek goad, but when you're talking to Christians this is what many of us believe, that scripture is the clearest revelation of God to humanity, written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit and infallible in what it teaches, and inerrant in those things that it actually attempts to claim (not necessarily those things that people want it to claim but doesn't).

Now, that was me trolling you. :ols:

What if those men were inspired by alcohol? I mean seriously the pretence that a european culture beared witness to the son of god is ludacris!

Archived