Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley or Jones? You decide...

RakAttack

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd take Robert Griffin III over Barkley and way before Landry Jones. I'd consider Weedon in the 2nd Round perhaps. Gotta wonder though with our lack of play makers at WR, would we take a flyer on Blackmon? I know we've got terrible QB play, how much of that is WR play? Moss is nearly done, Hankerson could be good, and after him what do we have? Paul? Austin? Armstrong? Gafney? Really?

I agree with the whole Blackmon thing I even posted a thread about it if we possibly couldn't get a top pick but if one of these top four QBs is available when we pick we have to pull the trigger.

Remember we drafted 3 WRs last year in Leonard Hankerson, Niles Paul and Aldrick Robinson. Seems Shanahan was stocking up with them all being in their 2nd year next year and a full complement of OTAs, Mini Camp and training Camp they should be able to make an impact especially what we have seen from Hankerson.

So the Skins top two priorities in the draft should be QB first round and Offensive Line in the 2nd.

I wouldn't mind Barkley, but I think we are set up to make some pretty interesting moves this offseason. Landry is up in the air I think, but other than QB I think we are starting to look at really gaining some depth. Mainly OL, LB, DB.

I am from Colorado and I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am trying to find out if Eddie Royal is a free agent. He loves the Redskins, and I think he would like to play for Shanahan again. So we might be able to pick him up at a decent price and that might set us up at receiver.

After the last offseason I am anxious to see what Shanallen are going to work out.

When people mention Barkley's personality is he more like Rivers or Jeff George? Cause if he's like Rivers I could handle that.

Barkley is a humble kid. He's in the Christian fraternity at USC, volunteers to help orphans on his winter vacation, the whole nine. He's a leader and nothing like Sanchez/Leinart in terms of personality or wanting to party.

I have a funny personal story about him, actually. He went to a fraternity party once and two girls came up to him, fawning all over him as USC's QB. He took one look at them, jumped on his bike, and rode away. That's just the type of guy he is. He's nothing like George or Rivers, on or off the field.

Barkley is a humble kid. He's in the Christian fraternity at USC, volunteers to help orphans on his winter vacation, the whole nine. He's a leader and nothing like Sanchez/Leinart in terms of personality or wanting to party.

I have a funny personal story about him, actually. He went to a fraternity party once and two girls came up to him, fawning all over him as USC's QB. He took one look at them, jumped on his bike, and rode away. That's just the type of guy he is.

So you're saying he's gay?:whoknows:

:pfft:

No RG3. From Vick, to VY to Cam (it will be seen), his type will not win it all in the NFL

From what I have heard or read from the people on this board and others who study these guys closely, Griffin has a brain so he's already not comparable to Vick or Young.

My concern about Newton was the whole "one year wonder" thing and his apparent "labron" personality going into the draft. So far he's proven that those thoughts were wrong.

I don't have a preference right now. I just am enjoying reading other people's thoughts on these players. I just hope whomever we select is a hit. We can't afford to miss on this pick.

Barkley looked good on his short stuff but his long passes were all behind the receivers. All in all not much difference from luck when he played Oregon last week. I am a wee bit concerned on his arm strength

Wish I could have seen the Baylor game. Looks like RG3 had a better game against Okla st than tannenhill did the other week

for me its still

RG3

Barkley

Tannenhill.

I know we've got terrible QB play, how much of that is WR play? Moss is nearly done, Hankerson could be good, and after him what do we have? Paul? Austin? Armstrong? Gafney? Really?

Before Hankerson played recently, he got some hype from Shanny. Paul ditto so am curious to see him featured more when he comes back from injury.

Barkley is currently better than Jones and it looks like he's a better fit for the Skins offense. Guy is playing great right now and could vault himself over Luck as the top QB picked in April.

Skins should have a shot at either one as Jones won't be drafted as high. If the Skins really have him rated high then I'm sure they can grab him by trading down in the first, or back up in the first after drafting kalil.

:D

The knock on Barkley which I agree with is he lacks elite arm strength. He does not get a lot of zip on the ball and his deep throws tend to wobble and hang causing his receivers to hesitate slightly and wait for the ball. His accuracy is questionable especially on the deep slant where he tends to overthrow the receiver.

I read somewhere that scouts are questioning RG3's height listed as 6020 saying he is not that tall.

Going to watching the combine with great interest.

The knock on Barkley which I agree with is he lacks elite arm strength. He does not get a lot of zip on the ball and his deep throws tend to wobble and hang causing his receivers to hesitate slightly and wait for the ball. His accuracy is questionable especially on the deep slant where he tends to overthrow the receiver.
Doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Despite his performance on the field, Montana was not rated highly by most scouts. At one combine, Montana rated out as six-and-a-half overall with a six in arm strength, used to judge how hard and how far a prospect could throw the ball. By comparison, Jack Thompson of Washington State University rated an eight, the highest grade among eligible quarterbacks.
However, as disappointed as Brady was at getting drafted in the sixth round - he may have been luckily to have been drafted at all. One scout wrote about Brady prior to the draft in a scouting report that Tom had "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."

I picked Barkley, he looked good last night and his paper stats are there. I'm not a big fan of college ball, but as of recent, I've been catching a few games, highlights and YouTube videos.

Now I did see highlights of Baylor's game and Griff would be something different. Really, like many, I'd take any of the top 5 because we need someone good to run this offense down the field (and score).

Awaiting the asf threads (kinda). While long and drawn out, dude does put some interesting material in there. Right or wrong, opinions and facts, his predictions of qb's are a decent read.

While Luck still is and should be the top prospect based on his consistency, his pro-style of play, and his pedigree. I don't think anybody should be bummer if on draft day the Redskins end up with Barkley or Griffin. Hell, with those two probably being top 10 talents also, whoever has the top overall pick will have less leverage than previous years for a trade. If Indy is serious about Manning being their guy, they might WANT a OL like Kalil or Martin. It could be a year where they want to drop just a few picks and not be asking for a ton in return to go to 3 or 4.

Either way, we're going to probably have a top 5 pick. If we land Luck, Barkley, Griffin....that would be fine. If we drop back again to get more picks and end up with a Jones and more rookies (especially OL) then that shows a longer term plan.

While Luck still is and should be the top prospect based on his consistency, his pro-style of play, and his pedigree. I don't think anybody should be bummer if on draft day the Redskins end up with Barkley or Griffin.

Despite having lingering questions on Griffin's up-side and his height the one thing about him that I really love is his accuracy. That guy can thread the needle on any throw.

Barkley looks very comfortable in a pro-style play action offense and looks custom made for Shanny's offense.

Archived