Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley or Jones? You decide...

RakAttack

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I guarantee you that he's going earlier than 15. As for short throws/long throws, I read somewhere someone saying he completes over 59 percent of his deep passes this year? Anyone get any confirmation of this?

ESPN currently has him as the 5th rated prospect and as a 2nd rounder.

theres currently a serious disconnect between where fans rank him vs espn at the moment.

theres currently a serious disconnect between where fans rank him vs espn at the moment.

I wouldn't put much stock in ESPN's stuff until the season is over. Have they updated those things at all? He was maybe a second rounder at the beginning of the season...

There is disconnect but we've seen this happen before. Did anyone think Ponder was going to go quite that high?

I'll guarantee he goes top 10. You can quote me on that in April. Screw ESPN. Lol
I wouldn't put much stock in ESPN's stuff until the season is over. Have they updated those things at all? He was maybe a second rounder at the beginning of the season...

There is disconnect but we've seen this happen before. Did anyone think Ponder was going to go quite that high?

they update all the time. tannehill just moved into the 1st round so now theres 4 guys ahead of him. jones dropped a few spots, barkley rose a few.

mel kiper does have him listed at #24 on his big board, but mcshay does not have him in the top 32. and everyone usually thinks kiper is a dope and mcshay is the guru so take that for what you will. either way, even if hes first round, the adamant "HES A TOP 10 PICK!!!!" thats going around is a little far fetched at the moment IMO. but we shall see.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 10:55 AM ----------

With all the QB hungry teams I can see all 4 top QBs going top 10 if they declare. Without a doubt, I think Luck, Barkley, and Griffin go top top 10. Too much talent to slide.

when was the last time 4 QBs went top 10? ever?

edit: just looked.....never.

The only reason I'm so adamant is because I've been stalking all these QB prospects all season. I've watched nearly every game for all of them. If Griffin falls out the top 10 I will be shocked, and all those teams that passed will regret it. Maybe 4 going top 10 is a stretch because all 4 likely won't come out. But at least 3 should be picked. Also, ESPN college analysts have been calling Griffin possibly the second best QB behind Luck for weeks now during broadcasts. Strange they'd have him so low, but I doubt they'll be right.

Last year some guy on here kept saying Cam would go #1 once scouts actually analyzed his talents, and we all thought he was crazy. I guess I'm that guy this year. Lol

The only reason I'm so adamant is because I've been stalking all these QB prospects all season. I've watched nearly every game for all of them. If Griffin falls out the top 10 I will be shocked, and all those teams that passed will regret it. Maybe 4 going top 10 is a stretch because all 4 likely won't come out. But at least 3 should be picked. Also, ESPN college analysts have been calling Griffin possibly the second best QB behind Luck for weeks now during broadcasts. Strange they'd have him so low, but I doubt they'll be right.

Last year some guy on here kept saying Cam would go #1 once scouts actually analyzed his talents, and we all thought he was crazy. I guess I'm that guy this year. Lol

i was way off on cam, and his book is yet to be written, although hes been a lot rockier in his last few games than he was to start the season, however we wont really know his full worth until end of 2012.

for what its worth, mcshay has barkley listed as his heisman favorite after this weekend, and RG3 right behind him.

The Robert Griffin III comparison to Mike Vick is so laughable.

Yes RG3 is a track guy who can run with the ball.

But if anyone watched the game vs. OU or even just look at the stats, the guy doesn't bail from the pocket after one read like Vick or VY did in college. Most importantly, he's ACCURATE.

That being said, if Barkley is still there, I want him.

Isn't Griffin almost certainly staying in college one more year? Everything I've read recently has said he is going to stay in to further his law degree studies....

I don't think so. I've heard Law School he wanted to do, and that's not something that most people complete in a single year. If he stays he may not go NFL at all. If he stays, then there's nothing we can do about it then.

But if anyone watched the game vs. OU or even just look at the stats, the guy doesn't bail from the pocket after one read like Vick or VY did in college. Most importantly, he's ACCURATE.

This I agree with, I love that he kept looking because he recognized he still had time, moved to make more time etc. Then made throws and didn't run unless it was clear that it was the only option.

I'm just happy we passed on Gabbert. Didn't look like a NFL QB in college to me. Doesn't look like one now.

yeah, when we passed on gabbert i knew we didnt think too highly of him. and man, hes definitely not doing very well. he'll get next year as they need more help at receiver, but he seems like a bust waiting to happen.

yeah, when we passed on gabbert i knew we didnt think too highly of him. and man, hes definitely not doing very well. he'll get next year as they need more help at receiver, but he seems like a bust waiting to happen.

The guy we never should have cut was the guy who started at Mizzou before Gabbert.

Chase Daniels.

Number 2 in Orleans and the coaches love him.

We cut him for Colt, even though Chase wiped the floor with him in practice and preseason.

I think that will rapidly change though. ESPN First Take was already touting RG3 as possibly being better than Luck in the pros. I remember that ESPN and other scouts had Philip Rivers as a 2nd rounder, but he rapidly shot up in the rankings as the season came to a close. He then got drafted #4 overall. As of right now, I fully expect RG3 will be a top 10 pick.

My draft would go as follows: I would take that Blackmon kid from OK St. Heard he's better than Dez Bryant. I think a top flight QB will be available in the high 2nd round. I think the kid from Arkansas (Tyler Wilson) will be coming out, I also would like to know more about Case Keenum from Houston. I'm shaky on Landry Jones only due to the track record OU has with their skill position players in the NFL. Is Barkley the real deal, or is he Matt Leinert or Mark Sanchez?

The guy we never should have cut was the guy who started at Mizzou before Gabbert.

Chase Daniels.

Number 2 in Orleans and the coaches love him.

We cut him for Colt, even though Chase wiped the floor with him in practice and preseason.

^ This right here.

RGIII could easily be early first, the way he's playing is phenomenal, and his win against Oklahoma has to move him on the draft board at least a little. Still, I don't know how early he goes, since conventional wisdom puts him as later 1st round (maybe NFL coaches really really hate spread offenses?). If he wins a bowl game this year he might rise to top 10, but we'll see. Ideally we're in a position to move down to the 10 spot or so for him (assuming we don't get Barkley). RGIII at #10 and grabbing an extra 2nd rounder? I'd take that.

My draft would go as follows: I would take that Blackmon kid from OK St. Heard he's better than Dez Bryant. I think a top flight QB will be available in the high 2nd round. I think the kid from Arkansas (Tyler Wilson) will be coming out, I also would like to know more about Case Keenum from Houston. I'm shaky on Landry Jones only due to the track record OU has with their skill position players in the NFL. Is Barkley the real deal, or is he Matt Leinert or Mark Sanchez?

no no no no ...WE NEED QB 1st........Barkley is already running a pro style offense...he could adapt quickly....we need QB 1st all others after..

I want Griffin in a bad way. He is the best player in this draft and will be a top player in the NFL. I don't how Mike does it but he better get him. Forget the BS and get the QB that will pull us out of this funk.

Yep, I'm at the point where I don't think we'll quite get that #2 and I think we will need to, to get Griffin (not sure, though.) In any case, I think I would like him more than any other player up there, though I wouldn't slit my wrists if we got Luck.

And though you were unfair to that one poster (who I know from a long history) hitman's posts sent me over the edge and I have to concur with you. I don't think it's malevolent, it's just ignorance based on external appearance.

I'm also not sure why we WOULDNT want a Cunningham at QB. Do people remember this dude only for his first handful of years in the pros (including one where his knee was wrecked) where he had a "meh" offensive line and absolute **** at running back and overrated cats like Barnett and Calvin Williams at wideout?! I think Griffin is more focused than Cunningham (who was kind of weird, honestly, but a good dude) and the game is different now. I think you can get Rodgers-like performances out of this kid in two seasons.

I have been floating around this site for sometime and had to finally post after reading all the hate for Afro American QB's. It's easy to say that you would take someone like Brady or Rogers because you have NFL success to go off of. If all three had been in the draft together...RG3 would have been the favorite. If you have been a Skins fan on this planet, you would know we need a QB like RG3. He has some height, good arm, fast, and smart. If we had someone that was faster than the D and could throw. We would probably be in the playoff race. This Skins team has the talent to be successful. We just need a QB and an OC who will run plays based on his talent, not make our talent run his plays.

I agree on your assessment of RGIII. His accuracy (even on the run) kind of reminds me of Aaron Rogers at Cal, except he's faster.

BUT... I'd take RGIII over Barkely.

I have been floating around this site for sometime and had to finally post after reading all the hate for Afro American QB's. It's easy to say that you would take someone like Brady or Rogers because you have NFL success to go off of. If all three had been in the draft together...RG3 would have been the favorite. If you have been a Skins fan on this planet, you would know we need a QB like RG3. He has some height, good arm, fast, and smart. If we had someone that was faster than the D and could throw. We would probably be in the playoff race. This Skins team has the talent to be successful. We just need a QB and an OC who will run plays based on his talent, not make our talent run his plays.

I think there's a ton of support for Robert Griffin on this site. I watched him play for the first time this season Saturday and my jaw dropped. His accuracy was unbelievable. He looked short, so I checked and he's 6'2".

I don't think we have the talent. The scheme is fine. It's similar to what Houston Texans run, except we don't have Shaub, Arian Foster, and Andre Johnson. Arguably among the best at each position. Our best WR is Jabar Gaffney right now. We lack talent. Starting with a QB. RG3 would be great in our offense. He can easily throw from the pocket because he doesn't bail after the first read or pressure. His accuracy and decision making are outstanding. IF a play is busted, you bet he could run with it. Rex tried to run with it and lost 2-3 yards, which made our Field goal 52 yards. At least we should have done a run play to put the ball in the middle and maybe gain 2-3 yards...

Archived