Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley or Jones? You decide...

RakAttack

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I would have to vote for Griffin III..... He is the same height and weight as Barkley but is infinitely more athletic, more accurate, and 10x more fun to watch. He has a higher Qb rating, higher completing rating and a lower interception number. He will definitely bring the uniqueness and talent we need nut also positive media attention which I feel actually helps a teams overall confidence and momentum.

Have you watched a lot of Barkey as a comparison? his accuracy outside of short passes has been questioned by some much more heavily. again, doesn't matter in the scheme of things but interesting that both Kiper and mcShay has Barkley rated below Jones. Personally, I have to watch more before I have a definitive opinion

Barkley has been phenemol throwing the deep ball the last few weeks especially the last 2 and has improved a ton in this department from last season. I love his deep ball because he puts alot of air on it and lets his Wr try to make the play on it out front.

Honestly Barkley and RG3 have looked better on tape this year then Luck. Barkley might have a better understanding of coverages then all of them he does a great job munipulating coverage.

I keep seeing in here that Shanahan wants a QB with mobility, like Elway and Plummer, but Cutler doesn't run at all (in Den or Chi) and neither does Rex or Beck. I keep hearing how we like to roll the QB out. Less than 10% of our passing plays have been rollouts this year. I think I like Jones slightly for his accuracy,
Cutler doesn't run?

We do like to roll the QB out and there are reasons why we haven't done it as much from the limitations of the QB (Rex) and the lack of an effective running game to set-up the bootleg.

Less then 10% really? You been keeping track?

I agree with your last point though.

....I wouldn't be disappointed with Barkley or Jones.

After reading what NFL scouts are thinking about the college quarterbacks that could possibly enter the 2012 draft then watching some YouTube film of them in games these are the guys I like at this point in time. Jones might be gone by the time the Skins pick so voted for other. Not all that enthused by Barkley or RG3.

Luck

Jones

Cousins

Foles

After reading what NFL scouts are thinking about the college quarterbacks that could possibly enter the 2012 draft then watching some YouTube film of them in games these are the guys I like at this point in time. Jones might be gone by the time the Skins pick so voted for other. Not all that enthused by Barkley or RG3.

Luck

Jones

Cousins

Foles

Cousins is a Backup QB in the NFL. Foles has the tools to be a Franchise QB. But he is sluggish. I don't see how you can have Cousins or Foles over Griffin or Barkley.

Cousins is a Backup QB in the NFL. Foles has the tools to be a Franchise QB. But he is sluggish. I don't see how you can have Cousins or Foles over Griffin or Barkley.

I see Barkley as being a bit sluggish and inaccurate with Griffin as being a bit of an unknown. Griffin missed a lot of time due to a knee. He threw a lot of dinks and dunks early at Baylor though he has really improved his mid and long range throws this year. He has stepped it up so much this season that I just don't know how much upside the guy has left. Both quarterbacks have less than prototypical height. I don't evaluate qb's for a living so I'm sure my thoughts leave something to be desired but that's how I see the players at this time, subject to change at any minute.

HTTR!

Thing to keep in mind is Luck, Barkley, Jones and RGBIII are all Juniors - its probable that at least one of them will stay in school removing one option.
Griff III graduated early.

Re:Landy Jones/Cutler

When I think of Cutler I see a QB with elite arm strength that can use his legs to escape pressure, run for extra yards or create a play.

Jones reminds me more of a Flacco/Rivers then Cutler.

Jones actually reminds me of a more mobile Ryan Mallett but with slightly less arm strength.

Griff III graduated early.

Re:Landy Jones/Cutler

When I think of Cutler I see a QB with elite arm strength that can use his legs to escape pressure, run for extra yards or create a play.

Jones reminds me more of a Flacco/Rivers then Cutler.

Jones actually reminds me of a more mobile Ryan Mallett but with slightly less arm strength.

Jones reminds me of Cutler in his delivery and throwing motion not so much in how he moves. He may not have quite the arm Cutler has but he throws a really nice ball, he can really spin it.

The Flacco comparison is interesting, a guy who throws it really well but who sometimes has accuracy issues and makes some bad decisions. I see some of that in Jones and it does leave a question mark - I want a better QB than Joe Flacco for us.

Jones reminds me of Cutler in his delivery and throwing motion not so much in how he moves. He may not have quite the arm Cutler has but he throws a really nice ball, he can really spin it.
To each there own.

I think Landry's process is less compact and 'bigger' and slower then Cutler's.

I think Cutler's throwing motion is quicker, more compact and more explosive then Landry's, I just don't see it but to each there own.

I respect your QB opinion as much/more then anyone else on this forum.

The Flacco comparison is interesting, a guy who throws it really well but who sometimes has accuracy issues and makes some bad decisions. I see some of that in Jones and it does leave a question mark - I want a better QB than Joe Flacco for us.
Flacco is a damn good QB, IIRC the Ravens have one of the top winning percentages since he's been in their QB.

With that being said QB comparison's mean very little to me.

By making the comparison with Flacco I'm not saying his decision making or that Landry will become Flacco (although that would be a good outcome imo) I mean that they're similar in size and arm and style of play; although they can move they're not gonna run around and make plays they're gonna do they're damage from the pocket.

I was trying to avoid the obvious Bradford comparison but Landry reminds me of a cross between Bradfrod/Flacco/Rivers.

I could see either Jones or Barkley succeeding, but it's going to be more about the guys around them. Either one is a major step up from our current two, but if the O-line stinks then it won't make a difference. It sounds like a bad o-line would affect Jones more though, he seems to be a pocket passer with less mobility than Barkley. Still, I'm hearing a lot of pros and cons on both of these guys, so I'm going to assume both could succeed or fail based on the team around them.

RGIII is being mentioned a lot, and I like him too, but not as a top 10 pick in the draft. Beyond those 3 it's probably Tannehill who gets my next nod. Weedon was on there if we could steal him in the 3rd or lower, but his INTs last night made me question him.

Or, you know, we could probably get Orton off FA, since his contract's over (I doubt they'll resign him), or trade a late pick for Green Bay backup Flynn, or, assuming the Dolphins choose not to go back to Henne, trade a later pick for him too.

We have a fair amount of options, and honestly, I'd like us to get 2 QBs who potentially could start. Hedge our bets. Maybe sign Orton but also draft Barkley, Jones, Griffin, or Tannehill.

I don't get the love for Jones. The guy throws some boneheaded picks when the pressure is on, kind of reminds me of someone. Just another overrated spread offense QB IMO who plays in a conference where defense is not a priority.

He's a big strong quarterback for one thing. He is only 1 inch shorter and 10 lbs lighter than Big Ben is now plus Landry is 7 yrs younger. Like you said he has trouble with pressure and overthrows receivers creating turnovers. With a little more experience and coaching those issues can go away meaning the kid has some good upside to him so he has not yet maxed out his potential. I honestly think another year in school would do him some good.

Watching all three QBs play tonight I would be happy with any of them. I liked Landry Jones a lot at first but after watching them tonight I don't know how anyone can say Luck is clear cut above these other 3. It's more preference as of now I would rank them.

Griffin: This is just has that X-Factor about him after watching him play an amazing accurate QB with that kind of accuracy and discipline is Scary!!!

Barkley: Having played in a prostyle offense for 3 yrs in College is a big advantage ice Landry Jones.

Landy Jones: I liked him a lot more than the other two at first but after seeing all 3 play I soured on Jones a little bit bit I still like his height and arm

I'm excited though to see Luck, Barkley, Griffin and Jones in the NFL if they all come out. My biggest wish is that if the Redskins can't pick Luck that they get to pick the 2nd Qb off the board. I don't want to head excuses that we got a bad Qb cause so and so was off the board.

Barkley improves every week while playing under center.

Kid is the real deal.

Yeah that's why am Happy that Luck is the undisputed #1 cause it pushes the other Qbs each down a notch. If luck would have come out this year then that would have pushed Newton out of the top spot and maybe Locker would have been available to us at 10th. With Luck on the draft we have the chance to get a higher rated Qb then if he wasn't.

I just like how poised and tall Jones is. His stature demeanor is Brady-esque. I'm not saying he's as good as him. But just reminds me of how he moves. I'll be fine with any of them though. I also saw RG3 score his 4th TD...should be 6. wow. Barkley, I still have mixed emotions. I saw him yelling at one of his teammates who made a mistake. Not sure how to interpret that.

Archived