Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley or Jones? You decide...

RakAttack

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Luck is a non factor, there is no way were are going to get him with the Colts bombing like they are. So I ask you Redskins fans, who would you choose: Matt Barkley or Landry Jones? Or if you have a dark horse, let us know.

I have been watching a lot of film on the two (due to extreme work boredom) and its a pretty tough call. The more I have been watching Jones the more I like. He has a plus arm and plus accuracy with limited speed but decent mobility. His size is prototypical which after watching 4+ batted Grossman balls a game, I think a 6'5 QB would be nice. He definitely isn't perfect with his reads and sometimes likes to just let it fly down field but I think that can be developed. Also there is the fact that he plays in the BIG 12 rather than the PAC-12 which I think we can all agree is for superior when it comes the level of talent on defense that he is forced to play against. I think as long as we are pick in the top 10 in the draft that we can maneuver our way up to get him. Let me know what you all think.

Cheers

Dude, I think that 110% of the board would be happy with almost anyone not named Rex or Beck, the question is who has the fastest release, because behind the joke of a line we have right now, they better be able to get rid of the ball PDQ or they are going to have grass stains in places they have never had them before.

Dude, I think that 110% of the board would be happy with almost anyone not named Rex or Beck, the question is who has the fastest release, because behind the joke of a line we have right now, they better be able to get rid of the ball PDQ or they are going to have grass stains in places they have never had them before.

Our o-line is not that bad.....

We have a bottom 5 pass blocking o-line with middle of the pack pass protection, thats not terrible.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/41283/football-guru-mel-kiper

Who's a better fit for the Redskins...Landry Jones or Matt Barkley?

Mel Kiper (1:17 PM)

Still to be determined. It's too early. You want to see Oklahoma against Oklahoma State for Landry Jones. Matt Barkley has a big game coming up this week with USC at Oregon. How does he handle that? Those are two tough road games. Two good evaluation games. Jones has a lot of talent. He struggles a little bit with pressure. His accuracy is not what it is when he doesn't have time to throw. And with Barkley, how tall is he? They're battling for that second QB spot. I haven't yet made my decision.

I will take Jones. Good arm strength, decision making, and I like the height. Either way...anyone is better than the Pinto & Chevette we currently have parked in the driveway.

Check this out.....detailed comparison of Barkley vs Jones.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/860651-the-tale-of-the-tape-landry-jones-vs-matt-barkley

I saw that, thus far both Kiper and McShay have Landry rated higher than Barkley on their boards

I didn't vote, because I honestly don't know. You could throw Griffin in there too. I wouldn't be mad or over-the-moon happy if we drafted one of those 3. We just need to draft a damn QB.

Griffin is a more athletic campbell, no thank you. The kid will struggle in the nfl.

I personally like Matt Barkley because his release is much smoother, accurate and he is much more mobile. Landry does have fantastic height which is great for vision and reading defenses. Jones' release is kinda slow and awkward based on the highlights from the Oklahoma v. Texas game I watched this year. Either way, I am happy with Luck, Jones or Barkley coming to the Skins. Huge upgrade!!

---------- Post added November-17th-2011 at 10:51 PM ----------

Not a big fan of RG3. Good in college but I don't think he will transition to the NFL real well. Probably should be drafted as a kick returner or receiver since he is more elusive and still has the ability to throw for some gimick plays

I personally like Matt Barkley because his release is much smoother, accurate and he is much more mobile. Landry does have fantastic height which is great for vision and reading defenses. Jones' release is kinda slow and awkward based on the highlights from the Oklahoma v. Texas game I watched this year. Either way, I am happy with Luck, Jones or Barkley coming to the Skins. Huge upgrade!!

Disagree...don't think Landry will be a huge upgrade from Rex...not for awhile anyway...I see Landry's upside somewhere in the Jason Campbell range...maybe a tad better if everything around him is right.

probably any qb coming out of the draft this year will be better than what we currently have.

i have it rated luck, barkley, rg3, tannehill, jones, weeden currently, but i wouldnt be disappointed with any of them at the right price.

As an OU fan I can tell you Jones is not in my top 5 QBs in this draft...I will be VERY upset if we wind up with him anywhere in the first round

why exactly is this? i keep hearing it from OU fans.

for some reason Jones rubs me the wrong way. ive only seen a couple of his games, but im just not sold yet, im feeling a highly touted college qb that busts in the NFL.

Disagree...don't think Landry will be a huge upgrade from Rex...not for awhile anyway...I see Landry's upside somewhere in the Jason Campbell range...maybe a tad better if everything around him is right.

I was just basing my response on the actual question, this is how I feel if these were my only two choices. I like what I have seen from Matt Barkley and really think he is a better fit into the system the Skins have in place now.

Archived