Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley or Jones? You decide...

RakAttack

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yep, I'm at the point where I don't think we'll quite get that #2 and I think we will need to, to get Griffin (not sure, though.) In any case, I think I would like him more than any other player up there, though I wouldn't slit my wrists if we got Luck.

And though you were unfair to that one poster (who I know from a long history) hitman's posts sent me over the edge and I have to concur with you. I don't think it's malevolent, it's just ignorance based on external appearance.

I'm also not sure why we WOULDNT want a Cunningham at QB. Do people remember this dude only for his first handful of years in the pros (including one where his knee was wrecked) where he had a "meh" offensive line and absolute **** at running back and overrated cats like Barnett and Calvin Williams at wideout?! I think Griffin is more focused than Cunningham (who was kind of weird, honestly, but a good dude) and the game is different now. I think you can get Rodgers-like performances out of this kid in two seasons.

Yeah I kind of went over the edge on dude. I guess it was the fact that it just seems like draftniks and everybody saying dude is a project and he relies on his running ability. Its like come on....look at what he is doing. He is not exciting because he runs, its because he is passing the best deep ball in the country. I mean that first game was crazy. I almost felt like I was there. Then people say he aint making NFL reads and how long is it going to be till he learns the NFL game. But this dude is smart and probably one of the smartest players in the country and shows he likes to challenge himself with higher learning. That is very rare when a player with his gifts but is thinking about stay for LAW SCHOOL. And for him to be carrying a team that most people haven't even heard of speaks volumes. Everything is hitting people in the face saying Franchise QB but yet and still he isn't worth a time or day. Or we should draft a LT when we got a LT. Its like what? He is killing it way better than Luck is even when his team is no where near the team Luck got around him.

We need RG3, a qb who doesn't need star wr to make things happen. The others listed above need standout wr which make them look good. RG3 makes basic players look good which is what the Skins need. And guest what, he can scramble for big yards; talk about exciting !!

In fairness, Kendall Wright is a pretty good player (or seems to be) and that other dude is super fast (though I couldn't tell you how skilled he is for a college Div I wideout.)

That said, he's generally not playing with guys who are elite, Justin Blackmon-type wideouts. And his line can't keep guys out of the backfield.

Barkley is surrounded by elite Div I and future NFL talent.

I think there's a ton of support for Robert Griffin on this site. I watched him play for the first time this season Saturday and my jaw dropped. His accuracy was unbelievable. He looked short, so I checked and he's 6'2"

College teams are somewhat notorious for inflating the "official" height and weight of players. Honestly, I'm not convinced that RG3 or Barkley are actually 6'2 but we'll find out once the combine rolls around. Being just a bit under 6'2 would be unlikely to turn teams off, but if a QB is listed as 6'2 and comes in closer to 6'0 I could see that hurting his stock, especially when you're talking about a potential top 5 or top 10 pick.

RG3 looked good against OU, but OU let recievers run wide open deep a few times, for whatever reason. And RG3 did miss a couple of them.

Reminds me of Vince Young in college. I've been more impressed with Barkley, I'm with others on the whole USC QB thing, but the USC/Stanford game was impressive.

Jones has alot of potential, I thought he was impressive against Baylor with all the injuries OU has.

Ideally maybe the RGIII hype will push him to the #1 spot and Andrew Lucks falls. Doubtful, but anything is possible

RGIII's ascent in the charts has really made this a QB class that could be the best in years. If we continue along this path, we'll easily end up with one of the big three (Luck, Barkley, Griffin).

I'd be more than okay with this. :)

College teams are somewhat notorious for inflating the "official" height and weight of players. Honestly, I'm not convinced that RG3 or Barkley are actually 6'2 but we'll find out once the combine rolls around. Being just a bit under 6'2 would be unlikely to turn teams off, but if a QB is listed as 6'2 and comes in closer to 6'0 I could see that hurting his stock, especially when you're talking about a potential top 5 or top 10 pick.

Very true. He's throwing 75% this season... that's incredible... But, yea... in the NFL... a 6'0" QB will have that against him.

Nice article. I watched the Baylor-Oklahoma game on Saturday night and I'm glad I did. Landry Jones and Robert Griffin III both played well, although Jones threw a pick. But Griffin III showed pocket presence, poise, and ability to hit his receivers almost at will. Although I like Jones more than Griffin III, I have to give credit where its due. Griffin III out-shined Landry Jones. Had this game been played at Oklahoma, the shoe would have been on the other foot and it would have been Jones that had thrown for 500 yards or so. But if the Redskins select Griffin III with their first draft choice I will be delighted.

Neither. Take Khalil or whomever is the best OT when we pick. This line needs several years of top picks before we can even protect a young quarterback enough to evaluate them.

Um no. A QB is a more important piece of the offense that is harder to come by and it's a way bigger weakness than OL is for us right now.

Our o-line is not that bad.....

We have a bottom 5 pass blocking o-line with middle of the pack pass protection' date=' thats not terrible.[/quote']

Don't you mean a bottom 5 run blocking line? You are ok with that?

Middle of the pack pass protection?

This is the worst unit on this team right now.

Lack of production and depth on the OL is what singlehandedly sunk this season, along with some questionable O playcalling games 4-9.

The OL has not been addressed for years now, and we are reaping the "benefits" of that decision.

We are going into the draft this year FORCED to pick OL as opposed to BPA.

---------- Post added November-23rd-2011 at 10:46 AM ----------

Um no. A QB is a more important piece of the offense that is harder to come by and it's a way bigger weakness than OL is for us right now.

Keep playing Madden.

Leave real football to the adults.

---------- Post added November-23rd-2011 at 10:48 AM ----------

346%20-%20horrible%20idea%20office-space.jpg

Yeah, keep drafting Heath Shuler, Jason Cambell etc....

This franshise doomed itself to years of mediocroty at QB when they let Trent Green get away.

Archived