Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2011/2012 Winter Weather Thread***

mikered30

I love cold weather. I love it when its 20 degrees out. Sometimes I just go for long walks when its cold and especially when it is snowing. I love winter, it is my favorite season and it always has been. I actually like shoveling snow, I have no problem driving in "bad" weather. I wish it would get really really cold and start snowing. We had that tease of a snow storm in late October and it has been way too warm ever since.

I love cold weather. I love it when its 20 degrees out. Sometimes I just go for long walks when its cold and especially when it is snowing. I love winter, it is my favorite season and it always has been. I actually like shoveling snow, I have no problem driving in "bad" weather. I wish it would get really really cold and start snowing. We had that tease of a snow storm in late October and it has been way too warm ever since.

100% agree with everything in this post. Love walking in the snow, driving in the snow, snowboarding, ice skating, anything snow related, really. Hell, even playing football in the cold weather or some other sport, love the feel of breathing in that crisp, cold air while working up a sweat. Bring it on, old man winter.

100% agree with everything in this post. Love walking in the snow, driving in the snow, snowboarding, ice skating, anything snow related, really. Hell, even playing football in the cold weather or some other sport, love the feel of breathing in that crisp, cold air while working up a sweat. Bring it on, old man winter.

Lol, I actually disagree just about 100% with everything in that post. Bring me warm sunny skies forever and I'll be happy!

You are not alone. Only a matter of time until I stop talking about it and move to San Diego or Miami.

That's what I'm doing. I do like winter and I like the snow, but I'm just not ready for those low hanging grey clouds, icy winds in my face, sitting in the car shivering waiting for the heat to blow, so I'm going to sit on sand under a palm tree for the winter.

Snow is great, but those clear skyed, bitterly cold, windy days in winter are awful. If it's gonna be 25 degrees it needs to be snowing.

this

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 11:07 AM ----------

That's what I'm doing. I do like winter and I like the snow, but I'm just not ready for those low hanging grey clouds, icy winds in my face, sitting in the car shivering waiting for the heat to blow, so I'm going to sit on sand under a palm tree for the winter.

where are you moving?

I want snow on Christmas Eve. I am taking my 6-year old to his first Skins game (though he says he is now a Vikings fan because of McScabb). A snow game would be amazing!

I do believe last year was the first time I ever experienced snow on X-mas Eve/X-mas. Would have been freaking awesome if I didn't have to drive in it :(

X-mas Eve football game in the snow would be great, though!

USVI St Croix

i hate you. my dream is to move to St. Thomas. i've visited the past 2 summers and I've promised myself I would move there in the next 3 years. I am currently working on making that happen. (my current job could potentially allow for remote work in the future)

its tough because the cost of living is outrageous and the job market is terrible unless you work in customer service

here, check this out: http://www.gotostthomas.com/live/ Thats a live link from Magens Bay

i usually look at that webcam every morning at work (especially in the winters) picturing myself there. i absolutely love it down there

i hate you. my dream is to move to St. Thomas. i've visited the past 2 summers and I've promised myself I would move there in the next 3 years. I am currently working on making that happen. (my current job could potentially allow for remote work in the future)

its tough because the cost of living is outrageous and the job market is terrible unless you work in customer service

I work in restaurants and it's cheaper than where I live now. Think of it this way, now you have a place to crash and a tour guide. You're Ryan right? If so, I owe you one and it looks like it'll be payed back nicely.

When I told my sister, that's what she said. "You're stealing my dream!" :ols:

here, check this out: http://www.gotostthomas.com/live/ Thats a live link from Magens Bay

i usually look at that webcam every morning at work (especially in the winters) picturing myself there. i absolutely love it down there

That was one of our stops on a cruise i went on. Its an amazing place. Would love to move ther.

I work in restaurants and it's cheaper than where I live now. Think of it this way, now you have a place to crash and a tour guide. You're Ryan right? If so, I owe you one and it looks like it'll be payed back nicely.

When I told my sister, that's what she said. "You're stealing my dream!" :ols:

I'm not Ryan but I'll be glad to take you up on your offer!

I've never made it out to St. Croix (only St. Thomas and St. John) but its definately high priority on my list

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 11:49 AM ----------

That was one of our stops on a cruise i went on. Its an amazing place. Would love to move ther.

Magens Bay? Yea thats a fantastic beach. Was it crowded when you went? I'm assuming so because of all the other people on the cruise. Its even more amazing when you go when no cruise ships are in port and you have most of the beach to yourself

Magens Bay? Yea thats a fantastic beach. Was it crowded when you went? I'm assuming so because of all the other people on the cruise. Its even more amazing when you go when no cruise ships are in port and you have most of the beach to yourself

Yea, and it wasn't too bad. But its super nice! Cant wait to go back there someday. And the skybar thing or whatever its called was awesome too

Ok Guys, I have been hearing about a possible snow event this thursday night into friday morning..none of the news stations have it yet, but there is talk on a facebook group that follows DC weather, there is a chance for back end snow from all this rain we will be getting over the next few days. Anyone on here know anything about this storm? Right now it looks like surface temps will be to warm stick on the roads but could give a nice white covering to the grasses.

Archived