Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2011/2012 Winter Weather Thread***

mikered30

Does anyone else follow the wxrisk.com forecaster Dave Tolleris based out of the Richmond area? The guy has been pretty accurate with NE/Mid-Atlantic snowstorms and recently with Hurricane Irene. He usually challenges the conservative forecasts of the local news meteorologists. Very entertaining to follow during the winter season as he gives his in depth forecasts.

http://www.wxrisk.com/

http://www.facebook.com/WxRisk

Hey Capt. Rich, I've got some relatives down that way. I thought the cooler weather would have knocked the state bird down a bit. At least you guys aren't cut off any longer.

Yeah, it's deff to early for snow. Although, all we'll get is a cold rain.

OBX=wind, as usual.

Oh yeah, & still an epic mosquito problem. You can't even walk to your car without being attacked.

I was there the week after the hurricane. South Nags Head was BAD. I mean, mosquito's landed in citronella candles. Any shade, you were toast. Between the hours of 6PM and 11AM, you were toast. It was our (wife, daughter and mine) first ever trip to OBX, and it was rough. When we packed the car to leave, I had on sweats, a long sleeve T, and a short sleeve T over my head and neck so all that was exposed was my face and hands. I had like 320 mosquito bites on my face and hands from loading the car. When we got home and unloaded. mosquito's that were trapped between bags were released. I counted 13 that flew out the back of my truck. It was like a horror movie, they would be attacking your windows trying to get in.....

Bring on the cold, kill them sons of ****es

I can hear the trucks spraying at night & it's hardly making a dent. This is a different mosquito. The wind blew these out of the big marshes and out areas & they are thriving. They don't even care about the cold. We fished late the other day and the sun set on me cleaning the boat. I finally dropped everything and ran to my truck. 4 of them made it in with me & i was going as fast as I could.

We need a good frost. These things can even fly through 20 to 25 knots of wind.

Does anyone else follow the wxrisk.com forecaster Dave Tolleris based out of the Richmond area? The guy has been pretty accurate with NE/Mid-Atlantic snowstorms and recently with Hurricane Irene. He usually challenges the conservative forecasts of the local news meteorologists. Very entertaining to follow during the winter season as he gives his in depth forecasts.

http://www.wxrisk.com/

http://www.facebook.com/WxRisk

Yes I follow him all the time, and won several bets because of his forecast. I also like that he will admit when he missed one

It was 80 here in the Springs yesterday. Now we supposed to be getting up to a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow. The weather here is completely out of control :ols:

Wow. It was 80 again today & will drop drastically...into the 70's by the weekend. No snow in the forecast here, thank the Lord. I hate snow.

It really is incredible. It's beautiful here, but the weather is extreme and severe.

I was stationed at Ft. Carson back in the late 80's and really loved living in Co. Springs...I miss the front range and being able to look out my barracks window and see Pikes Peak. :( Great summers without humidity and tolerable winters.

It really is incredible. It's beautiful here, but the weather is extreme and severe.

One of the first things I learned when I moved here nearly 25 years ago,was an "old" addage.

"Springtime in the Rockies. Get tired of the weather,wait 15 minutes." I then learned,(rather quickly I might add),that that is true of this time of the year as well. Okay. Just about any time of year hear. :)

Oh. Presently 22 degrees with a feels like of 17. I was in a tshirt on Monday.

One of the first things I learned when I moved here nearly 25 years ago,was an "old" addage.

"Springtime in the Rockies. Get tired of the weather,wait 15 minutes." I then learned,(rather quickly I might add),that that is true of this time of the year as well. Okay. Just about any time of year hear. :)

I remember a day while stationed at Ft. Carson when it was in the mid 60's and sunny, and about 3 hours later it was cold and snowy. Happened like that many times in fact. It was crazy how unpredictable the weather was while living in the Springs.

I remember a day while stationed at Ft. Carson when it was in the mid 60's and sunny, and about 3 hours later it was cold and snowy. Happened like that many times in fact. It was crazy how unpredictable the weather was while living in the Springs.

My dad was stationed at Ft. Carson from 1969 to the Summer of 1971. To this day,both he and my mom will laugh about the local weather saying there was a 20% chance of snow. That always meant it would probably 20% a foot or so.

And yeah. I know those days. Had to get used to that real fast as well. Southern winds bringing warm temps,but usually follow that up with a storm.

I was stationed at Ft. Carson back in the late 80's and really loved living in Co. Springs...I miss the front range and being able to look out my barracks window and see Pikes Peak. :( Great summers without humidity and tolerable winters.

Yeah, it's beautiful here. I really do love the scenery and the hiking trails.

Yep, that's so true. One of the female wrestlers was at our house the other night and was all ticked off about the weather. "I'm not ready for the snow! I slept at the dorms last night and all I had were flip flops! When I woke up, there was a half of foot of snow on the ground and the temperature had dropped 40 degrees...and my car was parked half a mile away!!!" Haha. I just told her welcome to Colorado. I keep all sorts of different weather clothes with me in my office and my car.

Archived