Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2011/2012 Winter Weather Thread***

mikered30

The thing is, that is for the Saturday storm. Should the storm next week form, that would bring a better chance of snow

This weekend's storm, GFS is starting to keep it out to sea, but if it does ride up the coast I think we may JUST miss any snow. It'll be very cold and wet, but I think it may be just a bit to warm for the big cities to see any snow.

The thing is, that is for the Saturday storm. Should the storm next week form, that would bring a better chance of snow

This weekend's storm, GFS is starting to keep it out to sea, but if it does ride up the coast I think we may JUST miss any snow. It'll be very cold and wet, but I think it may be just a bit to warm for the big cities to see any snow.

Will you by chance be giving the Skins24 winter weather predictions like the local weather guys? :beavisnbutthead:

Got our first snow storm a few weeks ago. A couple feet of it way up high. Dumped pretty heavy a few times,(I was out in one of them. :) ). Supposed to be darn cold the next few days here. High of 37 tomorrow. That hurt our fall here pretty nicely in several spots. :( Any snow and such I'll be more than happy to send your way. ;)

We got a little snow a couple weeks ago. Currently, we're under a winter storm warning and are expecting 6-12 inches of snow tonight and through tomorrow. Yay.

Can't wait for the drive to work tomorrow where everyone freaks out, forgets how to drive in snow, and crashes into one another.

It was 80 here in the Springs yesterday. Now we supposed to be getting up to a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow. The weather here is completely out of control :ols:

When I lived in Denver, I learned very quickly just how volatile changes in the weather can be there.

It's really amazing, isn't it?

I eagerly await myself, sticksboi and skins 24 to predict snow and everyone else not to believe it :P...as for this weekend climo speaking its very unlikely. This plus a neutral NAO and a slight negative PNA pretty much sets the table for some rain and cool conditions this weekend.

I haven't had much of a chance yet this year to study any of the predictions closely, other than that it appears to be a slightly colder in the first half/milder second half of winter. Would like to hear some thoughts on the upcoming winter precip potential. I haven't even had a chance to look at the models regarding this weekends storm, but if its trending it offshore, I like that. I'd rather take my chances heading into winter with an offshore pattern versus a setup that lends itself to ridge runners.

I love how the original post has the snow/rain line right through my backyard...as usual. I've learned by now not to judge a nor'easter until it's actually at our doorstep. Those things are like 50 yard field goal attempts in to crosswinds. Looks good, looks good, looks good, OH it tailed off to the right.

Last year the "kicks" looked bad, then good, then bad, then good, repeat x10. Two of 'em split the uprights, and I think another gigantic blizzard barely missed us near the end of winter.

Archived