Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2011/2012 Winter Weather Thread***

mikered30

yea at this point its a lost cause. this winter has been the mildest i've ever experienced and i've lived here my entire life.

at this point i can live without snow for the rest of winter

I usually love a good snow too...but the holidays have been over for a month, the decorations are taken down and back in boxes, and we're closer to Spring Training than we are to anything I associate with winter. So, I'd be fine if the spring weather just continued starting this week. Maybe we can save up and get a great snowstorm next year around the holidays or something!

Wow, it's already 68 degrees outside, and it isn't even noon yet!:ols:

Can we just fast forward into March and begin spring already? That's probably what the groundhog will proclaim tomorrow when it doesn't see it's shadow. The way I see it: it's February, we're past the holidays and any snow now will probably delay the inevitable since the days are getting longer now and the sun angle is getting stronger each passing day.

yea at this point its a lost cause. this winter has been the mildest i've ever experienced and i've lived here my entire life.

No way.

1998, 2001, 2007 was very similar until Feb., 2002, last Feb. was a true blow torch, etc.

This year certainly ranks high, but we've definitely had milder and less snowier winters.

No way.

1998, 2001, 2007 was very similar until Feb., 2002, last Feb. was a true blow torch, etc.

This year certainly ranks high, but we've definitely had milder and less snowier winters.

i dont think so amigo. i don't remember a winter when i haven't seen any type of accumulation like this one (maybe 1998). i don't remember 10+ 60 degree days like this winter. it has rarely dropped below 40 during the day this winter.

there hasn't been any accumulating snow this year and only a handful of truly cold days. its pretty astounding

there hasn't been any accumulating snow this year and only a handful of truly cold days. its pretty astounding

yea, i have to agree. i've lived here for 40 years and this is the most mild winter i can remember.

i dont think so amigo. i don't remember a winter when i haven't seen any type of accumulation like this one (maybe 1998). i don't remember 10+ 60 degree days like this winter. it has rarely dropped below 40 during the day this winter.

My pop has been in the area since '53. He remembers many winters like this. When I was a kid I always remember it cold and having snow. But the more people I talk to who are in their 50/60's say otherwise.

My pop has been in the area since '53. He remembers many winters like this. When I was a kid I always remember it cold and having snow. But the more people I talk to who are in their 50/60's say otherwise.

yea i don't know if i'd say "many" winters. but maybe one or two. i've been here as long as you. do you remember anything like this? i don't. KLJ doesn't either and he's been here 40 years

Isn't it going to be almost 50 on Sunday?

Yes. We are getting nada, but one step closer to spring. The long range forecast is favorable for those of us that don't want snow this year.

I'm actually ready to start laying down the lime and fertilizer. Com on spring!!

Archived