Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2011/2012 Winter Weather Thread***

mikered30

That Saturday storm was nuts, never seen anything like it. I looked out the window and it was perfectly calm and normal, then I look back 5 seconds later and it was like the end of the world. It was a white out with insane wind, sleet, snow, and even thunder. Then it was over in 20 minutes. I am really glad I wasn't driving when that came through.

That Saturday storm was nuts, never seen anything like it. I looked out the window and it was perfectly calm and normal, then I look back 5 seconds later and it was like the end of the world. It was a white out with insane wind, sleet, snow, and even thunder. Then it was over in 20 minutes. I am really glad I wasn't driving when that came through.

It caught me walking out to my hounds house (Gibbs and Sadie have their own house heated and AC) to feed them with the chi puppy. It was crazy! Pez was laughing from the kitchen window.

Yeah it was weird. Left my house and it was 42, about 5 minutes later it was snowing its ass off and it was down to 34.

Looks like we have another possible weekend storm. Hoefully this one will hit and we see some decent snow fall.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer...

But it doesn't look like the cold air is going to help this storm. More rain ...with some possible, but unlikely, freezing on the back end.

Yep, most of the storms over the past few years have at least started on the weekend. Kinda sucks, but 2 years ago it really didnt matter, we all had just about the full week off.
Speak for yourself. I drove to work each and every day after those big ass storms. That was the best week of work ever! No one else in the office, got to catch up on all my miscellaneous stuff I normally have to do around holidays. And I got to leave on time all week!

Seriously, woulda loved to have off, but my office never closes.

Yes a chance...The Euro Model says YES!!!!!, the GFS model says No!!. Still got a few days to at least track it.

Immediately after I responded to your post a couple days ago I had a feeling that things would turn around and make me look foolish. While it seems that it could still amount to nothing, there are definitely signs/clues that this storm could turn into a Nor'easter. Way to keep the faith alive!!!

Immediately after I responded to your post a couple days ago I had a feeling that things would turn around and make me look foolish. While it seems that it could still amount to nothing, there are definitely signs/clues that this storm could turn into a Nor'easter. Way to keep the faith alive!!!

I have a feeling this might be our last chance of any decent snow before spring. I am hoping that this storm makes up for a crappy winter so far. I really need my snow fix.

For all those complaining about the lack of snow, it's all in eastern Europe:

Snow cuts off hundreds of villages in eastern Europe

(Reuters) - Heavy snowfall across eastern Europe cut off hundreds of villages on Tuesday and rescue teams struggled to evacuate people in southern Bulgaria where rain and melting snow had caused a dam wall to break, flooding an entire village.

A river dike also broke under intense water pressure near Kapitan Andreevo at the border with Turkey, officials said.

The cold snap has killed hundreds of people across Europe and temperatures in some countries plummeted to nearly minus 40C (minus 40F). Officials on Tuesday warned of flooding when temperatures rise and snow melts.

Around 146 towns and villages in Romania were isolated with no road or train connections because of blizzards. Up to 174 villages had no electricity, said Alin Maghiar, spokesman for Romania's emergency department.

enhanced-buzz-wide-11684-1329083718-7.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

Archived