Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2011/2012 Winter Weather Thread***

mikered30

i was in Norfolk over the weekend.... and drove home sunday night. oops (i left around 6 pm)

there was warm rain in Norfolk, and basically nothing in DC... but in between there was a blizzard. 64 and 95 were essentially reduced to one lane. There were wrecked and stranded cars all over teh place, but amazingly they all had the good grace and charm to wreck themselves OFF of the road. traffic was only moving 20 miles an hour... but it was plodding along single-file at that pace consistently.

but in the end: the worst of all worlds. I had to DRIVE throught loads of the stuff, but there was nary a snowflake to ENJOY at either end of the trip :(

I give up, taking the winter wheels off the car today. What a bull**** winter, here in Falls Church I don't think we had 3 inches total for the whole winter.

Now you've done it. We'll probably get nailed with a March snowstorm because of your rash actions. :)

Winter finally arrived up here in Vermont. Jay Peak got 47" from friday morning to late Saturday night I took off work friday and spent the last 3 days skiing.

My girlfriend was stuck at work yesterday, so I took her camera and recorded some video. She'll probably punch me when she watches the video.

Finally Some Snow in North East PA

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY.

A STORM SYSTEM APPROACHING FROM THE MIDWEST...WILL SPREAD

PRECIPITATION ACROSS THE AREA WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY. AT THIS

TIME...IT APPEARS THAT IT WILL START OFF AS A BURST OF

ACCUMULATING SNOW WEDNESDAY MORNING...AND TRANSITION TO A WINTRY

MIX WHICH COULD INCLUDE SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN. THOUGH

UNCERTAINTY EXISTS FOR PRECIPITATION TYPES AND AMOUNTS...CONFIDENCE

IS INCREASING THAT THIS SYSTEM WILL IMPACT TRAVEL. IF YOU HAVE

TRAVEL PLANS DURING THIS TIME PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE

FORECAST UPDATES.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION MAY BE NEEDED ON WEDNESDAY

Archived