Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I wish I could find a guy like you" line...

Do you actually believe that Shanny, Allen, and Snyder Would Ever Agree to Tank the Season?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actually believe that Shanny, Allen, and Snyder Would Ever Agree to Tank the Season?

• Yes: I can see them getting on board with operation: Dive Take
    • No. They would not tank the season.

I've asked three women since you posted this thread. Two said "it's likely that she's hitting on you" and one said "she is telling you she is not at all interested in you".

So... yeah.

If you are in a relationship and she says that the, yea, she might be hitting on you. But if you're single and she says that then she's not hitting on you.

It means: "I wish I could find a guy like you... that I was attracted to"

The proper response to that if you want to get with her is "guys like me don't go for women like you" and then change the subject. Not saying it will make her like you but it might and at the very least it will insult her as badly as she just insulted you. Refuse to answer follow up questions and change the subject afterwards. :ols:

This is the right answer to the question, but the wrong response afterwards. It means she thinks you are great but is not attracted to you. Your goal is no longer :hump:ing her. Your goal now is to get her to help you :hump: all of her friends.

This guy gets it!

Sure does.

You're in the friend zone. If she is going to say that to you, come back with a "so we are just really good friends right? Can I ask you something personal about sex?" and then embellish the hell out of it, in a way she will go nuts for and ask her if you're not being selfish enough in the bedroom. :ols:

This is incorrect. If a woman wants a guy like you, she'll be with a guy like you.

Attraction is an emotion, not a physical state. The more men realize this the better they will be. It's not what you look like. It's how you act.

Sooo douchebagery is attractive to women? No wonder I was doing it wrong all these years.

This is the right answer to the question, but the wrong response afterwards. It means she thinks you are great but is not attracted to you. Your goal is no longer :hump:ing her. Your goal now is to get her to help you :hump: all of her friends.

Sorry to quote myself, but upon further review, another good option would be to start indicating your attraction to either A) a friend of hers or B) (and even better) an enemy of hers, or like a frenemy.

My guess (and only a guess) is that it is quite clear to her that you are available to her whenever she decides. This is not where you want to be. Once that is no longer true and it is clear she has competition, well, she might try to win that competition. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. This is the way out of the dreaded Friend Zone.

I've asked three women since you posted this thread. Two said "it's likely that she's hitting on you" and one said "she is telling you she is not at all interested in you".

So... yeah.

I'd say it has to do with context. I've had that line dropped on me quickly and it usually turns out she was hitting on me but wants a long-term relationship. If she's known you for a time, it is almost certainly friend zone. If it's not FZ then my guess is that she just got out of a relationship (or is looking to).

Sure does.

You're in the friend zone. If she is going to say that to you, come back with a "so we are just really good friends right? Can I ask you something personal about sex?" and then embellish the hell out of it, in a way she will go nuts for and ask her if you're not being selfish enough in the bedroom. :ols:

This right here is very sound advice. Boyz, take notes.

What it means is your best shot is to go out with a group of friends, get rip-roaring drunk, and manage to be the last two that are still awake when you get back to the dorms.

Sorry, channeling college for a second.

Taking a page from PB and quoting myself...after following the above advice, you need to also beat her to the punch the next morning. When you both wake up in bed hungover the next morning, YOU be the one to scream "Oh God, what have I done?!?!" and run around the room picking up your clothes and sobbing, then run out the door half naked. This takes away her power to do that to you, also lets her know that she didn't make a mistake, that she was the mistake, and in some odd way, will probably make her want to **** you again.

Taking a page from PB and quoting myself...after following the above advice, you need to also beat her to the punch the next morning. When you both wake up in bed hungover the next morning, YOU be the one to scream "Oh God, what have I done?!?!" and run around the room picking up your clothes and sobbing, then run out the door half naked. This takes away her power to do that to you, also lets her know that she didn't make a mistake, that she was the mistake, and in some odd way, will probably make her want to **** you again.

There is nothing odd about it at all. Of course it will make her want you. It may make her obsess over you. It's called challenge and it is the secret all these men are looking for.

Challenge Confidence and Control (not control over her, but the situation and your own confidence and ability to create challenge).

That is the secret men and boys.

The answer depends 100% on you. If...

A. You're not available (married, serious relationship) and not a loser (too fat, dorky, generally unattractive to women), it probably means she really would get with you, and you might have a chance for some side action if you're so inclined.

B. You're not available and sort of a loser, you're in friend teritory.

C. You're available and not a loser...small chance of this, but you might have a chance.

D. You're available and a loser...time to look somewhere else, she's blowing smoke up your rear-end.

The moral to the story is to know yourself first, and that'll lead you in the right direction.

The answer depends 100% on you. If...

A. You're not available (married, serious relationship) and not a loser (too fat, dorky, generally unattractive to women), it probably means she really would get with you, and you might have a chance for some side action if you're so inclined.

B. You're not available and sort of a loser, you're in friend teritory.

C. You're available and not a loser...small chance of this, but you might have a chance.

D. You're available and a loser...time to look somewhere else, she's blowing smoke up your rear-end.

The moral to the story is to know yourself first, and that'll lead you in the right direction.

you forgot one:

E. You're available and not a loser--but she is NOT available and her bf is a loser lol...that usually means that for the moment, she is looking at you through rose-colored glasses and you could probably make a move right then and there and she'd be 99% willing to take you up on the offer. But if you wait another 2 hours she'll be over it :ols:...

There is nothing odd about it at all. Of course it will make her want you. It may make her obsess over you. It's called challenge and it is the secret all these men are looking for.

Challenge Confidence and Control (not control over her, but the situation and your own confidence and ability to create challenge).

That is the secret men and boys.

Agreed. Guys seem to have this belief that women only go for the best-looking guys. Unfortunately most guys don't get that if you are more confident, in control, and a challenge to her (not needy) you are attractive and your looks don't really factor into it. We have all seen the ugly guy with the hot babe; it's not a fluke he got her. Now if your face looks like it caught fire and was put out with a wet chain... Maybe being a real man still won't work.

Archived