Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I wish I could find a guy like you" line...

Do you actually believe that Shanny, Allen, and Snyder Would Ever Agree to Tank the Season?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actually believe that Shanny, Allen, and Snyder Would Ever Agree to Tank the Season?

• Yes: I can see them getting on board with operation: Dive Take
    • No. They would not tank the season.

What do you think it means usually when a woman says that to you?...

A) She's trying to tell the guy that she's attracted to him and wants him to ask her out

B) She really means "I wish all the much better looking ******** guys I will always choose over you had your personality"

C) She's just trying to make some male friend that she's not attracted to in any way feel better about the fact that he's not very attractive

D) She only says that when she's depressed about her current relationship...that's not how she normally feels

E) Something else (you fill in the last option lol)

It means: "I wish I could find a guy like you... that I was attracted to"

The proper response to that if you want to get with her is "guys like me don't go for women like you" and then change the subject. Not saying it will make her like you but it might and at the very least it will insult her as badly as she just insulted you. Refuse to answer follow up questions and change the subject afterwards. :ols:

It means: "I wish I could find a guy like you... that I was attracted to"

The proper response to that if you want to get with her is "guys like me don't go for women like you" and then change the subject. Not saying it will make her like you but it might and at the very least it will insult her as badly as she just insulted you. Refuse to answer follow up questions and change the subject afterwards. :ols:

Oh, hell, yes lol :ols: :thumbsup:...In the past I would just bust out laughing and say "You don't want a guy like me...or else you'd be with ME!"...no female has ever had even a remotely good response to that lol...your response is far better, though :yes:

What do you think it means usually when a woman says that to you?...

E) Something else (you fill in the last option lol)

E) If you were better looking, didn't live with your parents, and had a better job I would date you because you have a great personality. :)

B) She really means "I wish all the much better looking ******** guys I will always choose over you had your personality"

or

C) She's just trying to make some male friend that she's not attracted to in any way feel better about the fact that he's not very attractive.

Either way it means that you'll be sleeping with sock tonight.

:ols:

I just realized that I hit reply with quote instead of edit. :doh:

It means she's just not that into you. C'mon guys. Would you say that to a girl you wanted to get with? No. You would get with her.

Well, two thoughts about that:

1) When a woman says that without provocation, it's usually not because she's not that into you.

2) Of the women who have said this line to me, only one did I think she was indeed into me...blonde female named Inga that I worked with a long time ago. She started off with the "I wish I could find someone like you" line early on, then proceeded to back up those words in some rather nice ways lol :D...couldn't take full advantage of it, though, as I was already in a relationship.

D

Basically, she wants a guy with your sensibilities and demeanor, but hotter. Which always struck me as very vain. Great looking guys aren't nice to women, because they don't have to be. Those of us who were merely average without some other compensator (like a uniform, or money) had to learn to be nice/good to women.

Guys are so dumb. Women are not that complicated. Men make women complicated by not getting the hint.

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 03:27 PM ----------

D

Basically, she wants a guy with your sensibilities and demeanor, but hotter. Which always struck me as very vain. Great looking guys aren't nice to women, because they don't have to be. Those of us who were merely average without some other compensator (like a uniform, or money) had to learn to be nice/good to women.

This is incorrect. If a woman wants a guy like you, she'll be with a guy like you.

Attraction is an emotion, not a physical state. The more men realize this the better they will be. It's not what you look like. It's how you act.

Guys are so dumb. Women are not that complicated. Men make women complicated by not getting the hint.

Again, though, what's the "hint" to get when a woman says this to you out of the blue...that she suddenly had an irresistible urge to let you know she's not interested in you? lol :ols:

My first thought was usually "Why are you telling me this?"

Again, though, what's the "hint" to get when a woman says this to you out of the blue...that she suddenly had an irresistible urge to let you know she's not interested in you? lol :ols:

Let me drop the knowledge.

Obviously you've left out the situation. Why? Because you know you're in friend zone. Men who rely on Cosmo and other stupid magazines are destined to fail from the start.

Have you ever sat there and wondered why the hell that woman always dates these losers who don't respect her and she ends up at the bar with you having heart to hearts on why she wishes more men were like you yet here the two of you are and nothing is going on?

Answer:

You present no challenge. You wear your heart on a string. You are not confident and probably do not separate yourself from the million other men out there. You are her friend. She is not attracted to YOU. She likes you. She thinks you are a great person, but you are never getting in those pants.

I've asked three women since you posted this thread. Two said "it's likely that she's hitting on you" and one said "she is telling you she is not at all interested in you".

So... yeah.

Let me drop the knowledge.

Obviously you've left out the situation. Why? Because you know you're in friend zone. Men who rely on Cosmo and other stupid magazines are destined to fail from the start.

Have you ever sat there and wondered why the hell that woman always dates these losers who don't respect her and she ends up at the bar with you having heart to hearts on why she wishes more men were like you yet here the two of you are and nothing is going on?

Answer:

You present no challenge. You wear your heart on a string. You are not confident and probably do not separate yourself from the million other men out there. You are her friend. She is not attracted to YOU. She likes you. She thinks you are a great person, but you are never getting in those pants.

Okaaay lol...doesn't really address what I asked/said, though.

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 12:37 PM ----------

I've asked three women since you posted this thread. Two said "it's likely that she's hitting on you" and one said "she is telling you she is not at all interested in you".

So... yeah.

:ols: :ols:

So... yeah.

Exactly, what is the situation? She's either trying to flirt or confident in your "friendship".

Archived