Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I wish I could find a guy like you" line...

Do you actually believe that Shanny, Allen, and Snyder Would Ever Agree to Tank the Season?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actually believe that Shanny, Allen, and Snyder Would Ever Agree to Tank the Season?

• Yes: I can see them getting on board with operation: Dive Take
    • No. They would not tank the season.

Its a stupid line. Its a lose lose situation for both. The guy goes, "um ok" and the girl is now talking to a guy wondering what the heck is going on. See no one wins.

As someone else said earlier, I think the context in which it's said probably determines what she means when she says it.

If the guy hears it while he's moping around acting depressed that he can't find a girlfriend, then she's just trying to cheer him up.

If the guy hears it while SHE'S moping around because her toehead of a boyfriend yet again was a dick to her, then she's meaning it as a sincere compliment and genuinely thinks you're a good catch...but it doesn't necessarily mean she'd find you just as attractive if she were single again lol...

If the guy hears it kind of out-of-the-blue while in one of the many convos he has with the woman, then she might be dropping a hint.

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 02:29 PM ----------

I hate to burst your bubble, but money is rarely the reason a guy can't get a girl.

No, but if he DOES have money (lots of it) it will trump those reasons 9 times out of 10 :ols:...any man stuck in the "Friend Zone" suddenly wins $50 million in the lottery, he's getting promoted right the **** out of the Friend Zone instantly.

So to recap, boys, if you want to play the game, here is the cheat sheet. Try it and then report back. You can thank me by giving me your Redskins tickets.

The secret:

Challenge

Control

Confidence

Be Funny and ****y.

That might work for the immediate attraction, but it fails horribly for long-term attraction. The easiest women to steal away from their guys are the ones who are with guys who think they need to keep being ****y and challenging in the relationship. Confidence, however, is an eternal aphrodisiac to women...followed closely by romantic and funny.

If you're not in a relationship why don't you just ask her what she means by that and force her to be more specific. Say something like "Well, I'm right here, what's the problem then?" She'll probably get flustered and feel like an idiot, but she should give you an answer. Which will probably come to something like "you're like the brother I never had." Then go from there. If you don't understand what a girl is saying, just ask her, even if you're not sure you want to know the answer, cause if she is screwing with you she'll have to come out and say it.

If you are in a relationship, she probably does wish she could be with you/actually find a guy like you.

For the record, this has nothing to do with me personally lol...I've heard it numerous times, yes, but I learned long ago to not take it very seriously. There's only been one time where a woman said that to me and then proceeded to do things that showed she really meant it for months afterwards, but I was in a relationship so I did nothing but enjoy the ego stroking lol :D...

Isn't this a line used when the guy is already taken?

Not always...

Let me drop the knowledge.

Answer:

You present no challenge. You wear your heart on a string. You are not confident and probably do not separate yourself from the million other men out there. You are her friend. She is not attracted to YOU. She likes you. She thinks you are a great person, but you are never getting in those pants.

So what you are saying is

"You're a nice guy, so I'm going with the mean guy who beats me and /or makes me feel like crap because I love him and I can change him into the nice guy you already are and where's the challenge/fun in that?" "You're too nice, and that sickens me sometimes."

Yea, I get it. I'm just glad that I found my wife, who appreciates me the way I am, loves me with all my faults and foibles, and does not think I'm "too nice."

Challenges are where you find them, and are what you make of them. If you've ever dismissed the guy who was "too nice", or who wore his emotions like a sweater, you missed the boat, got left at the station, and the taxi left with your luggage in the trunk and you on the sidewalk.

It doesn't matter if you are happily married now or not. you still lost.

Late night text from an ex I received.... "I can't wait to see who you end up .... You're gonna make someone sooo happy!"

Awesome.

NIce knife to the gut. Someone so happy-just not me

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 11:14 AM ----------

As someone else said earlier, I think the context in which it's said probably determines what she means when she says it.

If the guy hears it while he's moping around acting depressed that he can't find a girlfriend, then she's just trying to cheer him up.

If the guy hears it while SHE'S moping around because her toehead of a boyfriend yet again was a dick to her, then she's meaning it as a sincere compliment and genuinely thinks you're a good catch...but it doesn't necessarily mean she'd find you just as attractive if she were single again lol...

If the guy hears it kind of out-of-the-blue while in one of the many convos he has with the woman, then she might be dropping a hint.

What if she says it while you're in bed?:cool:

I have not read this whole thread. Bits and pieces here and there though.

Is this a single woman talking to a guy in a relationship or no ?

Single means she is interested, in guy in a relationship means "do you have friends like you".

If both are in a relationship the guy needs to step away if he values his current relationship.

Late night text from an ex I received.... "I can't wait to see who you end up .... You're gonna make someone sooo happy!"

Awesome.

I have a hard time being mean to someone that even thinks they're being nice, even if they're being a wretched wench.

But, it would have been classic for you to respond with something like: "Yes, me too. Being with someone else is going to make me sooo happy as well! And I can't wait to see who you end up with and how many times he goes to jail for domestic violence! Good luck to you, I hope you find him!!!"

NIce knife to the gut. Someone so happy-just not me
I have a hard time being mean to someone that even thinks they're being nice, even if they're being a wretched wench.

But, it would have been classic for you to respond with something like: "Yes, me too. Being with someone else is going to make me sooo happy as well! And I can't wait to see who you end up with and how many times he goes to jail for domestic violence! Good luck to you, I hope you find him!!!"

Yeah so do I...but since I'm always nice or "sweet" ... I don't mind being a dick every now and then. I responded with "Ok! thanks...you too!" She's sweet and she did mean it as a compliment. I explained to her that it wasn't a compliment coming from an ex and that it wasn't the first time i heard that. I did make her feel bad....Told her I know she didn't mean it like that

Yeah I'm a soft ass *****.... good times

What if she says it while you're in bed?:cool:

Bwahahaha :ols:

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 10:50 AM ----------

I have not read this whole thread. Bits and pieces here and there though.

Is this a single woman talking to a guy in a relationship or no ?

Single means she is interested, in guy in a relationship means "do you have friends like you".

If both are in a relationship the guy needs to step away if he values his current relationship.

I didn't really specify, so we've been covering all possibilities.

However, if a married woman goes up to a man and says "I wish I could find a guy like you", that usually means she wants to **** lol :yes:...

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 11:01 AM ----------

Awesome.

You never want to hear your ex tell you something like that lol...I never want any of my exes to feel good about me being with someone else, at least to my face :ols:

And this is actually a "When your ex says" thread topic...because a lot of the time when your ex says something that makes it sound as if they are gleeful that another woman will be in your life, in reality they aren't all that happy about the prospect and are either saying it to mask their own feelings or are fishing for information.

That might work for the immediate attraction, but it fails horribly for long-term attraction. The easiest women to steal away from their guys are the ones who are with guys who think they need to keep being ****y and challenging in the relationship. Confidence, however, is an eternal aphrodisiac to women...followed closely by romantic and funny.

That's horrible advice and I hope no one in this thread took it. You can't change. If you land her for being ****y and funny you MUST remain ****y and funny.

Confidence in your self is the key. It can't be a fake confidence.

Archived