Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So seriously are we always going to suck?

RichmondRedskin88

Once we get a QB and stop trying to insert journeymen QB into the position, we'll be better. Fans have to be willing to pull the trigger though.

Are you kidding? How many dropped passes did you see today? I counted 6. Why do you think with our O line deficits, receiver deficits and those existing on our D that somehow we will magically turn things around or be better with a franchise QB? This is a team sport and there is failure at multiple positions that need to be addressed before we are better.

You guys who claim to have no hope are just deluding yourselves. If you didn't have hope, you wouldn't be posting right now.

Otherwise, why even bother right? Seriously, why are you posting on this message board? Don't you have something better you could be doing than posting on the message board of a team that will NEVER be good again? It's 8:30 at night on a Sunday. Why not watch a "real" team like the Saints. They are getting ready to play.

Redskins have scored the 3rd least amount of points in the NFC (only Seattle/Rams are worse), yet they've given up the 2nd least amount of points behind San Fran.

The problem is the offense and will always be the problem. For a decade now, theyve yet to field a competent offensive side of the ball and struggle so hard to score. Skins need a franchise QB, I see no future without one. Too many people on here want to assemble the perfect squad and then get a QB and thats the wrong mentality. Nfl teams all have weaknesses, but good QBs masks these weaknesses and elevate those around them to a higher level.

Beck is not the answer and the rest of the season is gonna be a painful one to endure as we continue to show that our offense is mild as they come

You guys who claim to have no hope are just deluding yourselves. If you didn't have hope, you wouldn't be posting right now.

Otherwise, why even bother right? Seriously, why are you posting on this message board? Don't you have something better you could be doing than posting on the message board of a team that will NEVER be good again? It's 8:30 at night on a Sunday. Why not watch a "real" team like the Saints. They are getting ready to play.

You Right! I enjoy being a Skins fan win or lose. I love that we have a rich history and celebrate it all the time by bringing back our alumni players. This group now is all banged up and sometimes that is just bad luck. Hopefully we can get healthy soon or have the young guys and back ups step up and prove their worth. That's how it goes and we roll with it.

I was thinking today looking at Beck's #s that it really wouldn't matter if we signed Brady or healthy-Manning tomorrow; Football is a TEAM sport, I don't care how good one player is; he is not winning **** w/out the rest of his team playing well. A couple weeks ago we were looking better than now, perhaps when we get a few guys back we will look good again. But counting on a qb draft or just the O-line to get better or whatever is not how teams become winners. They all have to get better together.

(edit) and in no way am I saying that Beck's #s today compare with Brady or healthy-Manning....just that he wasn't terrible today, he really couldn't have helped that fumble (there was no blocking there) and the pick was evidently miscommunication with a rookie WR is obviously way to green to be out there just yet; Beck is not the reason we lost today.

People are assuming a shiny, new franchise, QB is magically gonna solve our problems on offense. You are delusional. Who is he gonna throw to? Who is he gonna hand off to? Who is gonna protect him? We need playmakers on offense, people who can be the GO-TO in the clutch, hit the home run. Fill your offense with talent, THEN get the franchise QB. .

Look at the Rams, got their franchise QB, and absolutely NO weapons on offense. 0-6

I don't invest anything in them anymore. I don't buy tickets, don't buy merchandise. Hell, I don't even watch them anymore and I'm always glad I didn't. I just check on here to see what the highlights (or lowlights more often than not) were.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 08:36 PM ----------

I don't invest anything in them anymore. I don't buy tickets, don't buy merchandise. Hell, I don't even watch them anymore and I'm always glad I didn't. I just check on here to see what the highlights (or lowlights more often than not) were.

Oh yeah, I also don't get upset or excited anymore. I just observe, and that really sucks. But what am I going to do? Keep letting them ruin my Sundays? Hell no.

This is being serious. Every year we all spend time and or money to watch the Skins on TV, in the stadium, Sunday ticket, etc. Every year we're promised we'll be better. Every year we start to believe somethings are getting better and than it falls apart. People thought our defense was finally coming together and then boom crash. Our offense was looking decent the first few games and then boom crash. Our special teams was looking nice last year with Banks and now nothing. Its like we never get any better. It feels like even though things are changing we continue to stay the same. Maybe its just 20+ years of failure. Are we just fooling ourselves into thinking we're getting better?

bro. you're catching me at a vulnerable point right now. So i may say something very ignorant. But let me say this, I actually feel what you are saying..... I really do. :doh:

We don't suck. We are mediocre. We win just enough to not get a MegaTron or a QB that makes you say Whoa. and by the way there is a potential megatron coming out this year too.

I said before the season that I would be really happy if sucked enough to LUCK into a franchise QB.

How hard is it to see that we are REBUILDING??? WE have no depth our skill position players really do not have that much skill.

People are behaving as though they are insulted that we lost to the Panthers because they had a 1-5 record as if we would have defeated the teams they had played. We barely beat an injury depleted Giants. We barely beat an injury depleted Rams team with no run defense and squeegee men impersonating Wide Receivers.

I'm not saying we are going to lose out, but the schedule does have me projecting us picking from 5th to 9th unless miami and denver win 5 games

Tebow probably has Elway PO'ed at him for winning today after he traded away offensive weapons last week.

Question is, when will it ever get better?

It does feel like it, doesn't it? I faithfully watch the Skins all the time. This year I have Sunday Ticket, but in the past I'd go out, find streams on the net, read the play-by-play online, etc. I started watching in earnest in '92, when I was 9, and haven't seen much but disappointment since then. I cried when Sean Taylor returned that fumble in Philly for the game-clinching TD in '05. I actually felt that the Skins were for real at that moment. Thats the one moment in nearly 20 years when I have felt like the Skins were truly an elite team.

But aside from a few bright moments, it's been mostly awful. I liked Norv, but his teams were always mediocre. Marty never had a chance to get going, and Spurrier was total garbage. Gibbs 2 seemed like a failed experiment, and Zorn was in over his head. Now, with Shannahan, we were promised and expected experience and consistency. Midway through year 2, there are improvements but we're still far from complete. We have no QB. The defense stills gets gashed. The personnel carousel is still spinning.

The worst thing that could have happened was a 3-1 start, because with it came high expectations. For some reason, I bought into them and believed that we would be good enough to get a wild card or perhaps even win the division. It's still early enough, I guess, but this team has looked worse every week. We looked excellent against the Giants, but since then we've stumbled and regressed instead of improving.

And while I am not a coach and do not have coaching experience, I think that it is plain that Kyle Shannahan is simply not very good. I mean, not only has the offense been thoroughly mediocre under him, but he's the same guy who spoke so highly of Grossman, who turned out to be what we always knew he was. He's also the same guy who said he wanted Houston to take Beck with the 15th overall pick or whatever it was. I like Beck, and I know he's inexperienced, but there's a reason that he's 30 and hasn't started on a winning team.

The whole thing is just so utterly frustrating to me, but stupidly I will keep watching and hoping for something better. Of note, I am also a Cleveland Indians fan--boy do I have a way of picking teams!

this can't be said enough. Simply drafting a QB in the first round will not solve our problems over night. I really believe many here think it will.

I agree. The year you draft your franchise QB you will suck. But we have sucked for 20 years. Lets just get a franchise QB then build around him. The Rams are 0-6 because of their defense. Dallas just rushed fro 300 yards against them. But I would take Bradford in our offense in an instant. He has no weapons because they drafted horribly this year.

You knock out the left side of any offensive line and they're going to have problems.

we're supposed to be able to overcome anything and be supermen in the second year of a total rebuild.

Some things never change.

This site should be renamed "Little Dannys"

~Bang

Funny someone would start a thread about us sucking when any one with any little bit of Redskins fandom KNEW we would suck this year.

How is this a surprise to anyone?

Did the 3-1 start really have you believing this was our year??? We are two years from being a solid team.

Bingo.

This a 6-10 or 7-9 team. Before the season started this board seemed to have an agreement that we weren't going to make much noise. A few wins in September mean nothing lol its a marathon not a sprint.

You knock out the left side of any offensive line and they're going to have problems.

we're supposed to be able to overcome anything and be supermen in the second year of a total rebuild.

Some things never change.

This site should be renamed "Little Dannys"

~Bang

How does our offensive line being injured excuse our D collapsing today? Year after year its the same thing. Injuries didn't make us suck for the last 20 years.

Or the dropped balls and poor route running. Did you see Gaff's fumble? This team looks lost.

Yeah, the two back-to-back by Armstrong and Davis after the Panthers had gone back up by 10 was pretty deflating.

The coaching staff also needs to get their heads out of their asses. We cut the lead to 30-20 with five minutes left and we try the onside kickoff. No problem there. But then they recover. Umm, Mike, we have three timeouts......we need to use them.......IMMEDIATELY! Instead Carolina runs a play and we let close to a minute run off the clock before they run another play and then a lightbulb goes on.

Archived