Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So seriously are we always going to suck?

RichmondRedskin88

Holy **** I can't believe some of the things that I'm reading. I just joined this site but I thought users here were better than this. We lost a game today and I get the whole going down on ourselves and depressed feelings, but it was one game. Our defense does not suck. We need better corners but we did play a very athletic QB and it's hard to ask our defense to keep us in the game every single week while our offense turns it over and never puts together good drives. Jim Haslett sucks? I don't even know how to respond to that. Our defense has played well and will need a good corner and Atogwe to be healthy to get better. Defense is not our problem at all. I still believe we have a better defense than most of the powerhouse teams in this league.

For those of you saying Shanahan sucks, are you serious? I don't like Kyle very much, but we need a QUARTERBACK. Since when is this new news? If Shanny didn't like the QB's in this draft and gambled on McNabb, then why not let him wait and put together a better team meanwhile? Yes, we need playmakers on offense, but good QB's raise the level of talent around them. They automatically make the offense better so let's start there. Look at the status of the team that Shanny took over. It was full of garbage, overpaid players and rebuilding this team to the level we all want it to be at will not happen over night. It will not happen in 1 or 2 years. Give him time. Were the Patriots always amazing before Bellicheck? Where were the Colts or the Saints or the Chargers or the Jets in the 90's? It takes time. If we are not a good and I mean GOOD team in 2 seasons, then we have a problem. But after living my whole life with the Redskins being inconsistent and ****ty, I can bite the bullet and wait a couple years for this team to finally be what I have been waiting oh so very long for.

Holy **** I can't believe some of the things that I'm reading. I just joined this site but I thought users here were better than this. We lost a game today and I get the whole going down on ourselves and depressed feelings, but it was one game. Our defense does not suck. We need better corners but we did play a very athletic QB and it's hard to ask our defense to keep us in the game every single week while our offense turns it over and never puts together good drives. Jim Haslett sucks? I don't even know how to respond to that. Our defense has played well and will need a good corner and Atogwe to be healthy to get better. Defense is not our problem at all. I still believe we have a better defense than most of the powerhouse teams in this league.

For those of you saying Shanahan sucks, are you serious? I don't like Kyle very much, but we need a QUARTERBACK. Since when is this new news? If Shanny didn't like the QB's in this draft and gambled on McNabb, then why not let him wait and put together a better team meanwhile? Yes, we need playmakers on offense, but good QB's raise the level of talent around them. They automatically make the offense better so let's start there. Look at the status of the team that Shanny took over. It was full of garbage, overpaid players and rebuilding this team to the level we all want it to be at will not happen over night. It will not happen in 1 or 2 years. Give him time. Were the Patriots always amazing before Bellicheck? Where were the Colts or the Saints or the Chargers or the Jets in the 90's? It takes time. If we are not a good and I mean GOOD team in 2 seasons, then we have a problem. But after living my whole life with the Redskins being inconsistent and ****ty, I can bite the bullet and wait a couple years for this team to finally be what I have been waiting oh so very long for.

Why did Shan get ran out of Denver? What were his last couple of seasons like there?

Yeah I was upset earlier, but i'm a realist. This team is a middle of the pack team right now, but we are going to lose games.

Buc's lose to the 49ers 49-3 and come back the following week to beat the Saints.. NFL man, anything happens on Sunday

We have a TE and a kicker. Anything can happen when you have multiple weapons. We don't.

Why did Shan get ran out of Denver? What were his last couple of seasons like there?

"Shanahan finishes at 146-91 over 14 seasons in Denver, including playoffs"

Regardless of what they do in Denver, he built a winning team there. Maybe his last couple of seasons there didn't live up to par, but I'd take contending every year over what we have had here. He drafted Cutler, Bradnon Marshall, and Peyton Hillis. That's the kind of draft we need and then we are in a great situation. How does it not seem insane to you for calling for his head after this season? Did you expect us to be good? We are putting pieces together. That kind of 'win now or die' mentality is literally the thing that has brought this organization down for years. Let him build the damn team.

The lions just lost two games in a row themselves. You think theyre about to throw the towel in?......

The Lions have 3 things we don't, a game changing receiver that is one of the best in the league, a franchise quarterback, and a damn good, young hungry coach. Shanny and son aren't the solution, they are part of the problem. I said during the off season we should try and get John Harbaugh, and many on this board laugh and said he wouldn't be a good coach. Many on this board said that Shanny is the best coach we could possibly have and that Harbaugh isn't suited for the pro game. Well just like I thought, Harbaugh is a big time, young hungry coach. Shanny hasn't showed me anything, remember he has 1 playoff win in 10 seasons post Elway in a weak AFC West Division. Last week we came off a bye and put in the worst performance of the year. That is 100% on the coach, period. So the Lions are in much better shape.

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 12:42 AM ----------

:doh:

You all act as if the Redskins were going to win the division this year.

Pathetic.

They're still one or two years away at least.

Lower your expectations. They've been mediocre for HOW long now, and seemingly you expect Super Bowl every year? WHY?

For those that say Shanahan sucks, you're clueless.

Shanahan does suck. 1 playoff win in 10 years post Elway says he is a mediocre coach or silghtly above average at best. I didn't think we would win the super bowl, however I thought we would be better than what we are. This year we come off our bye week and put in the worst performance of the year. Last year the same thing happen. We are getting worse as the season goes on. Get off the 2 time super bowl winning coach line, he had Elway for those superbowls.

Things always look bleak after a loss. I see Shanny sticking it out at for at least the length of his contract. I didn't think we were going to contend at all this year, and I saw us in the bottom half of the league. The win over the Giants got us all excited as it should, and the comeback over the cards (who we see stink now) got us really excited. The truth is though this team does have the players to put it together consistently on a week to week basis. We are going to have a good weeks and our bad weeks. Give us another couple good off seasons though and we could get into the thick of things. We are building while trying to win which is how a rebuilding is done. This team had nothing when he got except for some washed up vets, cleaning house here is a little more difficult then it is in other places.
Thanks for ruining this thread by being sensible about things. My problem is that your statement could have be made any time over the last decade at least.

It is disappointing to see a seemingly promising team go into a steady decline. From 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, and now 3-3. With the Buffalo Bills coming up, as a fan I keep my optimism and hope that this team can play the way their capable of playing. Now I'm starting to view watching the Redskins as wasted time that I could be using to do more useful things on Sundays. But because I'm such a die hard fan I just can't abandon them for whatever reason.

Always going to suck - no.

Suck for a good long while - yes. Suck right now - yes. Suck until they get a qb and an oline - yes. Suck until they can stop the run - yes. Suck until they improve the secondary - yes. Suck until they have paid the full price for Snyder's initial ineptness - yes.

I think we are heading in the right direction. The injuries on the OL crushed us yesterday. Our new OL will improve next week. Our defense is getting better. If you look at the season stats, we are winning almost every category against our opponents. We just need to finish drives. Right now John Beck is leading this team in rushing touchdowns. This should not be the case. There is still time to right the ship.

The Packers were 3-3 at this time last year. The season is not over yet.

I think about that a lot. The Skins have never had any real success in my life.

I think we're on the right path, but it's going to be a long road.

I think we may be on the right path IF we draft wisely. Think about it. We defintely need a franchise QB but you draft the wrong guy and you set yourself back 5 years. I feel better about our drafting now that Cerrato is gone, but still. Always a crap shoot. Not to mention the additional depth we need on the O line and the secondary. Fletcher is getting older.

Scratch what I just said. Seems like we are always on the right path but somewhere we take the left fork in the road when we should have taken the right.

As long as the Little Napoleon runs this franchise, we will continue to suck.

"But he's stopped meddling," you will say. "He's learned from his mistakes."

Well, he hired Shanahan in the first place, didn't he? That's looking like a mistake so far, especially when you consider that hiring Shanahan was a package deal because of his son Kyle. Nepotism is a wonderful thing when you're untalented.

Well, he hired Shanahan in the first place, didn't he? That's looking like a mistake so far, especially when you consider that hiring Shanahan was a package deal because of his son Kyle. Nepotism is a wonderful thing when you're untalented.

Bruce Allen hired Shananhan. Bruce Allen hired Kyle Shanahan. People make a too much of a big deal out of Kyle's playcalling, when things are not going well it's always blame the play caller. Guys have to catch, block, and make moves and so far they are not executing everything the way they should. No one thought we were going to be good this year, why are so dissapointed? This was a team with nothing, and we can't fix it all in one offseason, get over it. This team is much better then it was just 2 years ago.

It depends. I think that Shanny has changed the lazy culture that the "stars" like Portis and Fat AL had ect. But he still has his son who I think is not the right man for the job as the OC. I dont think Shanny has a clue what to do with the QB situation but I am sure he will figure that out and fix it over the next 2 yrs. The thing we have no idea about is is Danny will be able to stay away and not try and meddle with this process for the next 4 yrs. If Danny can leave it alone for the next say 5 or so yrs and beyond then we may heal and use the draft to repair some of the damage that him and vinny have done. At this point I think Danny may be old enough and seen how bad it got to poss. realize he is best off in the owners box and not the clubhouse. Time will tell. Our O line still is weak as hell and we have no QB. What sucks is watching teams like GB go from crap to world class over the last 6 yrs and watching teams like ATL recover from the Vick disaster and watching teams like SF get it together etc. I have the worse luck, I am a skins fan from DC from birth till 7 yrs ago then move to Miami where you cant even cheer for the "home team" cause there so bad. LOL

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 11:17 AM ----------

I hear ya but who else would you have wanted them to hire? Its not like there was a huge crop of top level coaches out there to pick from. We prob shot ourselves in the foot when they didnt promote Williams to HC

Not actually expecting to win the SB this year, I'm not too worried actually. I'm seeing a large culture shift around the team; and us coming out prepared to play football week after week. We are re-building & injury depleted right now. What I expect is the team to continue to build on this and continually get better and build depth.

Someone mentioned San Francisco finally emerging...that has taken a while, along with slow fits & starts. It's not gonna happen overnight, but for whatever reason it does seem to me that we are making progress.

This is being serious. Every year we all spend time and or money to watch the Skins on TV, in the stadium, Sunday ticket, etc. Every year we're promised we'll be better. Every year we start to believe somethings are getting better and than it falls apart. People thought our defense was finally coming together and then boom crash. Our offense was looking decent the first few games and then boom crash. Our special teams was looking nice last year with Banks and now nothing. Its like we never get any better. It feels like even though things are changing we continue to stay the same. Maybe its just 20+ years of failure. Are we just fooling ourselves into thinking we're getting better?

For the first time in my life, I wonder the exact same thing. Two decades is just too much. I watch teams like NO last night, with Brees at QB, and wonder where we went wrong. Why can't we put 2 + 2 together and get 4? I think I'm done with Sunday Ticket for awhile. I no longer enjoy watching the games, it's kinda sad. There is just way more frustration than joy while watching.

For the first time in my life, I wonder the exact same thing. Two decades is just too much. I watch teams like NO last night, with Brees at QB, and wonder where we went wrong. Why can't we put 2 + 2 together and get 4? I think I'm done with Sunday Ticket for awhile. I no longer enjoy watching the games, it's kinda sad. There is just way more frustration than joy while watching.

Shouldn't it be the opposite? I wish I still had Sunday Ticket so I can watch EVERY OTHER GAME OTHER THAN THE SKINS.

Oh and Drew Brees looked like Thor as laid the hammer down on the wimpy pathetic Colts. It was a sight to see.

I wasn't on board with the Shanahan hiring in 2010. I wanted to build this team with a young and hungry coordinator; no retreads.

Simple answer...no. I believe we will never be any good as long as I live. Im only 26 too. We were told this team is different and special. Well what have we seen since week one? This team is getting worse every week not better.

Who told you this team was different and special? I don't remember hearing that from Redskins Park or anybody else. I mean, of course players are going to feel every year that they can take it all the way - I would be disappointed hearing anything different. However, realistically, you have to realize why this franchise has been perennial losers season in and season out. No continuity within the franchise. You are not a winner if you change head coaches every two to three years. It just won't work. Dan Snyder has hired a pretty good GM in Bruce Allen, and in turn has hired a proven winner in Mike Shanahan. That is the first and second step. Now, the next step is the toughest, because it won't happen overnight or within a season or two - and that's rebuilding the franchise from top to bottom. We are still young into that process, but seeing the drafts the 'skins have had, they're doing it the right way. It may take Shanahan the entire length (in seasons) of his contract to put the Redskins back into that elite status that were at in the 80's, but if that's what it takes, we as fans should be patient and allow the process to happen.

Besides, the Redskins are setting at 3-3 after week 7. Before the season started, the majority of fans had us pegged to go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. Which means, we're pretty much on track to accomplish that. There are still some major holes that need plugging - not to mention the injuries that are mounting up on this team. I'm ten years old than you and probably feel it's worse on us older people because we have experienced the glory years and we realized how it feels to have a consistent winner and how frustrating it feels to have the opposite of that for the last twenty years - but all I can tell you is patience.

Whether your team is 16-0 or 0-16, if you are a true fan you stand by your B&G each week. You'll see more negatives than positives, but you will still watch for that hope that your team can develop into something stronger.

Or, just don't watch and then when they get good you can tell your friends you didn't watch the bad times but jumped on the bandwagon for the good times.

I am happy to say I have watched every single game I have been able to, whether it through the Petitbone or Spurrier, and when the good times come I will be happy to say I was there all along.

Archived