Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So seriously are we always going to suck?

RichmondRedskin88

This is being serious. Every year we all spend time and or money to watch the Skins on TV, in the stadium, Sunday ticket, etc. Every year we're promised we'll be better. Every year we start to believe somethings are getting better and than it falls apart. People thought our defense was finally coming together and then boom crash. Our offense was looking decent the first few games and then boom crash. Our special teams was looking nice last year with Banks and now nothing. Its like we never get any better. It feels like even though things are changing we continue to stay the same. Maybe its just 20+ years of failure. Are we just fooling ourselves into thinking we're getting better?

Simple answer...no. I believe we will never be any good as long as I live. Im only 26 too. We were told this team is different and special. Well what have we seen since week one? This team is getting worse every week not better.

Why didn't Mike get the offense going in yea two. We can still suck and score points. Look at Carolina? We look dead on offense. Wasn't this guy an offensive guru? He could have addressed skill positions in year 1 and 2 and drafted his QB in year 3. Instead we just look bad all the way around.

I fully believe after watching the Dallas game that this franchise is cursed. Not one bad shotgun snap was recovered by us? NOT ONE.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 11:13 PM ----------

Let them go back to good ol' RFK and play.

Until we get a quality coach who will hire the best personnel instead of family and personal friends, the answer is yes...

I think Mike is the right guy but Kyle and Jim need to go.

I fully believe after watching the Dallas game that this franchise is cursed. Not one bad shotgun snap was recovered by us? NOT ONE.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 11:13 PM ----------

I think Mike is the right guy but Kyle and Jim need to go.

Mike is directly linked to both. How can his judgment not be questioned when he is responsible for both being here in the respective positions they're in? Its not like Dan picked Kyle and Jim. This **** is a real mess. We really may not win another game because we can't score.

Why didn't Mike get the offense going in yea two. We can still suck and score points. Look at Carolina? We look dead on offense. Wasn't this guy an offensive guru? He could have addressed skill positions in year 1 and 2 and drafted his QB in year 3. Instead we just look bad all the way around.

I dont agree with that. It was hard for him to come in on the verge of the lockout with the lack of FA talent and draft picks and do that. I like what we did this year with the draft and FA. But why hasn't this team progresses? They are getting worse every week. What pisses me off even more is reading the players on twitter saying it was a tough loss but we will learn and get better. Ive been hearing that for 20 years I want to BE better. There are no signs of it.

For someone who has never seen the glory days of this franchise, it makes me start to wonder :( Just once I'd like to know what it feels like to have a great QB, offense, defense, and special teams in the same season. Until then I guess I'll just suffer watching other teams achieve what I want to see for this team

For someone who has never seen the glory days of this franchise, it makes me start to wonder :( Just once I'd like to know what it feels like to have a great QB, offense, defense, and special teams in the same season. Until then I guess I'll just suffer watching other teams achieve what I want to see for this team

A Couple of my friends became Ravens fans after the Zorn years. They couldn't deal with the **** anymore. They rub it in my face everyday.

Mike is directly linked to both. How can his judgment not be questioned when he is responsible for both being here in the respective positions they're in? Its not like Dan picked Kyle and Jim. This **** is a real mess. We really may not win another game because we can't score.

I know I agree with that Im just saying I dont think Mike himself is wrong for the job. I would love to have Mike and another OC and DC. I dont want that tho because then there is another excuse for sucking next season. Next year it would be we need more then one year in a new offense/defense to be good.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 11:19 PM ----------

A Couple of my friends became Ravens fans after the Zorn years. They couldn't deal with the **** anymore. They rub it in my face everyday.

They might have another joining their club soon. This is the first time in my life of watching football, have I just not cared anymore. I really dont. Until I see them making progress I dont care.

I get frustrated watching other teams run a competent professional offense. It feels like an enigma whenever we score a touchdown, they are so rare. Also teams routinely score in the 30's while we might get close maybe once or twice a year.

I just think we are just in a slum, but recently the team hasn't gotten any better, we keep cycling through crappy veteran players instead of truly getting younger. The problem is we put to much emphasis on individual positions instead of collectively looking at the team needs and developing younger players. Prime example would be WR's.....did we really need to go out the last two year and sign some those free agents? I mean with the acquisition of Niles and Hankerson, and the development of Fred Davis, I truly feel we could have used the extra room in salary cap and acquire a fantastic QB, that is just my opinion though.

I know I agree with that Im just saying I dont think Mike himself is wrong for the job. I would love to have Mike and another OC and DC. I dont want that tho because then there is another excuse for sucking next season. Next year it would be we need more then one year in a new offense/defense to be good.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 11:19 PM ----------

They might have another joining their club soon. This is the first time in my life of watching football, have I just not cared anymore. I really dont. Until I see them making progress I dont care.

Baltimore is the real deal. I'm from Washington though. I come from life long Redskin fans. I can't act like a dumb ass though. I do see it. Baltimore is a kick ass take names football team.

Ive been fighting an ongoing battle. My father is a die hard Cowboys fan. Obviously im a Redskins fanatic. I have a son whom ive been trying to keep from joining the darkside regardless of the outside influence he gets from his grandpa and others. Well here recently ive been able to get him more into the skins and he even said they are his favorite team.

He comes out around mid 1st quarter to watch the game. By mid 2nd, he looks at me and asks, "so do we really suck again? Are we the deadskins?"

I said yeah we suck but were on the right track. I could tell he didnt believe me. Im not sure if i believed it either.

So as i watched the game i was wondering to myself, why would i want my son to have to deal with the same crap ive dealt with for a very long time? And will no longer try to influence him in any direction in the NFL. Just as long as he doesent join the Eagles fans. I might have to disown him then lol.

So yes we suck. We will continue to suck for the foreseeable future.We will show sparks and flashes of greatness just enough to give us hope. Then,like a campfire in the rain,we are left wet and cold and realizing we are the same team that weve been for a long time.

I just think we are just in a slum, but recently the team hasn't gotten any better, we keep cycling through crappy veteran players instead of truly getting younger. The problem is we put to much emphasis on individual positions instead of collectively looking at the team needs and developing younger players. Prime example would be WR's.....did we really need to go out the last two year and sign some those free agents? I mean with the acquisition of Niles and Hankerson, and the development of Fred Davis, I truly feel we could have used the extra room in salary cap and acquire a fantastic QB, that is just my opinion though.

Exactly how I feel about resigning Moss. I would rather trot Paul and Hankerson out there week after week and get them playing time and experience. What does it benefit our future by having Moss, Gaffney and AAA out there? I would literally trade all 3 for whatever we can get.

Archived