Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So seriously are we always going to suck?

RichmondRedskin88

Funny someone would start a thread about us sucking when any one with any little bit of Redskins fandom KNEW we would suck this year.

How is this a surprise to anyone?

Did the 3-1 start really have you believing this was our year??? We are two years from being a solid team.

This is being serious. Every year we all spend time and or money to watch the Skins on TV, in the stadium, Sunday ticket, etc. Every year we're promised we'll be better. Every year we start to believe somethings are getting better and than it falls apart. People thought our defense was finally coming together and then boom crash. Our offense was looking decent the first few games and then boom crash. Our special teams was looking nice last year with Banks and now nothing. Its like we never get any better. It feels like even though things are changing we continue to stay the same. Maybe its just 20+ years of failure. Are we just fooling ourselves into thinking we're getting better?

Do you think we're better than this time last year. Forget the wins and loses. Overall. Have we improved things?

Hail.

A Couple of my friends became Ravens fans after the Zorn years. They couldn't deal with the **** anymore. They rub it in my face everyday.

I can honestly see why people do. I personally couldn't force myself to switch teams, Skins are all I've known and what I've grown up with. But I can't blame people for wanting to trade teams at this point. It gets harder and harder to find a silver lining with this team

Ive been fighting an ongoing battle. My father is a die hard Cowboys fan. Obviously im a Redskins fanatic. I have a son whom ive been trying to keep from joining the darkside regardless of the outside influence he gets from his grandpa and others. Well here recently ive been able to get him more into the skins and he even said they are his favorite team.

He comes out around mid 1st quarter to watch the game. By mid 2nd, he looks at me and asks, "so do we really suck again? Are we the deadskins?"

I said yeah we suck but were on the right track. I could tell he didnt believe me. Im not sure if i believed it either.

So as i watched the game i was wondering to myself, why would i want my son to have to deal with the same crap ive dealt with for a very long time? And will no longer try to influence him in any direction in the NFL. Just as long as he doesent join the Eagles fans. I might have to disown him then lol.

So yes we suck. We will continue to suck for the foreseeable future.We will show sparks and flashes of greatness just enough to give us hope. Then,like a campfire in the rain,we are left wet and cold and realizing we are the same team that weve been for a long time.

My thing is this. I have an emotional attachment to a team that I have never seen have two winning season in a row. Don't even get me started on the glory days. They can't even go 9-7/11-5 and get a few wins in the playoffs. My logical side kicks in and says I'm smarter than this. This team is clearly below average and always finds away to shoot itself in the foot.

Then I look at the Baltimore Ravens organization and think to myself... Damn they really get it. Logic v emotions?

A Couple of my friends became Ravens fans after the Zorn years. They couldn't deal with the **** anymore. They rub it in my face everyday.

I will never do that. I adore the burgundy and gold with all my heart. And It hurts my heart deep with games like this. Which is just way to typical to the point of it being obscene. This organization is flawed, inept. I thought this would be the season that we would have consistent success. So wrong.

This organization may be snake bitten. As in no matter what they do its just not meant to be. I just don't understand .

We have three of those big silvery things in the lobby.

The Ravens are another City's team.

Rub it back. If they can change teams like that, they were never a fan of this team to start with; and your twice the 'fan' they'll EVER be.

Hail.

:doh:

You all act as if the Redskins were going to win the division this year.

Pathetic.

They're still one or two years away at least.

Lower your expectations. They've been mediocre for HOW long now, and seemingly you expect Super Bowl every year? WHY?

For those that say Shanahan sucks, you're clueless.

Exactly how I feel about resigning Moss. I would rather trot Paul and Hankerson out there week after week and get them playing time and experience. What does it benefit our future by having Moss, Gaffney and AAA out there? I would literally trade all 3 for whatever we can get.

Exactly, and I am not saying that our receiving core sucks, but we have three great running backs now and I figure our game would be heavily dependent on the run. Granted this year was slow in terms of QB's in free agency, but there was not a lack of good OL. Oh well, everything is in hindsight, its easy to say "We should have".

Funny someone would start a thread about us sucking when any one with any little bit of Redskins fandom KNEW we would suck this year.

How is this a surprise to anyone?

Did the 3-1 start really have you believing this was our year??? We are two years from being a solid team.

So we should expect the team to get WORSE every week instead of showing any signs of improvement?

We have three of those big silvery things in the lobby.

The Ravens are another City's team.

Rub it back. If they can change teams like that, they were never a fan of this team to start with; and your twice the 'fan' they'll EVER be.

Hail.

I usually don't agree with what you say GHH, but you hit the nail square on the head right there!

Pathetic.

Lower your expectations. They've been mediocre for HOW long now, and seemingly you expect Super Bowl every year? WHY?

Agree! That doesnt mean I dont Cheer as if we should win the super bowl, but I know losses like this will make that time that much sweeter!

Do you think we're better than this time last year. Forget the wins and loses. Overall. Have we improved things?

Hail.

After the first two games Id say yes but now Id say I dont know. This team is getting worse. Year two of the scheme/regime with more players that fit this scheme we should NOT be getting worse.

absolutely. People seem to forget how much damage years and years of mismanagement has done to this team. It's all about getting the right pieces, and we are finally working on it. It's a process, but nothing will ever be good enough for some folks around here

After the last 20 years of watching this team, I have come to expect them to lose every game. I am no longer disappointed nor surprised when they lose. I remember the glory years of the team and how they were built. They were built to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

I remember going to the Super Bowl parades and expecting them to go back every year. Now, I don't expect anything from them.

Pathetic.

You are ignoring the fact that they are getting worse. I could live with losing games where we play well or show signs of improvement but when your team is getting exposed more and more every week there is a problem. Rak was abused today. Where was Kerrigan? Landry? Hall was toasted again. AAA with the drops. Gaffney fumbling the ball and drops.

Pathetic.

I didn't think we'd be great this year. My point is that with this team it seems like there's just no hope. And you think we're only maybe 2 years away? At this point I don't even see that. This team looks like it has regressed every year. Even this year we're getting worse after every game.

You are ignoring the fact that they are getting worse. I could live with losing games where we play well or show signs of improvement but when your team is getting exposed more and more every week there is a problem. Rak was abused today. Where was Kerrigan? Landry? Hall was toasted again. AAA with the drops. Gaffney fumbling the ball and drops.

I think Kerrigan and Landry played ok today.

Until you cut the head off the monster, this team will not be contenders! Snyder is the head of this organization. One more thing unless you are a talented team, don't tradedown in the draft!

This. As long as Snyder owns this team, it will always be in the dumpster.

I've wondered the same thing. I have never seen the Redskins as consistent winners. I've seen short glimpses of brilliance, but never anything consistent. It gets me down sometimes, but I've gotten used to it. I think not watching the games have made things easier. I write my blog on Sunday afternoon and it usually takes me a few hours, so I miss the 'Skins game. Reading a losing score hurts way less than actually watching it manifest.

Archived