Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So seriously are we always going to suck?

RichmondRedskin88

For someone who has never seen the glory days of this franchise, it makes me start to wonder :( Just once I'd like to know what it feels like to have a great QB, offense, defense, and special teams in the same season. Until then I guess I'll just suffer watching other teams achieve what I want to see for this team

It was wonderful...so much fun watching those boys each Sunday.

Those days will be back around again. Just look at the poor Lions, they've never done anything (though they look okay this year). We've had success and we will again.

How does our offensive line being injured excuse our D collapsing today? Year after year its the same thing. Injuries didn't make us suck for the last 20 years.

It doesn't.

You expect to be 16-0?

We're rebuilding.

we're going to lose some football games.

Losing our line means we can't shoot it out when it's needed. We can't control a game with the run. we're going to get some hits to our QB which may result in a turnover.

We don't have a quarterback, our attack is limited as a result, and then his favorite target is gone.

Not every defense stops everybody every week, and all of that factors into it like everything else.

We lost.

It's going to happen.

~Bang

People are assuming a shiny' date=' new franchise, QB is magically gonna solve our problems on offense. You are delusional. Who is he gonna throw to? Who is he gonna hand off to? Who is gonna protect him? We need playmakers on offense, people who can be the GO-TO in the clutch, hit the home run. Fill your offense with talent, THEN get the franchise QB. .

Look at the Rams, got their franchise QB, and absolutely NO weapons on offense. 0-6[/quote']

this can't be said enough. Simply drafting a QB in the first round will not solve our problems over night. I really believe many here think it will.

This years Rams are an exception to the rule. They went from 1-15 to 8-8 by adding a QB that can drive the offense and not just 'manage the game'. So far this year, they've had a ton of injuries on defense and their support on offense is below average, probably worst than our offensive cast

Not talking simply a improvement like a Kyle Orton/Matt Hassellbeck. A true franchise QB in the mold of a Big Ben/Brees/Rodgers can do wonders for a team. They make due with the weapons they get and still put up points, a dream offense doesn't always need probowl recievers or rb's. Football is a team sport, but instead of extending yourself and finding the perfect other 21 starters, getting just (1) good QB can lift all those positions. RBs dont have the pressure of 8 in the box, O-line doesnt have to block as long, receivers dont have to be wide open all the time because the QB can actually deliver the ball.

Defense can reduce time on the field and not play with their backs to the wall expecting to pitch a perfect game like our defense. Green bays defense gave up 27 to a rookie QB, yet the QB can bail them out. Brees does this week in and week out with an opportunistic defense that does yield points. I have full confidence if someone like Philips Rivers was in DC, we'd easily average 24+ a game and w'd be legit contenders

But hey, continue to cycle through valleys and peaks of talent at other positions because they will come and go and avoid the hole at QB and you get why we've been so mediocre for so long

As this season goes on with Beck, people will really begin to question this offense IMO

Dude, I absolutely believe it. Name one single constant factor with this team since 1999 other than Snyder. The guy is just bad mojo.

People who think like this are also the ones who believe their own pregame rituals or which jersey they wear will cause the team to win or lose.

The team just doesn't have enough talent on either side of the ball, and they certainly don't have enough depth, as we are going to clearly see now that injuries are starting to pile up.

I do think, however, that finding a young QB who will eventually emerge as the next Manning (Peyton, not Eli), Brady, or Rodgers would go a long way to helping on offense, as QB is so important to the success of an offense.

It doesn't.

You expect to be 16-0?

We're rebuilding.

we're going to lose some football games.

Losing our line means we can't shoot it out when it's needed. We can't control a game with the run. we're going to get some hits to our QB which may result in a turnover.

We don't have a quarterback, our attack is limited as a result, and then his favorite target is gone.

Not every defense stops everybody every week, and all of that factors into it like everything else.

We lost.

You think it's still like Zorn like that other guy?

~Bang

I understand we're rebuilding but somethings never change. WRs dropping balls, defense collapsing when they were our only hope(in this case collapse completely), We make very questionable playcalls on both sides of the ball, and now we look like we don't even give ****. Did you see the team I saw? They didn't give a rats ass in the 2nd half. They let this team taunt the hell out of them and just took it. Where's that smash mouth team that was around earlier in the year? I don't care if their down 17 or 3 you fight to the last whistle.

We all knew that we had talent as starters and not much behind them... How many starters were we missing on offense today? six! Trent, Hightower, Moss, Kory, Cooley, Grossman...

Injuries are killing this team... now on with the low expectations, just hope we can get our QB next year because we have nothing...

I understand we're rebuilding but somethings never change. WRs dropping balls, defense collapsing when they were our only hope(in this case collapse completely), We make very questionable playcalls on both sides of the ball, and now we look like we don't even give ****. Did you see the team I saw? They didn't give a rats ass in the 2nd half. They let this team taunt the hell out of them and just took it. Where's that smash mouth team that was around earlier in the year? I don't care if their down 17 or 3 you fight to the last whistle.

It can be frustrating.. and i do get pissed by some of the lack of execution and heart.

~Bang

The offense/team doesnt have a leader and until that changes this team is stuck in mud. Until the below changes we will be exactly what we are as a organization.

Heath Shuler 13, John Friesz 4, Gus Frerotte 46, Jeff Hostetler 3, Trent Green 14, Brad Johnson 27, Jeff George 7, Tony Banks 14, Shane Matthews 7, Patrick Ramsey 24,Danny Wuerffel 4, Tim Hasselbeck 5, Mark Brunell 33, Jason Campbell 42, Todd Collins 3, Donovan McNabb 13, Rex Grossman 8, John Beck 1

The Washington Redskins have started 18 Different quarterbacks since 1994 and have a record of 118-134. Mike Shanahan picks the right QB in the 2012 draft we will finally be able to take two steps forward instead of one forward two backwards.

The offense/team doesnt have a leader and until that changes this team is stuck in mud. Until the below changes we will be exactly what we are as a organization.

Heath Shuler 13, John Friesz 4, Gus Frerotte 46, Jeff Hostetler 3, Trent Green 14, Brad Johnson 27, Jeff George 7, Tony Banks 14, Shane Matthews 7, Patrick Ramsey 24,Danny Wuerffel 4, Tim Hasselbeck 5, Mark Brunell 33, Jason Campbell 42, Todd Collins 3, Donovan McNabb 13, Rex Grossman 8, John Beck 1

The Washington Redskins have started 18 Different quarterbacks since 1994 and have a record of 118-134. Mike Shanahan picks the right QB in the 2012 draft we will finally be able to take two steps forward instead of one forward two backwards.

Who is the right QB? What is he looking for in his leader?

I attended the game today, I must say I'm highly dissapointed in this team! Fans were deep and B&G was all over the stadium however it was embarrasing to say the least. I saw a team that had no energy, got down early and gave up. I'm die hard and if we went don't win another game for remainder of year I'm still going to support my Skins. We need a QB, a posession WR and deep threat WR, Oline.. Until we get these pieces in place expect a mediocre year.. I drank the koolaide a little too early, shame on me but never again until we get the pieces needed.. So tired of capping off at 20 points....

I don't see how this team gave up early.

I don't see this so-called "lack of heart" or "lack of emotion".

Our guys look devastated everytime they lose. They go out and fight their butts off.

The "they don't care" thing is something made up in fans minds to make themselves feel better. It's much easier to simply shrug your shoulders and go "WELL THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING!" than realize that the players absolutely do care about winning and losing, but sometimes the chips don't fall their way. It's some bass-ackwards reverse psychology crud.

No one on that sideline was smiling, laughing, joking, or looking like they didn't care today. Not a single frakking person.

This years Rams are an exception to the rule. They went from 1-15 to 8-8 by adding a QB that can drive the offense and not just 'manage the game'. So far this year, they've had a ton of injuries on defense and their support on offense is below average, probably worst than our offensive cast

Not talking simply a improvement like a Kyle Orton/Matt Hassellbeck. A true franchise QB in the mold of a Big Ben/Brees/Rodgers can do wonders for a team. They make due with the weapons they get and still put up points, a dream offense doesn't always need probowl recievers or rb's. Football is a team sport, but instead of extending yourself and finding the perfect other 21 starters, getting just (1) good QB can lift all those positions. RBs dont have the pressure of 8 in the box, O-line doesnt have to block as long, receivers dont have to be wide open all the time because the QB can actually deliver the ball.

Defense can reduce time on the field and not play with their backs to the wall expecting to pitch a perfect game like our defense. Green bays defense gave up 27 to a rookie QB, yet the QB can bail them out. Brees does this week in and week out with an opportunistic defense that does yield points. I have full confidence if someone like Philips Rivers was in DC, we'd easily average 24+ a game and w'd be legit contenders

But hey, continue to cycle through valleys and peaks of talent at other positions because they will come and go and avoid the hole at QB and you get why we've been so mediocre for so long

As this season goes on with Beck, people will really begin to question this offense IMO

I agree with everything in this post. Franchise QBs make the rest of the team better. It's just a fact.

We can stand to upgrade talent at WR, but having a QB that can get them the ball and drive the offense aggressively will make those players look much better. This, in turn, will give the defense breaks and help open up running lanes, which makes the team better.

Not sure why people are having trouble grasping this concept, especially looking at the best QBs in the league today.

I don't see how this team gave up early.

I don't see this so-called "lack of heart" or "lack of emotion".

Our guys look devastated everytime they lose. They go out and fight their butts off.

The "they don't care" thing is something made up in fans minds to make themselves feel better. It's much easier to simply shrug your shoulders and go "WELL THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING!" than realize that the players absolutely do care about winning and losing, but sometimes the chips don't fall their way. It's some bass-ackwards reverse psychology crud.

No one on that sideline was smiling, laughing, joking, or looking like they didn't care today. Not a single frakking person.

You dont get pushed all over the field two weeks in a row and tell me you give a rats ass.

You dont get pushed all over the field two weeks in a row and tell me you give a rats ass.

You don't shut a team a team out in the second half one week and have to continue to save your sorry ass quarterback's butt all game and not care.

As for this week? This is why fans should watch other games than their own. The Panthers have one of the best offensive lines in football, especially when it comes to running the football. The reason the Panthers are a big play offense is because it's really hard to get pressure on Cam Newton. We're a pressure defense. Let's give the Panthers some credit for adjusting to our gameplan and attacking a weakness of ours.

But I don't think for a second our defense didn't care. I don't for a second don't think they weren't playing hard. Cam scored a touchdown, then we marched right back down the field and scored. We ran the ball down their throat for most of the game missing two of our offensive linemen and with one o-linemen playing in a completely new position.

Like I said, it's something fans say to make themselves feel better. It would really suck to think your team did care, and did play their ass off, and simply got beat by the man in front of them. It really sucks to think that on any given Sunday, your team just gets beat by a team that's better. So fans throw out the "THE PLAYERS JUST DON'T CARE!" excuse, because it's much easier to say THAT than ever think that they do care and simply got beat.

If you think this team doesn't care, you're not payign attention.

The Redskins got their butts kicked today. The Panthers completely owned them all game. Cam Newton owned the defense opening up their rush offense. The Redskins offense haven't score more than 22 points all year(Kerrigan returned a TD Week 1 contributing to 28 points).

Hey Bang,

We're still standing in the same spot as when Norv was first hired.

What do you expect the reaction to be?

Hey Diesel.

Have we been competently trying to build a football team since then?

Or did we just start doing that a year and a half ago?

~Bang

I'll tell you guys, this all makes me appreciate Gibbs II even more in the fact that he was able to take this team to the playoffs in two of his four years back. I mean realistically he had the same amount of talent as is assemble now and he got the most out of it.

Hey Diesel.

Have we been competently trying to build a football team since then?

Or did we just start doing that a year and a half ago?

~Bang

So we basically started a rebulid with Friesz and Shul....I mean Beck and Grossman??

I guess we started this thing looking to fail.

I need to put these games on a loop and just crank 'em up every September. I wouldn't miss a thing.

It's a damn shame that as fans, we have to start watching old 80's tapes 6-7 games in every year, just so we're reminded that we were good at one time.

Tired of arguing about it. I'm gonna pound two more beers and hit the hay. Maybe I'll wake up next Sept. from this awful nightmare.

So we basically started a rebulid with Friesz and Shul....I mean Beck and Grossman??

I need to put these games on a loop and just crank 'em up every September. I wouldn't miss a thing.

It's a damn shame that as fans, we have to start watching old 80's tapes 6-7 games in every year, just so we're reminded that we were good at one time.

Tired of arguing about it. I'm gonna pound two more beers and hit the hay. Maybe I'll wake up next Sept. from this awful nightmare.

I have faith that this will all end someday, but right now, it sucks ass.

Enjoy the beers.(and ftr,, we started rebuilding with Trent Williams. And then even further with Ryan Kerrigan, etc etc.)

~Bang

I agree with everything in this post. Franchise QBs make the rest of the team better. It's just a fact.

We can stand to upgrade talent at WR, but having a QB that can get them the ball and drive the offense aggressively will make those players look much better. This, in turn, will give the defense breaks and help open up running lanes, which makes the team better.

Not sure why people are having trouble grasping this concept, especially looking at the best QBs in the league today.

I'm gonna copy and paste that into every doomsday thread that gets made as the season goes on. When people realize our downward trending offense, more and more people will have their eyes opened to the problem. Football is not some incredible science, its filled with arrogant P.E. majors haha , but hey Im glad you agree

Archived