Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So seriously are we always going to suck?

RichmondRedskin88

I didn't think we'd be great this year. My point is that with this team it seems like there's just no hope. And you think we're only maybe 2 years away? At this point I don't even see that. This team looks like it has regressed every year. Even this year we're getting worse after every game.

unfortunately yes.. worse each game...injuries compiling and our lack of depth being displayed for all to see.

we are many many many drafts away from being any good. Circle something like 2017 on your calendar as maybe we might have a chance of watching a playoff game.

I've wondered the same thing. I have never seen the Redskins as consistent winners. I've seen short glimpses of brilliance, but never anything consistent. It gets me down sometimes, but I've gotten used to it. I think not watching the games have made things easier. I write my blog on Sunday afternoon and it usually takes me a few hours, so I miss the 'Skins game. Reading a losing score hurts way less than actually watching it manifest.

I agree with you. First game I haven't either watched or followed online and it was a lot easier to deal with. I guess it will be my norm now.

unfortunately yes.. worse each game...injuries compiling and our lack of depth being displayed for all to see.

we are many many many drafts away from being any good. Circle something like 2017 on your calendar as maybe we might have a chance of watching a playoff game.

What the hell? I will be close to your age. I will probably have kids by then. No way I can wait that long. Life as we know it will be so different by 2017. Shanahan won't be coaching this team then.

What the hell? I will be close to your age. I will probably have kids by then. No way I can wait that long. Life as we know it will be so different by 2017. Shanahan won't be coaching this team then.

dude.. at this point, i expect to see less playoff games than I have fingers on my hands for the rest of my natural life.

We don't suck. We are mediocre. We win just enough to not get a MegaTron or a QB that makes you say Whoa. and by the way there is a potential megatron coming out this year too.

I said before the season that I would be really happy if sucked enough to LUCK into a franchise QB.

How hard is it to see that we are REBUILDING??? WE have no depth our skill position players really do not have that much skill.

People are behaving as though they are insulted that we lost to the Panthers because they had a 1-5 record as if we would have defeated the teams they had played. We barely beat an injury depleted Giants. We barely beat an injury depleted Rams team with no run defense and squeegee men impersonating Wide Receivers.

I'm not saying we are going to lose out, but the schedule does have me projecting us picking from 5th to 9th unless miami and denver win 5 games

Tebow probably has Elway PO'ed at him for winning today after he traded away offensive weapons last week.

Maybe this is for another thread, but I wonder what Dan Snyder is thinking right now. Steinberg had a stat from his recap of the game that over his first 22 games, Jim Zorn was 10-12. Over his first 22 games with the Skins, Mike Shanahan is 9-13. And this season is starting to have that 6-10/7-9 feel to it, which would put Shanny either equal to or just barely ahead of Zorn in number of wins after two seasons.

I'm not advocating that we shouldn't stay the course or that Mike is in danger of losing his job after this season. But it will be curious what strategy this team will pursue in the offseason. Will we be cautious and see what QB is available when it comes our turn in the first two rounds? Or will we try to make a big move and trade up to get one of the top prospects (maybe not enough for Luck, but perhaps for someone else). Or do we think a team like the Colts, who look to be drafting very high and perhaps looking toward the future, may entertain a serious offer for Peyton Manning?

Maybe this is all premature, and we still haven't seen what Beck can do.....I think he was decent today. Still, you can't help but wonder if a bit of impatience is starting to grow within all levels of the front office in Ashburn.

Maybe this is for another thread, but I wonder what Dan Snyder is thinking right now. Steinberg had a stat from his recap of the game that over his first 22 games, Jim Zorn was 10-12. Over his first 22 games with the Skins, Mike Shanahan is 9-13. And this season is starting to have that 6-10/7-9 feel to it, which would put Shanny either equal to or just barely ahead of Zorn in number of wins after two seasons.

I'm not advocating that we shouldn't stay the course or that Mike is in danger of losing his job after this season. But it will be curious what strategy this team will pursue in the offseason. Will we be cautious and see what QB is available when it comes our turn in the first two rounds? Or will we try to make a big move and trade up to get one of the top prospects (maybe not enough for Luck, but perhaps for someone else). Or do we think a team like the Colts, who look to be drafting very high and perhaps looking toward the future, may entertain a serious offer for Peyton Manning?

Maybe this is all premature, and we still haven't seen what Beck can do.....I think he was decent today. Still, you can't help but wonder if a bit of impatience is starting to grow within all levels of the front office in Ashburn.

Coach Gibbs is far better than both of these guys. I'm sorry but I don't know where Mike is taking this organization? Its ok to be a sorry team but heading in the right direction like the Panthers. We're just bad. It doesn't look to be heading in the right direction either. I wished Gibbs would have stayed in 08 and Sean lived passed Nov 2007. We we're so close..

FAIL!

By the way If coach goes 4-12 and this offense stays on this 17-20 point range a game he's going to be questioned often and openly by many.

Bowen and Cofield have been horrible pickups, every O line has worked them this year. Still no free agent pickups that make a difference

Lol. You sir, are an ignoramus. Look it up, because I already know you're too stupid to know what it means but guess what? You'll find a picture of you.

This. As long as Snyder owns this team, it will always be in the dumpster.

C'mon man, you can't honestly believe this. WTF does Snyder have to do with anything on the field at this point? He is about as uninvolved as you will ever see any owner with football decisions. Snyder did what we wanted, and what he needed to do. Hired a real GM, who hired a legit Head Coach, and got out of their way.

I have news for you, and all of you like-minded folks who think today's loss falls back on Snyder. Snyder is going to own this team for the next 30 plus years, so if you really believe we are going to suck as long as he owns the team, you might as well jump ship now.

Once we get a QB and stop trying to insert journeymen QB into the position, we'll be better. Fans have to be willing to pull the trigger though.

Our QB wasn't to blame though. Our defense was horrid. They were manhandled and owned. It wasn't like our QB threw a pick 6 or anything. The Panthers O just shredded us. An elite QB would be great, but there is just something missing from our team. It's like we have guys who try. We have guys with good attitudes for the most part. We just lack a killer instinct. We lack a team that imposes their will on other teams. We could swap our players on defense with the Ravens players. They would probably lose their killer instinct by just being with us. I don't know wtf is up. Is it the facility? Is it the trainers? The coaching? The area? I'm baffled.

It sure as hell feels like it. I had us going 4-12 before the season started, but was halfheartedly duped by the 3-1 start. I was hopeful for the future, and in time, expected good things to happen. After today, I feel like there is no future. I feel like our future is nothing but a dark, bottomless pit of nothingness. After I marinate on this for a few days, I'm sure I'll come back to my senses, but right now, I'm just too upset to think rationally at the moment.

Our QB wasn't to blame though. Our defense was horrid. They were manhandled and owned.

the thing is, you can trace this all the way back to the 3 and long on the very first drive for the Panthers. When Newton scrambled through all those missed tackles, and ran for the first down. You could just sense that the life and energy was sucked right out of the defense at that point. Yeah, they held them to 3 field goals in the first, but you could just sense that it was just a matter of time before the touchdowns came for them. Newton is legit. 100% legit. I didn't think the kid deserved to be taken first overall, but he is proving everyone wrong.

It sure as hell feels like it. I had us going 4-12 before the season started, but was halfheartedly duped by the 3-1 start. I was hopeful for the future, and in time, expected good things to happen. After today, I feel like there is no future. I feel like our future is nothing but a dark, bottomless pit of nothingness. After I marinate on this for a few days, I'm sure I'll come back to my senses, but right now, I'm just too upset to think rationally at the moment.

Its because we have no ****ing offense. And none of it makes sense. I can understand the no QB but we have nothing except a TE. How can that be in 2 years this man has doing nothing to provide this team with hope on offense. We can't score. We get into the redzone and look foolish.

Our QB wasn't to blame though. Our defense was horrid. They were manhandled and owned. It wasn't like our QB threw a pick 6 or anything. The Panthers O just shredded us. An elite QB would be great, but there is just something missing from our team. It's like we have guys who try. We have guys with good attitudes for the most part. We just lack a killer instinct. We lack a team that imposes their will on other teams. We could swap our players on defense with the Ravens players. They would probably lose their killer instinct by just being with us. I don't know wtf is up. Is it the facility? Is it the trainers? The coaching? The area? I'm baffled.

I agree with you on the overall team attitude, but a great QB helps overcome a defense. Beck played well, but not well enough to overcome a bad D. You need a QB who can. See what Aaron Rodgers did today despite his D playing subpar? That's what we need. A star QB who is a leader will help fix some of the team problems.

I do agree that it runs deeper, but getting a QB will be a great start.

Meh, the Wizards sucked major 'o sole mio until everyone stopped caring about them. Then they got good but then started sucking again as soon as Arenas brought his guns into the locker room. I'm thinking the same thing will happen to the 'Skins: they'll start being good once we stop giving an if you seek amy (minus the "me").

C'mon man, you can't honestly believe this. WTF does Snyder have to do with anything on the field at this point? He is about as uninvolved as you will ever see any owner with football decisions. Snyder did what we wanted, and what he needed to do. Hired a real GM, who hired a legit Head Coach, and got out of their way.

I have news for you, and all of you like-minded folks who think today's loss falls back on Snyder. Snyder is going to own this team for the next 30 plus years, so if you really believe we are going to suck as long as he owns the team, you might as well jump ship now.

Dude, I absolutely believe it. Name one single constant factor with this team since 1999 other than Snyder. The guy is just bad mojo.

I agree with you on the overall team attitude, but a great QB helps overcome a defense. Beck played well, but not well enough to overcome a bad D. You need a QB who can. See what Aaron Rodgers did today despite his D playing subpar? That's what we need. A star QB who is a leader will help fix some of the team problems.

I do agree that it runs deeper, but getting a QB will be a great start.

Our D didn't just play bad though. They were horrendous. It's not like we turned the ball over on our own 15 and such. The Panthers just drove the length of the field at will. The only way we would've won this game with our defense playing like that is if we had an offense that could routinely hang 35+ every week. The only QBs who could overcome what our D did would be a Brady, healthy Peyton and maybe Brees.

Dude, I absolutely believe it. Name one single constant factor with this team since 1999 other than Snyder. The guy is just bad mojo.

Sorry, I don't believe in the boogie man. At the end of the day, this team is average at best right now, and they are rebuilding. This year there was an abbreviated off-season that likely prevented the team from making all the moves they would have made. We are a couple years away. It is what it is. If you believe there is no hope, why stick around?

The Ravens play right up the street bro.

Sorry, I don't believe in the boogie man. At the end of the day, this team is average at best right now, and they are rebuilding. This year there was an abbreviated off-season that likely prevented the team from making all the moves they would have made. We are a couple years away. It is what it is. If you believe there is no hope, why stick around?

The Ravens play right up the street bro.

Keep deluding yourself with the hopeless optimism. I've done it for the last 12 years - can't do it anymore. I'm not bailing on them by no means, I'm just realistically looking at what this team is, has been, and will be for years to come. Maybe if more people just accepted the truth, things would change. We are bottom feeders. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Unless Dan Snyder finally picks a top notch GM, and lets that GM pick the coach, we will continue to suck for years to come. For those buying into the myth of "Dan Snyder finally gets it," the only progress he's made is jettisoning Cerrato. Other than that, he is following the same pattern. Snyder hires an inexperienced offensive coach, hoping to find the next Gibbs in the making. He fails miserably, gets ripped a new one by fans and media, and then hires an established coach and gives him full reign of not just coaching, but also personnel.

While every coach wants that honor, only Belichik and to a lesser extent Parcells have been particularly successful at it. The results are predictably disappointing, and then Snyder makes another bad offensive-minded disastrous hire, gets ripped, and then steps back to an established coach and gives him total control.

We're now on the 3rd round of "Snyder finally gets it and is letting football people run things." Robiskie disaster, bring in Schotferbrains to quell critics and hand him total control. Spurrier an embarrasing collapse, bring back Gibbs and give him total control. Zorn a colossal failure, bring in Shanahan and give him total control.

For someone who claims to be a lifetime Skins fan, Snyder could learn alot from JKC, who hired the best GM available, and then let that GM hire a coach. Beathard and Gibbs fought like dogs over personnel decisions, but Beathard was almost always right. One guy who was around back then was Mark Murphy, who learned the lesson perfectly. He hired the best GM in football, Ted Thompson, and Thompson hired little-known Mike McCarthy. The Packers are now supplanting the Pats as the premier team in the NFL.

When Shanahan's contract runs out in 5 years and the team is still barely above .500 (the guy has won one playoff game in the last 10 years and has only a roughly 55% winning avg post-Elway, maybe we'll get really really lucky and Snyder will actually let someone who knows what he's doing select the next coach. ...but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Archived