Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you welcome TO on the Redskins?

Lar0n Landry

Approve/Disapprove of the NBA dress code?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Approve/Disapprove of the NBA dress code?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • Other
    • Blahblahblah The NBA sucks blahblahblah Look at me Blahblah...

My problem with it isn't TO. Getting a TO is at the expense of seeing what a Austin, Paul, Hankerson... and even Armstrong when he comes back can do for us. Plus, the guy won't really know the playbook and although he's played a bunch of West Coast early in his career... I think he'd be a regression for a team that's not really ready to challenge anyway this year.

I just don't see how bringing a guy in to help for half a season is at their expense.

His career is almost over. There's is just beginning.

They can learn from him things they can't learn from other receivers on our roster.

If he can pass a physical.. I don't think he needs to learn too much of the offense to be a threat. we know who he is, we've seen him as amuch as any team in the NFL has.. he's torched us enough.

He's a big man, plays big, and that is something Hank needs to be. There's not many better playing that sort of game over the last decade. And TO has shown he can be a good mentor to younger players.

Besides.. our red zone offense stinks. Stinks, I tellya. A receiver of his size and ability instantly changes that.

~Bang

---------- Post added October-20th-2011 at 12:46 PM ----------

One would hope his two time SB winning, HoF headed offensive HC; his offensive minded, pass/ receiver happy OC; and more pertinently his positional coach, a 17 year, 200 plus regular season vet. who bagged two SB's himself (albeit if he played zero part in our third), Keenan McCardell.

No question veteran guys are great to look upto and mentor from (although we TOTALLY disagree with the type of character Me-O is and if you'd want him to mentor anyone); but the teaching and coaching starts with, well, the coaches. And in terms of respect from a player who's had a long NFL career, put up some pretty good numbers at times, and has had a pretty much exemplary attitude right through; Hankerson and the other young wide-outs couldn't have a better figurehead than McCardell.

Hail.

His coach is one thing, but a player is entirely different. Seriously,, he's a totally different type of receiver than anyone here. And he's one of the best to play that sort of big man game.

If Hank is having problems, I can't think of many better to show him how to use that big body and athleticism from direct experience.

McCardell was a good receiver, but not a big man. there's inherent differences in knowing how your body works and trying to coach someone how to work their body when you don't have a similar one. Teaching technique can only go so far. Demonstration is a key ingredient.

And it should be noted thatI've been a TO fan his entire career. He's had his problems, he's no angel, but he's no cancer either.

And what he can do can be nothing short of remarkable. In his career there have been maybe one or two receivers that have been comparable. Right now the closest one i can see is Megatron.

If he can impart some of that knowledge to our young guys in a half season, I simply don't see the harm.

~Bang

Dallas was a circus anyway, and I don't think he was a part of the problem.

You don't???? Really??? While he was uber talented and put up big numbers he was at the eye of the **** storm. He continually blasted the coaches for not calling his number enough even though he had been targeted more than any receiver in football at the time. He told the press that he thought Romo sits to pee and Witten were creating plays without including him in the discussion and said that Romo sits to pee looked to Witten too much even though Owens had been targeted much more than Witten at the time. He was constantly needling Romo sits to pee on the sideline that he was open. The guy was a constant distraction and has been every place he's been. IMO this is the exact type of transaction we need to move away from.

100% agreed. I think this "cancer" BS is significantly overblown. He's been misunderstood his entire career.

The team cancer stuff is not overblown. There's a reason he's been on so many teams despite having HOF talent. He has trashed many QB's and disrespected many different coaches over the course of his career.

That being said, the guy does produce on the field and is exactly the kind of WR we don't have. I think the real question would be "could he be a good veteran WR for Leonard Hankerson to learn from?" If the answer is determined to be yes then I would give him a shot. He would definitely be motivated to play against the NFC East and would enjoy playing on a team that is in contention for the division.

As for being a QB killer, I'm not concerned about that because we don't have young QB's who he could effect long term. Both Beck and Grossman should be able to handle his demeanor and should welcome having a target like him to throw to.

In the end, if the coaches and GM think he can make the team better, without jeopardizing the direction of the team, then go for it. Just remember, we're coming off of a bad situation with AH and D-Mac so it would have to be a serious leap of faith to bring in a T.O. Things have been relatively peaceful this year outside of the QB situation.

He's got to be the youngest 37 year old in the NFL considering how well he keeps himself in shape.

I would be open to it because I think he'd come in as hungry as ever with the opportunity to play against both the Eagles and Cowboys this season.

If I was the coaching staff/FO I'd talk to Santana. If he signed off on it I'd go it.

Fine, I would give him a shot but Is he gonna cry on national TV when the reporters asks him to talk about a QB mistake: i.e. Beck/Grossman throws interception? I just can't stand it man. It will be all over TV and I will get sick watching it. Seeing him doing this in Boycows uniform was entertaining but in Burgundy and Gold? Thinking about it right now is making me little noxious.

You don't???? Really??? While he was uber talented and put up big numbers he was at the eye of the **** storm. He continually blasted the coaches for not calling his number enough even though he had been targeted more than any receiver in football at the time. He told the press that he thought Romo sits to pee and Witten were creating plays without including him in the discussion and said that Romo sits to pee looked to Witten too much even though Owens had been targeted much more than Witten at the time. He was constantly needling Romo sits to pee on the sideline that he was open. The guy was a constant distraction and has been every place he's been. IMO this is the exact type of transaction we need to move away from.

He blasted his coaches?

can you tell me what he said?

I saw almost every one of his press conferences. I'm a fan.

He didn't bash coaches.

He wants the ball. Big deal. Why people get so upset that a receiver wants the ball is beyond me.

It really is.

besides. let's stick a hundred mics in your face every single day and bait you with questions that are designed to get a juicy byte to scream about. Let's see how perfect anyone is.

Why none of this in Buffalo?

Why none in Cincinatti?

I'll tell you. Because the ratio of press to player is MUCH lower. And so is the speculative bull**** they can come up with. Up there he wasn't under constant attack from a media that wanted to be the next one to go live with the latest TO comment that might mean this, or could mean that. Gossip columnists. That's all.

2 of his last 4 stops saw no controversy, and even though both of those teams were exponentially worse that Philly and Dallas,, he got his numbers. And he didn't throw anyone under the bus to get them.

So he was a "distraction" in Philly, even though he put up monster numbers, and played his ass off in a Super Bowl in which Mr Perfect fell asleep on the field and puked all over the place. Nevermind he did everything he absolutely coud to come back off a broken leg to do it.

That's a distraction I can deal with.

Look at his numbers. They're ridiculous.

You know who WAS a loocker room cancer? A guy who pretty much was univesally disliked among teammates?

Jerry Rice. Notioriously hard to work with.

But like i said above. we all see the media paint people however they want. we sit here and scream when they have the audacity to predict our 6-10 football team won't be very good. We yell that they are clueless, always in th tank for the Cowboys (which they turned into the circus you mention. Wade Phillips has nothing to do with that ridiculous locker room?)

Who confirmed Werder's fight story?

No one yet. Do we accept it?

I don't deny he's done some dumb things. Using his own receiver's coach for example.

But this is now a 38 yr old football player who knows what it feels like to be left outt of the league.

Think he won't jump at the chance to try again? Think he'll be the same ol' brash young man he was in SF or Philly?

The pattern of his last 2 years in the league demonstrate otherwise.

~Bang

I just don't see how bringing a guy in to help for half a season is at their expense.

~Bang

While I do see the value of a mentor. I think the days of Hixon are over. I think we have a wide receiver coach who can teach. The question here is which improves a player more, watching and questioning or practical experience. Our WR coach should have enough game experience that he can provide the tips and even demonstrate (albeit in practice)... now, there's a difference between peer teaching and coach teaching,

On the other hand, look how much Austin seems to have improved year to year and how quickly they got Armstrong up and running last year. So, I think the value of TO is greatly diminished... esp with iffy qbing and 40% of our line lost to injury.

My problem with it isn't TO. Getting a TO is at the expense of seeing what a Austin, Paul, Hankerson... and even Armstrong when he comes back can do for us. Plus, the guy won't really know the playbook and although he's played a bunch of West Coast early in his career... I think he'd be a regression for a team that's not really ready to challenge anyway this year.

If the Redskins can get better QB and WR play they certainly can challenge for a playoff spot this year. Could you imagine a redzone package with T.O., Moss and Hankerson with Fred Davis? Talk about matchup problems for a defense.

The Skins are 3-2 and nobody in the division is showing any signs of stepping up and grabbing the division by the throat. Call me crazy but if Beck can come in and stabilize the offense, the Skins have as good a chance as any of the 4 teams to win the division. Bill Parcells likes to say "you are what your record says you are." Well, the Skins are 3-2 and should go to 4-2 with a solid game at Carolina this week. 4-2 would be nothing to sneeze at in the NFC East.

:ols:

You believe this?

You ever seen a suicide attempt released from the hospital the same day?

Go back to sleep.

~Bang

for a player to be rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night and everything is hush hush about it, and not being the first time this has happened, yeah i believe it. Something is not right with T.O., if you think otherwise well just as you dont know jack about special teams, you dont know jack about character because T.O. is psycho.

Are you high? Bring in a ME ME ME ME guy to tutor our young guys? No matter what he is like today or will be in the future he is still a selfish guy. To bring him in now would only alienate the rest of the WR's on the team. Also this board and everyone on it for the most part have been clamoring for years to get rid of some of the prima donnas and overpriced players off this team and now you want to bring in a guy like TO? Not just NO, but H*** NO! He might have been a great receiver but he isn't any better than bringing in Haynesworth.

for a player to be rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night and everything is hush hush about it, and not being the first time this has happened, yeah i believe it. Something is not right with T.O., if you think otherwise well just as you dont know jack about special teams, you dont know jack about character because T.O. is psycho.

Suicide attempts spend a good bit of time in psychiatric wards before they're released.

If TO is in a psyche ward, we aren't hearing about it?

None of the rumor stands up to any logic.

he went to the hospital.

Who knows why. You sure don't, and neither do I.

I always love it when people tell me I dont know jack because i don't believe their speculation.

Show me proof, or shut up about who "knows" what.

and, to be ****y,, I'll put my football acumen up against yours or anyone's any day of the week.

better bring your A game.

~Bang

He blasted his coaches?

can you tell me what he said?

I saw almost every one of his press conferences. I'm a fan.

He didn't bash coaches.

He wants the ball. Big deal. Why people get so upset that a receiver wants the ball is beyond me.

It really is.

besides. let's stick a hundred mics in your face every single day and bait you with questions that are designed to get a juicy byte to scream about. Let's see how perfect anyone is.

Why none of this in Buffalo?

Why none in Cincinatti?

I'll tell you. Because the ratio of press to player is MUCH lower. And so is the speculative bull**** they can come up with. Up there he wasn't under constant attack from a media that wanted to be the next one to go live with the latest TO comment that might mean this, or could mean that. Gossip columnists. That's all.

2 of his last 4 stops saw no controversy, and even though both of those teams were exponentially worse that Philly and Dallas,, he got his numbers. And he didn't throw anyone under the bus to get them.

So he was a "distraction" in Philly, even though he put up monster numbers, and played his ass off in a Super Bowl in which Mr Perfect fell asleep on the field and puked all over the place. Nevermind he did everything he absolutely coud to come back off a broken leg to do it.

That's a distraction I can deal with.

Look at his numbers. They're ridiculous.

You know who WAS a loocker room cancer? A guy who pretty much was univesally disliked among teammates?

Jerry Rice. Notioriously hard to work with.

But like i said above. we all see the media paint people however they want. we sit here and scream when they have the audacity to predict our 6-10 football team won't be very good. We yell that they are clueless, always in th tank for the Cowboys (which they turned into the circus you mention. Wade Phillips has nothing to do with that ridiculous locker room?)

Who confirmed Werder's fight story?

No one yet. Do we accept it?

I don't deny he's done some dumb things. Using his own receiver's coach for example.

But this is now a 38 yr old football player who knows what it feels like to be left outt of the league.

Think he won't jump at the chance to try again? Think he'll be the same ol' brash young man he was in SF or Philly?

The pattern of his last 2 years in the league demonstrate otherwise.

~Bang

Not to try and stir up anything, but what is Cincinnati's record right now, compared to when he was there?

I think it would be better to look elsewhere, just for the simple fact that we JUST saw the circus leave town, and don't need them doing a u-turn...We all know if he did come here, the media would be sharpening their knives...

and, to be ****y,, I'll put my football acumen up against yours or anyone's any day of the week.

~Bang

When it comes to football... Bang is aces, and smashes his opponents. His ideas lob over most people's heads. Not sure about his backhand though.

~Bang

When it comes to football... Bang is aces, and smashes his opponents. His ideas lob over most people's heads. Not sure about his backhand though.

so bang wants to sign and old washed up free agent, and you are praising him.. who are u guys vinny cerrato and daniel snyder?

so bang wants to sign and old washed up free agent, and you are praising him.. who are u guys vinny cerrato and daniel snyder?

Ignorance is interesting in it's natural habitat.

the amount you don't know is vast indeed.

When i start telling you I want to sign every vet in sight and trade draft picks for ANYTHING, you get back to me.

Until ten you'd do well to pick out some shoes that taste good, because your foot appears to be in your mouth a lot.

~Bang

---------- Post added October-20th-2011 at 01:32 PM ----------

Ha!

Such a clever lad! Serve it up, my man! Your baseline for subtlety is netting big returns

~Bang

Archived