Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

A seasons worth of build up that resulted in a fight that only lasted until some fire crackers scared the Gov's army away. A whole bunch of plot points that were really only there to eat up episode time. Idk, Andreas death was big I guess, but I just didn't care enough for the character to get all into her final scene. I thought it was an anticlimactic finale for a season that never found a focus. I hope season 4 will get back the "thrill" that the first season had.

Can't believe the Gov. survived to make season 4. It was a solid episode but I agree that it was rather anti-climactic for a finale, especially with all the build up through out the season.

My biggest question now is how can the Gov. be taken as a serious threat when he took out his entire army with the exception of Martinez and Dhani Jones?

A seasons worth of build up that resulted in a fight that only lasted until some fire crackers scared the Gov's army away. A whole bunch of plot points that were really only there to eat up episode time. Idk, Andreas death was big I guess, but I just didn't care enough for the character to get all into her final scene. I thought it was an anticlimactic finale for a season that never found a focus. I hope season 4 will get back the "thrill" that the first season had.

you summed up how i feel perfectly, couldnt have said it better.

Thought it was great. :ols:

I seem to be over-run by a growing majority of people who just don't seem to like it much. :pfft:

This is a show I really hate having to wait for during its down time. :(

But GOT is back and other favorites are getting ready to renew. :cool:

I like the episode except Andrea's part was once again ridiculously dragged out, almost as if it was a metaphor for the season, and then after all that she died anyway.

Also the Governor was gung ho to go back and then he just disapears....

And does it make sense to take everyone back to the prison?

Woodbury seemed more sustainable, but maybe not as secured? Not sure.

I guess we'll see if they can take care of everyone there.

It just didn't seem to clear anything up. Nerdnick was killed off, the gov murdered all of his people and then Andrea had to die (which wasn't very surprising). Rick got all the survivors and brought them back to the prison.

So next season will be prison life but with new people? Is the gov going to start trying to hunt them since he is full on insane? Does he really stand a chance since he only has three people in his group? Perhaps he's gone for now and will show back up later. What's next? It just seems that they're stuck in a rut now.

I liked many of the elements of the season finale but as a whole I was hoping for more. Perhaps it's due to the high standard I hold this show. I just don't know.

Not sure what I wanted, but that was a letdown in my book.

big time. so disappointed. last week's episode was more dramatic than tonight's season finale. what a weak episode.

drag this governor crap out for another 6 months into next season?! This dude kills a bunch of his own people and the last two men standing ride off with him? :(

MAJOR letdown. I'm not sure even the folks who have defended the slowness of the last two seasons can argue tonight's finale in any way. i'm a little heated right now because ti was so amped up for this epic finale and we didn't get anything besides andrea's off-screen suicide...so forgive me for the rage. I'll probably feel differently in the morning...

Some viewers don't seem to like the way they frequently leave plot threads, that each season some think would have been wrapped up. They seem to leave some hanging each time with little foreshadowing, instead of neatly tying things up and making it obvious where their next immediate steps are going to be after a season break.

They obviously have plans for the Gov still, which I can understand since he's such a popular character with viewers (love to hate him). I could have seen working Andrea into the Gov's replacement where she runs Woodbury following his death, but I won't really miss her, either. The new additions should be interesting to watch, and the direction Carl's arc is going looks the same. Depending on a number of things, obviously, there might be some spark with a life to it developing Between Rick & Michonne with Andrea gone now and Laurie fading into the past.

I guess one sort of overview I have is not expecting the typical "tightly scripted" procedural drama feel and I kind of like the lack of "precision" (and i'm not excusing stupid plot gaffes or poor characters etc). I'm good most of the time so far with the kind of sometimes illogical, sometimes scattered, sometimes messy or irrational behaviors and storylines that seem pretty congruent with what things would be like in this were all real.

These are not robots or SEALs or strategic-minded disciplined post-apocalyptic survival experts (though they learn or die) and they're not even dealing with anything remotely like some standard human catastrophe (despite how jaded and familiar we are from all the zombie movies we have watched). The show even seems to take the track of many earlier zombie efforts, and some newer ones, of telling the story through characters that don't seem to have lived through a pop-culture zombie fest for a couple decades and know how to act/handle it with more steadiness and aplomb. :).

For them, it's way beyond any "normal" social breakdown from any national global disaster or war or even aliens from outer space. It's a freaking surreal nightmare of bizarre, mind-bending, unimaginable terror, death, gore, loss (of every-****ing-thing) and hardship. The show's flow seems to embody all that just fine for me.

I guess it might be more appealing for some if it was on NBC and Dick Wolf was running things. :pfft:

"Lawless and Disorder: Special Zombie Squad." :D

I do like that the show doesn't follow the normal drama formula of doing things. That way you won't really know that everything will be perfect and the good guys don't get everything that they want by the end of the season.

I think that the highlight of season two was when Carol's daughter was found to be in the barn the whole time.

I think that the highlight if season three was the death of Merle after his heroic actions.

i just didnt like how the last 8 episodes of the season led up to "the war" which ended up only lasting about 3 minutes.

thought we'd be done with the gov and move on already. in no way am i expecting this show to fit some traditional mold or style of.story writing. All im saying is, for all the build up they did for the second half of the season, that finale was pretty dull.

I'm not into writing this all out right now, but for me, the way they worked the prison scene made a lot of sense, pragmatically, and actually was foreshadowed, and the 'build-up" was just (understandably enough) projected by many viewers because even though right on the surface it never made sense they could just shoot it out successfully, it's the sort of thing we're used to---the vastly outgunned/outnumbered protagonists beating the superior enemy force in some cataclysmic battle. I guess I did end up typing more than I planned just now, but I'm stopping short of finishing my thoughts on this (it actually did go one of the the two ways I was figuring)---maybe tomorrow.

Archived