Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

They really

As someone who has read the comics....why do jabroni's always come in this thread and bring stuff up that hasn't made it's way onto the show yet?

A couple of suspensions should be in order for doing something like that.

Just trying to come off as "great prediction makers."

I've read the comics, and I've seen people in here acting like they're trying to give predictions, but are actually telling what happened in the comic series. I don't call them out because that would spoil it for those who have not read them, but it is bs.

I don't chime in very often abt the show. I've read the comics and I gotta say...

The tv show producers/writers/Kirkman--whomever made the decision--absolutely BLEW IT with that finale. They had some of the best material to work with from the comic. A pinnacle moment in the series with Negan and the group. And did the most horrible thing ever. A cliff hanger ending. Whaaaaaaaaat?

If they had stuck with it and let the whole scene play out like the comic, there wouldn't be a dry eye in all of America as the credits rolled.

Absolute stupidity on their part. Beyond stupid.

Ok, I'm confused. What exactly was spoiled this time? 

And let's not bring up the GoT thread. Some of the ****ing in there is ridiculous. As if reading the book was downright sinful.

"Why did you tell me the Kaleessi's full name?!?! That's a spoiler, they've only mentioned it every time she's announced when she walks in a room but I never remember it so it MUST be a spoiler! I only know her as 'Queen Perky Tits',....why won't she get nekkid again?" 

Ok, I'm confused. What exactly was spoiled this time? 

And let's not bring up the GoT thread. Some of the ****ing in there is ridiculous. As if reading the book was downright sinful.

"Why did you tell me the Kaleessi's full name?!?! That's a spoiler, they've only mentioned it every time she's announced when she walks in a room but I never remember it so it MUST be a spoiler! I only know her as 'Queen Perky Tits',....why won't she get nekkid again?" 

I can pm you if you'd like.

I've read the comics, and I've seen people in here acting like they're trying to give predictions, but are actually telling what happened in the comic series. I don't call them out because that would spoil it for those who have not read them, but it is bs.

What if it is someone who has never read the comics but gets it right? I for one think my prediction is pretty plausible (taking hostages to control vassals) but I've never even seen a Walking Dead comic never mind read one. That said don't tell me/us if I'm right or wrong.

I don't chime in very often abt the show. I've read the comics and I gotta say...

The tv show producers/writers/Kirkman--whomever made the decision--absolutely BLEW IT with that finale. They had some of the best material to work with from the comic. A pinnacle moment in the series with Negan and the group. And did the most horrible thing ever. A cliff hanger ending. Whaaaaaaaaat?

If they had stuck with it and let the whole scene play out like the comic, there wouldn't be a dry eye in all of America as the credits rolled.

Absolute stupidity on their part. Beyond stupid.

You know this is the sort of stuff that gives things away. Your write up indicates either Michonne, Tasha, Maggie or Glenn get killed.

So my recommendation, to you who doesn't chime in very often, is to take it a step further and don't chime in at all.

Some of you really don't get it.

Bringing up characters not yet revealed on the show. Groups. Locales. I already mentioned how several seasons ago someone brought up Negan before any non comic viewer had any clue who that was. So in the back of your mind, this big bad character is looming on the horizon, becore their time comes (if it ever comes).

Then, he finally gets cast, its announced pretty much everywhere that he's cast, including by amc, gets posted in here, I mention again later who the actor is, and someone thinks thats a spoiler.

You would think its pretty simple, yet people come in here, ignore the warning, and post about characters that don't exist yet, groups that don't exist yet, etc.

No, the show doesn't exactly follow the comics but you are specifically told not to discuss what happens in the comics, yet people keep doing it, or just simply being annoying, by saying how much better things could have been had they followed the comic, if a scene happened in a way you didn't like.... Because "We read the comics".

No one cares. And you complaining about people getting annoyed just further makes you look like a tool

I don't mind cliffhanger endings but they have to be done correctly. Regardless of anything comics related, this would have been the most emotional and powerful scene in the tv series so far. Why stop like that? You have to finish the scene and still close an arc to some degree to have a proper cliffhanger.

This is akin to ESB ending mid-scene with Vader shown slashing down his lightsaber and we only hear Luke scream and then the movie just stops because "that was the end of that story and everything else afterwards is the start of a new story." Makes 0 sense.

You know this is the sort of stuff that gives things away. Your write up indicates either Michonne, Tasha, Maggie or Glenn get killed.

So my recommendation, to you who doesn't chime in very often, is to take it a step further and don't chime in at all.

Any assumptions you made about the characters based off his post are on you and not him. He didn't give anything away.

Ok--was avoiding this, but now there's a new title.

Note the TD mentions the comics regularly, but of course guards against spoilers, so that will be the only way "comic talk" can appear here---if TD was the source.

If this works for you, like this post, please, so we'll know.

Now we can also avoid arguments (even friendly ones) that distract.

What if it is someone who has never read the comics but gets it right? I for one think my prediction is pretty plausible (taking hostages to control vassals) but I've never even seen a Walking Dead comic never mind read one. That said don't tell me/us if I'm right or wrong.

You misunderstood my post.

I'm referring to the death of any character in that moment of the story. The drama was built up and no delivery. The delivery is what would've had people crying. Doesn't matter who dies. Could've been any of them.

You misunderstood my post.

I'm referring to the death of any character in that moment of the story. The drama was built up and no delivery. The delivery is what would've had people crying. Doesn't matter who dies. Could've been any of them.

I agree, that was just bad story telling. A cliff hanger can be done but not by breaking up the big emotional moment and wasting the build up. They could have, as an example shown Rick panicking upon discovering one of the group had left a note and run away but not said it was Carol. Nothing wasted, the audience is intrigued, and it actually helps a build up. What they've done is like cutting the power before the final play of the big game at a sports bar. Sure we can see it later, but the energy is gone, there will be no jumping around and hugging strangers.

My feelings exactly Destino.

On the spoiler note, if anyone is talking about any of my posts, please shoot me a PM. As I think I mentioned earlier in the thread I have only read up until Shane dies in the comics.

Holy ****! Shane dies?

You mother****er!

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just saying I've seen it done. Which is why I don't really post in here except to talk about current episodes. I don't want to let something slip, like info on new characters or locales.

Archived