• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   

My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  

Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  

Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 

The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  

The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 

steveo21

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

I started watching Into the Badlands so I can see the preview for next week.

I've been watching it too. Not complaining either because I'm a martial arts movie fan. 

I've been watching it too. Not complaining either because I'm a martial arts movie fan.

I'm recording it. I'll stick around for the preview of TWD, then I'm heading to bed because I'm old and tired.

Im a martial arts guy too, but that Badlands shiw just seemed too fancy and at the same time, too dull. Will come back whrn its time for Talking dead

I can understand that. Some martial arts movies/shows are more on the unrealistic choreography with the wire work or the posing and nonsense. And other stuff actually shows you more realistic, gritty action. I lean towards the latter. I like The Raid movies, Ip Man, basically anything with Donnie Yen, Collin Chou, or Jing Wu. 

• Like 1

So looks like next weeks episode will be all about the impending zombie doom at Alexandria, setting up the last episode of the first half of the season to be the rescue of Glenn and the possible reuniting of all the group.

Second half of the season will be Wolves drama or this new group.

Sooo was that glen?

Yeah sounded just like Glenn.

The crazy thing is that it was Glenn yelling just after they fall off the dumpster. They just keep messing with us.

Also, Abe is willing to pass up on Rosita for Sasha? Uh no

That is the biggest sign this dudes losing it and isn't long for this world

Yeah, I'll take Rosita over Sasha too. But I think Abe is just hedging his bets. 

Also, Abe is willing to pass up on Rosita for Sasha? Uh no

That is the biggest sign this dudes losing it and isn't long for this world

The chick that plays Sasha is sexy as hell. Pretty close call if you ask me. I aint mad at Abe.

Yeah, I'll take Rosita over Sasha too. But I think Abe is just hedging his bets.

Even the zombie apocalypse can't stop a man from being a man

The chick that plays Sasha is sexy as hell. Pretty close call if you ask me. I aint mad at Abe.

Sinister...staahhpp

As Rooker is saying, "Sasha didn't say no". Abe got some badass new weapons, smoked a cigar, he's thinking "I got this". I can't hate on him for trying to holler.

• Like 1

Anyone catch Hardwick getting a littke testy with Rooker? Btw, I always imagined that dude to be an asshole in real life.

Rooker or Hardwick? 

I can see anyone who imagines doing his schtick a certain way would get annoyed by Rooker's constant interruptions and random comments. The chick in middle's facial expression when Rooker would fly off the handle was sooo worth it. I think he's always playing a character, and is probably extremely chill when the cameras are off. He keeps getting invited back, despite his character being dead for the past 2-3 seasons because he's so damn entertaining. Hardwick should lighten up. 

I heard them drop the name, "Wade" or "Wayne" a few times. Not sure which one. I've never read the comics so I have no clue if that has any significance. He seemed like the leader of that new group introduced.

My man Abraham, slayin' the two best lookin' joints in our group.  #alphamale #kong

And now we have an RPG  B)

So if it was Rick....they rescue him from the RV, then just let him run to Alexandria?

Rick has already made it back at this point. This is Rick dealing with whatever fallout happens at Alexandria after he returns. Sounds like some stuff is going down next week and I could see Rick asking for help.

Sounds odd that he wouldn't address Daryl by name or sound so rattled but I noticed he started to break a bit in the RV after he found the baby food and knew Alexandria had been attacked and he couldn't drive back.

I have watched zero episodes of WD this season (well like 30min of the premier). I think I might be done with it.

That said, I saw a spoiler (for me anyway) about Glenn dying. So I'd just request a brief summary of the season so far from someone who has a few minutes. I guess I'll decide whether or not to pick it back up.