Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expect Lots of Referee Interference on Sunday

SonnyandSam

Ryan O'Hallaron tweeted

ryanohalloran Ryan O'Halloran

Bill Leavy on the whistle for Eagles and #Redskins Sunday. His crew has called 14, 12, 16 and 12 penalties in four games this year.

Just what we need....a bunch of whistle happy refs blowing personal foul calls against Orakpo and Kerrigan for sacking Vick. You just know they are going to protect his ass. ****!

Well, on the other hand they are less likely to overlook holding, right? This could go either way for us. Our game plan is likely to be pressure from the edges on defense and smash mouth football on offense, so hopefully we won't see Orakpo getting dragged to the ground while Vick runs a 24 yard TD.

As long as they call the damn holds on Orakpo. He still gets held way too much around the neck on his speed rushes. I think that is why he has been doing more bull rushes lately.

Don't know which games they did. I think they did the Bears game when they jumped off side often....but those were deserved. I seem to recall watching one game with his crew when a lot of personal foul calls were called against DL who allegedly hit the QB's helmet. At least two replays showed the DL did not even touch the QB's helmet. There were other questionable calls involving the QB; even the Fox crew was questioning the "protection" of the QB. I think it may have been the 2nd or 3rd game; sorry..don't recall the teams....it wasn't the Redskins.

If Andy Reid is smart, he encourages Vick to "sell" the blow to the head whenever he's hit or sacked by a Redskins defender. There are often nickle-and-dime pass interference calls, and they do like to call the offensive variety. I wouldn't put too much stock in the number of penalties called per game; you have to consider the games that crew worked ----> Vikings/Chiefs, Bengals/Browns, Jags/Panthers, and Seahawks/Steelers. This crew had a bye last week.

IMO if we saw a game where the refs were particularly tough and it did NOT result in us getting scrood it would be irrefutable proof of genuine change in the franchise, kinda like the breaking of the seventh seal.

But then, I'm a cynic at heart, I know that if the zebras get flag happy we will suffer.

Archived