Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter rumor: Redskins possibly looking to trade for Reggie Wayne

21MadFan

I wish Shanny could keep rebuilding the WR corps, the way he rebuilt our RB corps. I'm still amazed how quickly Shanny's raised a great stable of young hungry RBs for our team.

Well, there's AA, Hankerson, Paul, Austin, and Robinson (on the PS) that we have. One more draft and the WR corps overturn is pretty much complete.

Well, there's AA, Hankerson, Paul, Austin, and Robinson (on the PS) that we have. One more draft and the WR corps overturn is pretty much complete.
Yeah. I don't even think we need to draft anymore WR. Though I bet Shanny will and I won't disagree with a master. Just get rid of Stallworth to give Hankerson and Paul more time, and keep Moss and Gaffney as long as they keep earning their spot. If the young guys are ready, we're already set.

(would like to see Banks as a deep threat too)

This seems pretty much shot down at this point, but here is my 2 cents.

If they traded a 4th and dropped Stallworth, RW could be a very useful reciever with experience on this team. The article posted said he is in the last year of his contract. We wouldn't be on the hook for money next year. He still has a bit in the tank and could probably get a decent contract from another team this offseason. That reason we would also have a chance at a decent comp pick, possibile a 4th/5th. It could end up being a swap of 4th rounders which would be nothing for 12 weeks of Wayne.

TK already shot this down...it's not happening

I don't think it is happening either unless Shanny can get Wayne for a 5th or higher pick. More likely, the Skins inquired.

But TK even admitted back during free agency that his contacts/information was not like it was during the Vinnie years when there were lots of loose lips. Shanny and Allen keep things much closer to the vest than Vinnie and Snyder did.

I'd consider it for a low draft pick; certainly not a 1-3. I'd have think long and hard about a 4th even.

The article posted said he is in the last year of his contract.

Which is exactly why it would be an awful trade. Draft picks are extremely valuable in the NFL. You don't rent players in this league because of the difficulty of developing chemistry mid-season and because a draft pick, even a late round one, has a relatively good chance of landing you a contributing player unlike a sport like hockey.

32 year old declining WR. Fuuuuccccccck no.

Profanity filter bro, you may want to edit that.

Id be ok if we land him on the extra cheap, but I dont think we need him. I actually dont see much on the Colts that I would want to trade for.

Yeeeeahhhhhh, I'm gonna disagree with this. We really don't have alot of talent at WR.

This.

We do have a problem at QB, but anyone who thinks we don't have a problem at WR is kidding themselves.

We have quantity, not quality.

We struggle in the red zone because of a lack of wide receiver.

He seems like a team first guy, and would fit right in. I just don't want to give anything more then a 4th for him.

Agreed, we are still building for the future right now with this team, we don't need to go blowing that up by burning valuable draft picks, especially when this next class is rich with WRs

Agreed' date=' we are still building for the future right now with this team, we don't need to go blowing that up by burning valuable draft picks, especially when this next class is rich with WRs[/quote']

Don´t know about that, maby rich in amount but not sure about the talent.

Blackmon and Jeffery are in my opinion top 15 picks, so out of reach.

And after does two you have a really big group of talented big WR´s but am not sure about a lot of guys: Floyd, Sanu, Toon, Jones, Fuller, Childs and Posey.

I wouldn't spend a high pick on a lot of these guys.

Don´t know about that, maby rich in amount but not sure about the talent.

Blackmon and Jeffery are in my opinion top 15 picks, so out of reach.

And after does two you have a really big group of talented big WR´s but am not sure about a lot of guys: Floyd, Sanu, Toon, Jones, Fuller, Childs and Posey.

I wouldn't spend a high pick on a lot of these guys.

Not to mention Terrence Austin as a smaller guy, Niles Paul who's 6'1", and Leonard Hankerson who's 6'2" with a great attitude: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/13/redskins-leonard-hankerson-has-time-on-his-hands/

I don't see Stallworth here next year, and while Gaffney has produced, there's a point where you put someone else in who's on their way up. I'd love a Megatron, but since we can't get one, I'd avoid the receiver spot altogether.

Archived