Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter rumor: Redskins possibly looking to trade for Reggie Wayne

21MadFan

Problem with this team isn't @ WR. Its @ QB.... I really hope we don't make this trade.

Yeeeeahhhhhh, I'm gonna disagree with this. We really don't have alot of talent at WR. I know everyone likes to rout for the group and they are improved from last year, but I think another playmaking WR is by far the biggest need on the team at this point.

And if it's cheap? Why not? I agree, no more that a 4th. Even an aging RW across from Moss would look pretty nice.

IncarceratedBob is virtually always wrong.

Best to just forget this one.

Absolutely not true. I followed his twitter during free agency and he had almost every one of the major free agents long before any of the other talking heads. He was quite accurate. Guy's a jerk...but he does seem to be connected.

Yeeeeahhhhhh, I'm gonna disagree with this. We really don't have alot of talent at WR. I know everyone likes to rout for the group and they are improved from last year, but I think another playmaking WR is by far the biggest need on the team at this point.

Agree, we haven't even see Paul or Hankerson do anything. and we haven't seen jack **** from our preseason hall of famer terence austin

this is schefty's made up scenario of players that should be traded, but won't.

that's where this started, it says so in the article PCS linked to as well.

just like always, if there's a trade rumor out there the redskins are going to get thrown in.

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 03:29 PM ----------

Remember this?

LUQzKfVDPrw

I think his hands are fine, he just needs better concentration.

he's got hands and speed, but he's just an up and down player all around. some games he'll wow you and some games he'll disappear or make huge drops.

Incarcerated Bob is usually on point. In the past I think I would have been excited about the prospect of Wayne in the burgundy and gold, but now I don't see it. Very little upside, doesn't know the system, and with the way Shanny and Allen have been drafting, who knows what they could turn a 4th round pick into?

That said, the prospect of putting Moss in the slot is pretty sexy...

Wayne is old, final year of his contract, and has not looked as good without Manning.

I know the Broncos are reportedly shopping Lloyd around, but I wonder if they’d be willing to part with Eddie Royal. The guy was a beast in his rookie year(Shanahan’s last in Denver) but hasn’t looked as good since.

doesn't make sense for a team who is probably surprised internally with their record during this REBUILDING YEAR. I don't see them trading for a WR who COULD have a rookie QB throwing to him next year, or a 2nd year guy in 2 years.

Stay the course....keep working on your line depth.

While I totally believe this team is rebuilding, don't think they are taking the "suck while you get it together" mantra. Shanny wants to win now...IF and it's a huge if he saw value in RW I would not be shocked to see him here. I would hate to see us bring in an older guy for anything higher thana 4th-5th. I would assume that if this insanity went through that would be the end of Stallworth...I can't help but thinking its an upgrade?

Wayne is old, final year of his contract, and has not looked as good without Manning.

I know the Broncos are reportedly shopping Lloyd around, but I wonder if they’d be willing to part with Eddie Royal. The guy was a beast in his rookie year(Shanahan’s last in Denver) but hasn’t looked as good since.

Wayne looks bad because the quarterbacks don't know the system like Manning does. As for Eddie Royal I love the guy but Denver can't get anything right since Shanny left. You have a good QB in Orton but can't make him happy? Something is seriously wrong in Denver and honestly if they don't want Orton I know the Redskins would take a look but only for a low price since he is their now so called junk.

Archived