Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the most overlooked player on the Redskins so far this season?

I can't pick one. There are multiple players, but they all seem to feed off each other and make the guy next to him better. I feel, for the first time in a long time, that they are really a team and individual accolades aren't as important to them. There doesn't appear to be any selfish players right now.

I think Trent Williams. The LT position often draws ire, but after a rocky start to the season Trent has really settled down.

I agree Trent has really come on the last few weeks - but I would hardly call hin overlooked. There is a thread on here every time he misses a block.

The other huge contributors that few outside the organization give credit to are the guys on the scout teams.

I was thinking about this morning while driving in to work. The job that we've done bringing in guys that actually can play our schemes has been tremendous. You think back to things like bringing in Jeremiah Trotter or Adam Archuleta, who were just not built to do what we wanted them to do. Or Oakland bringing in DeAngelo Hall to team with Nnamdi Asomugha. I'm not a scout so when I see a team sign a player I just look at overall talent. And unfortunately we had been operating under the same theory before our current regime came to town. It's a huge step in the right direction.

I agree Trent has really come on the last few weeks - but I would hardly call hin overlooked. There is a thread on here every time he misses a block.

Yeah, I was thinking more that his positive contributions are overlooked.

Also, Josh Wilson. He has played extremely well.

I know you said player, but our special teams coverage teams have been outstanding this year (including the massacre of Pettis vs St Louis). Both Gano and Rocca are kicking near perfect on kickoffs and punting and opponents returns have been all but shutdown. I can't say as much for the return game or field goal kicking (although better than last year).

I think the whole Dline rotation of Cofield, Carricker, Bowen, Nield, etc. If I had to pick one it'd be Bowen.

Guys are playing sound defense 95% of the time, and allowing the linebackers and safeties to get the ball carriers on the ground, if they don't get there first.

I like the Dline rotation.

Archived