Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the most overlooked player on the Redskins so far this season?

Really hard to pick just one so far.

The defense as a whole is playing great while Kerrigan and Rak are getting the headlines. But the dline is great, DBs are doing great play as well, and Fletch remain Fletcher as always. Is this guy ever getting old? Hopefully not anytime soon.

The OL is doing great also as a whole, but it's mainly because we were used to having a crappy OL for years. Monty, Lich and Chester are doing pretty to me.

Same for Rocca, he's impressive but it's also because we haven't had a decent punter for years.

And finally, we've got one guy that is flying under the radar and doing really, really well despise being often criticized here.

I'm talking about Graham Gano.

Your kicker's good when you don't see people bashing him week in and out. He's 7/10 with 2 blocked FG that are hardly his fault (most in league btw).

So Gano get my vote :)

Santana Moss, before the tip/INT, he had been almost unstoppable converting on 3rd downs.

Sure not Ellard converts on those unstoppable down and outs, but much improved over recent years.

Rex's security blanket and go to guy, which takes a ton of pressure off our D.

Honorable mentoin, Monty.

I'd have to say Adam Carriker 2.5 sacks and has generated a good pass rush opposite of bowen I would say Bowen is overlooked as well, but no one has talked about Carriker. Then on offense Will Montgomery has made a great transition to center and Kory Litchensteiger has had a good first quarter of the season at left guard also. Hope all the players keep it up. Hail!

Let me ask you all this: Is Sav Rocca playing at a Pro Bowl level? I know it is hard to judge who is the best punter, but I just want my question to be answered. :pfft:

I think he is. He is great at putting it inside the 20. And he is busting long ones from his own side of the field. Add to that the height he is getting, is getting the punt returners demolished if they don't fair catch. See the Rams game for example.

I think he is. He is great at putting it inside the 20. And he is busting long ones from his own side of the field. Add to that the height he is getting, is getting the punt returners demolished if they don't fair catch. See the Rams game for example.

With all due respect to Austin Pettis' stupidity, those hits were definitely a result of Sav's hangtime. I know he kinda screwed the pooch with that blocked kick in Dallas, but as far as him doing his real job, he gets an A+ from me.

There are quite a few to choose from but if I had to narrow down 1 player I would have to go with Sav Rocca. Whether or not people actually realize or even want to admit it, he is a BIG reason we are 3-1 and if continues to be as consistent as he has, he will help us get a few more wins this year.

Archived