Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the most overlooked player on the Redskins so far this season?

Least talked about? I'd have to go o-line, although (oddly enough) I'd go with Gano as least appreciated. Sure I'm scared every time he lines up, but he's really only missed one fg if you discount the botched hold and blocked kick.

I love that everyone on this team is playing as well as we expected, or is exceeding expectations. The relative unknowns like Bowen, Chester, Wilson and Cofield are playing better than better than we had a right to expect.

That's a lot of expecting in those last two lines, but I'd say we're long overdue guys playing up to or beyond expectations.

Thank YOU!!! I was thinking along the same lines....Kedrick Golston, The guy is beyond solid and rarely see any fundamental mistakes from this guy, very under appreciated. Stats wont blow you away, but then again its hard to, when your not a starter.

I also feel Sav doesnt get enough love..... guys is a hell of a punter.

Something to be said about Bowen and Cofield for sure. You really never hear their names, save the times they're mentioned because of their previous teams.

Something to be said all by itself about removing the GREAT and TALENTED and HUGE Albert Haynesworth, and putting in a guy who's willing to play the position. That difference seems to be about 150 yards per game. Kerrigan and Orakpo getting most of the attention, just as Albert feared, but what a beautiful thing that Cofield doesn't give a ****.

In fact there seems to be a whole new level of 'not giving a ****' on this team. But in the good way ya know, I mean not giving a **** about anything but your coaches and teammates. And winning.

Bowen.....when we picked him up I was like WHO????? Man, Im glad we did now. He gives that 3-4 DE presence, that we just have not had as far as a run stuffer AND rusher

Yeah his Madden rating on '11 was 66. I thought they picked up trash at first. Very pleasant surprise.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 11:58 PM ----------

Leonard Hankerson.

Dudes not getting a look at all. :(

Hail.

I would like to see him incorporated somehow. Best lessons come from actual games.

Leonard Hankerson.

Dudes not getting a look at all. :(

Hail.

I do wonder what the real deal is with Hank. I guess him being a rookie gave the edge to Stallworth/Austin, but we've seen Shanny throw in a Helu. Either Hank's waiting on his time to get 'thrown in' or his droppies were enough of a problem to not play. Hopefully, he's not having an attitude about it, but if we don't really see him at all this year, I would think that's the problem. Shanny don't play.

Something to be said about Bowen and Cofield for sure. You really never hear their names, save the times they're mentioned because of their previous teams.

Something to be said all by itself about removing the GREAT and TALENTED and HUGE Albert Haynesworth, and putting in a guy who's willing to play the position. That difference seems to be about 150 yards per game. Kerrigan and Orakpo getting most of the attention, just as Albert feared, but what a beautiful thing that Cofield doesn't give a ****.

In fact there seems to be a whole new level of 'not giving a ****' on this team. But in the good way ya know, I mean not giving a **** about anything but your coaches and teammates. And winning.

Still remember reading an interview with Art Monk. The reporter observed that, while the Redskins team was really impressing the NFL, that for example, on the list of the NFLs top receivers, not one Redskin was listed in the top 10. And asked him how he felt about that.

Monk's response was that they didn't pay much attention to those individual stats, here, but that their attitude was "my team can beat your team".

Archived