Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex, the best in the NFC East...

ybnorml

Another thing I've noticed about Rex is after he commits a turnover (even if it's not his fault) he bounces back mentally and so far hasn't continue to go Romo sits to pee in a full on meltdown mode.

He has more experience with turnovers ...

I can't believe this is even a contest. This is like saying a pitcher is good based on a high win total. Its dumb and simplistic. Rex is the least talented QB in the NFC East. He just happens to play on the team with the best running game and best defense.

If we had Mike Vick or Eli Manning, we'd be a serious playoff contender

Even during his Super Bowl year, when the Giants only scored 17 points in the game and Eli gets MVP, Eli was still a turnover machine. Even with 4 fumbles/INTs yesterday, it could have easily been more if Cruz doesn't make an amazing catch off of your typical Manning bomb/haily mary. He must say his prayers before games.

The Giants success in recent years is due to their front office and defense. Vick was considered a back up QB before last year.

Vick throws 4 picks and shows his mental midget status by blowing a FG opportunity at the end of the half by holding the ball and being incapable of reading a defense and people still praise that bum and rip Rex?

Really?

Again, Vick fans are nothing but star ****er fans who don't know what a good QB is.

He has more experience with turnovers ...

I can't believe this is even a contest. This is like saying a pitcher is good based on a high win total. Its dumb and simplistic. Rex is the least talented QB in the NFC East. He just happens to play on the team with the best running game and best defense.

If we had Mike Vick or Eli Manning, we'd be a serious playoff contender

Eli, yes. If there's one guy that could fix Eli, it'd be Mike. Then again, you see Eli doing the same stupid crap Rex does all the time. I've never seen a guy throw off this back foot so many times and end up with so many lucky catches. His footwork gets downright horrible sometimes, and his team bails him out just as often as they screw him over on tipped passes. But I'd trust Mike to fix Eli.

Vick? I don't think so, Tim.

Vick's got too many issues reading defenses. He's good for the explosive play, but not great for consistent, chain moving play. Again, if anyone could fix him, it'd be Mike, but it'd be a struggle.

Vick throws 4 picks and shows his mental midget status by blowing a FG opportunity at the end of the half by holding the ball and being incapable of reading a defense and people still praise that bum and rip Rex?

Really?

Again, Vick fans are nothing but star ****er fans who don't know what a good QB is.

When Vick isn't playing the Redskins, I'm a Vick fan.

BTW-Look at any QB/passing metric. (Passer rating, TQBR, DVOA)

Check where Rex is ranked then check where Vick is ranked.

Tell me if you notice anything?

Have some objectivity.

Even during his Super Bowl year, when the Giants only scored 17 points in the game and Eli gets MVP, Eli was still a turnover machine.

Yeah shocking that he got MVP. I mean superbowl winning drive against the only modern NFL dynasty at the end of the game to win it? Pfft no one else would ever get that kind of love.

And yeah he was a turnover machine... 1 turnover in 4 postseason games that year to go along with 6 touchdown passes. Horrible.

All those other guys are paid like franchise QBs and talked about as franchise QBs.

Rex makes a mil a year.

Rex is better than his rep. The others are probably worse.

But I would still take the other three over Rex any day of the week.

Is Vick really 1-7 over his last eight games? Maybe last year was a fluke. I know he had more interceptions than anyone else last year. Could be his luck is evening out.

Deion just said on NFL Total Access that he thinks Rex is the best QB in the NFC East. Irvin argued and said that Romo sits to pee and vick are much better. I always thought Irvin was the one that smoked crack!!!

Deion actually said that Rex was playing the best right now.

I think he's best in the sense that he's not a big mess at the moment, although Eli and the Giants aren't really that big of a mess. Rex is the most 'comfortable'. People are already hating on him everywhere, so **** it. He's just playing football. I think he gave up on trying to win the media back long ago which is a beautiful thing. He doesn't give a ****, he's just playing. Worried about football, nothing else. Vick and Romo sits to pee have to be all worried about what they say at the podium every week. Rex just says "yea I think we'll win the east" lol, he might as well have said 'deal with it' and flipped the bird as he walked away.

Those of you who would rather have Vick or Romo sits to pee must not be the ones who said they were sick of all the drama on the Redskins the past few years... or were you?

well just as there is good rex and bad rex, there is also good eli and bad eli, good Romo sits to pee and bad Romo sits to pee, and good vick and bad vick. every qb has good and bad games. if you take them all on a good day, its hard to say whos the best. definately not grossman. maybe what deion is trying to say is grossman is the most consistent qb in the nfc east. he hasnt fallen apart like the other 3 have.

Look at his record.

Maybe Rex is just a winner, folks.

His teammates do love him.

Maybe under all that flab...

... is the "it" factor so many more talented QBs lack.

Oh God, I am reaching.

I don't think you are reaching at all. Some guys just go out and win. It looks ugly and it's unconventional but they get the W.

How far this division has fallen if Rex Grossman is in contention for the best QB in the NFC East...

I'm a skins fan obviously, but it's Romo sits to pee (in the first 3 quarters) or Michael Vick, because he is throwing a lot of interceptions that aren't his fault, not saying Rex hasn't either or Romo sits to pee, or Eli especially, but Vick is still probably the top dog in this division. To think Rex is the best here is pretty dumb in my opinion.

Thats what im taking from it.

well just as there is good rex and bad rex, there is also good eli and bad eli, good Romo sits to pee and bad Romo sits to pee, and good vick and bad vick. every qb has good and bad games. if you take them all on a good day, its hard to say whos the best. definately not grossman. maybe what deion is trying to say is grossman is the most consistent qb in the nfc east. he hasnt fallen apart like the other 3 have.

Lets not forget, In Rex's only other year starting he had more than one offensive player of the week awards along with a player of the month award......Rex's high can and has been very high. He just hasn't been as high yet in washington....yet. Another player or 2 around him wouldn't hurt.

I think we have a winner!

The best QB is not always the most talented or the best athelete.

Rex knows his role and for the most part plays within the confines of the offense.

Although he makes his fair share of mistakes they do not appear to be ego driven.

Rex's goal is to win the east and get to the super bowl. I feel he could give a rat's ass what his stats look like.

This is why I think Shanny likes him.

All three being Vick, Manning and Romo sits to pee play a lot of times like they are better than the offense and their egos sometimes are their main demises.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 08:16 PM ----------

Just like Al davis said, "Just win baby"!

I don't think you are reaching at all. Some guys just go out and win. It looks ugly and it's unconventional but they get the W.

Archived