Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex, the best in the NFC East...

ybnorml

But when put in the role of their team's QB, and add in how they mesh with the cast around them, I will take rex over each of them anyway.

Meh, I'd rather have Eli handing it off to Torain/Helu/Hightower 60% of the time and throwing a jump ball to a GIANT receiver on a fade route in the end zone...but that would require the Skins having a giant reciever...and without one, Eli is trash...so...wait, what were we talking about?

Meh, I'd rather have Eli handing it off to Torain/Helu/Hightower 60% of the time and throwing a jump ball to a GIANT receiver on a fade route in the end zone...but that would require the Skins having a giant reciever...and without one, Eli is trash...so...wait, what were we talking about?

Which is the giant you are talking about? The 6-0 Cruz and Manningham or the 6-1 Nicks? Jabar Gaffney is 6-2, Stallworth is 6-0, and Hankerson is 6-2. The Giants don't have a 6-5 megatron.

Rex isn't even close to being the best of the four. Sorry but it is what it is. His stats this season tell the story and the story is "bad". He's had one good game and that was against the giants. Every other game is why he's

24th in completion percentage (58%)

23rd in QB Rating (78.7)

19th in TD (6)

20th in avg per attempt (6.9)

15th in yards per game (247.2)

Almost all his numbers put him in the bottom half of the league.

This season the best of the four has been Eli Manning. He's made far more TD's than major mistakes and he stays healthy. Romo sits to pee has personally lost two games for his team and Vick is made of glass in addition to being turnover prone this season.

Hello Fair and Logical! But...don't wins and losses really matter anymore? What do stats matter if you have more wins? Who cares what your talent and potential are if you aren't winning?

Hello Fair and Logical! But...don't wins and losses really matter anymore? What do stats matter if you have more wins? Who cares what your talent and potential are if you aren't winning?

We aren't talking about teams we are talking about Quarterbacks. Cam Newton has played far better than Andy Dalton this season but Andy Dalton has more wins. Should we pretend he's the better QB and ignore the fact that he his team has a much better defense?

Think Vick would be 1-4 right now if the Eagles had the Skins defense?

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 02:20 PM ----------

Eli's BEST play against a bad team was a jump ball into two defenders which required Cruz to make an unbelievable play. He gets away with more of those than anyone else in the league, including in the Super Bowl...

He also has 11 touchdown passes while Vick (8), Romo sits to pee (7), and Rex (6) haven't hit double digits. So take that TD away and he's still two four TD passes ahead of Rex.

he also sucks ass - that could explain it

Well, except for all the yards, touchdowns, and wins he compiles every year. That Super Bowl Ring doesn't suck too much either.

If his name was anything other than Manning, he'd be considered an elite QB. He lives in his brother's shadow.

Well, except for all the yards, touchdowns, and wins he compiles every year. That Super Bowl Ring doesn't suck too much either.

If his name was anything other than Manning, he'd be considered an elite QB. He lives in his brother's shadow

Umm, it's his turnovers, not his name, that prevent him from earning that title and yes he is better than Grossman.

He also has 11 touchdown passes while Vick (8), Romo sits to pee (7), and Rex (6) haven't hit double digits. So take that TD away and he's still two four TD passes ahead of Rex.

He had a brilliant game against the Eagles and has played one more game than Rex and Romo sits to pee also...

To clarify, I don't think he's trash like others. But I don't think he's Top 5 like he does either.

My biggest gripe on this whole subject is that Rex is the only one judged by turnovers - good Rex, bad Rex. There's clearly Good Eli and Bad Eli.

He had a brilliant game against the Eagles and has played one more game than Rex and Romo sits to pee also...

To clarify, I don't think he's trash like others. But I don't think he's Top 5 like he does either.

My biggest gripe on this whole subject is that Rex is the only one judged by turnovers - good Rex, bad Rex. There's clearly Good Eli and Bad Eli.

I agree Eli is not a top 5 elite QB. He's good not great so I'd put him in the top half of the league certainly not the top 5.

Eli's BEST play against a bad team was a jump ball into two defenders which required Cruz to make an unbelievable play. He gets away with more of those than anyone else in the league, including in the Super Bowl...

One may equate that to faith in one's receiver, or faith in one's own throw, but given shEli's propensity for interceptions (just like Rex's, see? I'm not biased) I equate it to a "wing and a prayer"....figuratively, which is not typical of elite QB's, THEREFORE, I, personally, do not rank Eli among elite QB's, but rather point out his dependence on the run game and tall receivers, e.g. Plaxico "I'm so tough I'll shoot myself in the leg to prove it" Buress, and I will continue to not be surprised he is not having a repeat year without his services, but rather, a year of mediocrity for as long as Victor Cruz can continue to pull out amazing games. Once Cruz comes falling back to earth, or establishes himself as an elite receiver, then Eli's 2011 will be determined, not before.

/onelongrunonsentence

We can just do this...

last of 2010 into 2011...

Player A - team record 5-4, 19 td's to 13 ints - 4 fumbles

Player B - team record 3-7 15 td's to 12 ints - 9 fumbles

Player C - team record 2-5 14 td's 10 ints - 3 fumbles

Player C - team record 4-3 13 td's 9 ints - 6 fumbles

Rex is the most consistent quarterback in the division right now. Best? No. But consistent? Sure.

Because we all know what we're going to get with Rex. He can effectively manage a game, and every once in a while his statline is going to be insanely good and he'll look all world, and then he'll have a 2INT one fumble game, but we'll just chalk it up to Rex being Rex.

You never know what's your going to get with Eli, Tony, or Vick, because they are all capable of putting on games even WORSE than anything Rex can do.

So yeah, Rex is the most consistent quarterback, since him getting through a game and not messing up too bad is thought to be a miracle, whereas more is expected of the other three guys.

Archived