Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex, the best in the NFC East...

ybnorml

Agreed, I can't understand why Rex is the only one held accountable for turnovers

The reason is that people have an idea of who they think Rex "is." When he throws a pick, something every other NFL QB does, it is just Rex affirming to people who they think he "is" If a "good" QB throws a pick, it's an unusual occurence, and "not typical" for them even if they do it every single week.

The reason is that people have an idea of who they think Rex "is." When he throws a pick, something every other NFL QB does, it is just Rex affirming to people who they think he "is" If a "good" QB throws a pick, it's an unusual occurence, and "not typical" for them even if they do it every single week.

Case in point; Rex played a really good game for us against the Giants. And then he gets blinded sided by JPP when Trent and Kory miss their assignments and fumbles the ball. And what does Joe Buck say?

"AND THERE GOES THE TURNOVER!"

Well, Joe Buck never gets the excited, so it's more like "...and there goes the turnover..."

Really? "And there goes the turnover"?.

Eli throws a pick in every game, Tony Romo sits to pee throws picks or fumbles in big game situations, and Vick's getting a terrible case of fumblelitis himself, but Grossman gets the "and there goes the turnover" treatment?

How unfair is that?

Eli throws a pick in every game, Tony Romo sits to pee throws picks or fumbles in big game situations, and Vick's getting a terrible case of fumblelitis himself, but Grossman gets the "and there goes the turnover" treatment?

How unfair is that?

Early on it seems the media picks their "golden boy" players. For whatever reason, Player X is christened early in their career for being a player that will be given the benefit of the doubt no matter how bad their "bad Player X" performance is. Maybe he strings a couple of good games together, or makes a couple of sportscenter plays, and he is "in the club."

To be blunt, Rex ain't "in the club." Rex will probably never be "in the club" no matter what he does from here until he is done. As long as he wins...I don't care.

Eli Manning continues to be the most underrated QB in the NFL.

That's weird, cause he continues to be the most overrated QB in the NFL too. Actually that title belong to Sanchez, but Manning isn't far off. Manning himself said he's in the same league as Brady and should be paid as such. He threw 25 picks last year. You'd have to combine the past 4 years for Brady to have thrown as many. No doubt Eli's year has been huge so far, but it's just a matter of time before he begins to look like an average qb again.

Rex isn't even close to being the best of the four. Sorry but it is what it is. His stats this season tell the story and the story is "bad". He's had one good game and that was against the giants. Every other game is why he's

24th in completion percentage (58%)

23rd in QB Rating (78.7)

19th in TD (6)

20th in avg per attempt (6.9)

15th in yards per game (247.2)

Almost all his numbers put him in the bottom half of the league.

This season the best of the four has been Eli Manning. He's made far more TD's than major mistakes and he stays healthy. Romo sits to pee has personally lost two games for his team and Vick is made of glass in addition to being turnover prone this season.

Rex would probably just laugh at these stats and give you a 3-1 answer to this...

My take here is that unlike Romo sits to pee, Vick and Manning he just doesn't care much at what his stats are. The only thing he looks at is the W/L column.

I think he only cares about driving its team to score. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That's just the way football is played. He makes his offense believe they can do it, and that's it.

I'm pretty sure Dan Marino would have give you some records he got for one or two rings.

Thing is, I'm more confident right now with Grossman at the helm than Romo sits to pee, Vick or Manning. Sure our offense is not looking like showtime each time it gets on the field, but he gets the job done.

And honestly, if he keeps up with his "crappy" play all year and takes us to 1st in the east and win the superbowl, who will really cares? Not pretty much anyone here.

Talking of Rex, where did the " **** it, I'm going deep! " thang start?

He has neither the strength nor the accuracy to go deep in reality, so am I missing some play on this?

Hail.

It came from a old blog from 2006. It is actually the first thing that comes up on google if you search "sex cannon"

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html

WARNING: There are a few words on that blog that might get you in trouble if you looked at it at work.

I don't care that Rex isn't the best QB in the NFC East.

The only thing I care about is Rex good enough to lead this offense to more points.

My fear is that if we don't get more production from the QB position we can't win enough to compete for the division and the playoffs.

I don't want the QB position to be the weak spot on offense.

That was my concern during the offseason and it remains my concern right now.

And unless our QBs play well enough to do what we want/need to compete then I'm still gonna first guess the decisions made at QB.

Rex would probably just laugh at these stats and give you a 3-1 answer to this...

My take here is that unlike Romo sits to pee, Vick and Manning he just doesn't care much at what his stats are. The only thing he looks at is the W/L column.

I think he only cares about driving its team to score. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That's just the way football is played. He makes his offense believe they can do it, and that's it.

I'm pretty sure Dan Marino would have give you some records he got for one or two rings.

Thing is, I'm more confident right now with Grossman at the helm than Romo sits to pee, Vick or Manning. Sure our offense is not looking like showtime each time it gets on the field, but he gets the job done.

And honestly, if he keeps up with his "crappy" play all year and takes us to 1st in the east and win the superbowl, who will really cares? Not pretty much anyone here.

Rex is the 24th ranked Qb in the league, If I recall he's 22nd according to football insiders, he's not been exactly tearing up the league and has arguably slid with each game as we go forward. I agree with DG, I'd like it where the QB is the reason why we win games as opposed to the defense and the running game with the Qb playing a secondary role. I get there are people on this board who will swear by Rex, and its cool that he has some enthusiastic fans but IMO we need to see the version of Rex from game 1 of the season -- not bad Rex or up and down Rex if we are going to beat the Eagles, not the version from the last 2 games.

Casserly was asked the same question on Washington Post live this week - which Qb would he prefer in the East. And said in his view, Rex is definitely last. But like DG, I don't care if Rex is better than Romo sits to pee except for the day we are playing Dallas.

First of all Deion is right. Comparatively speaking Grossman is playing better BUT compared to what? Bottom line is that Romo sits to pee and Manning and Vick are throwing the ball lights out, but Romo sits to pee and Manning are throwing INT's, and helping their teams lose. Vick's is playing well, but his D has blown and that is why his team is fizzling. So Grossman who throws less, but still has his own INT's is the best. By default only.

And off topic but distally related:

NFL Network, NFL Fantasy Play announcers are still jock holding Cowpuke stooges and they have decided that Romo sits to pee is going to kick ass against the Patriots and Bryant is going to have a similarly pro-bowl performance this weekend, so they should be part of your fantasy league. You cannot make this **** up.

Archived