Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does this mean? Sarah Palin officially announces she's not running, and no Tailgate thread?

Predicto

Most of us are not surprised that she is not running.

But the fact that it didn't even warrant a single Tailgate thread? Not even one posted in mockery. That has to say something about how fast Sarah Palin became completely irrelevant, pretty much in the past couple of months.

I suspect that her remaining true believer supporters didn't see this coming, and are utterly gobsmacked.

you will find her far from irrelevant with her PAC ,FOX platform and loyal herd

she ain't going quietly into the night :evilg:

Well, if that is the case, I'm even more surprised that her announcement last night didn't warrant a thread. :whoknows:

I don't know.

Christie already told us what she was going to say earlier.

Next time someone says something that gets them some GOP headlines, then we should make the pre-emptive Palin thread when she inevitably says or does the same thing.

~Bang

I suspect that her remaining true believer supporters didn't see this coming, and are utterly gobsmacked.

No. She pretty much has been saying that she has more affluence without an elected title. Everyone expected her to not run, they all hoped but the expectation wasn't there. The opposite is true, if she had announced a run, that would been the gobsmacked moment.

No. She pretty much has been saying that she has more affluence without an elected title. Everyone expected her to not run, they all hoped but the expectation wasn't there. The opposite is true, if she had announced a run, that would been the gobsmacked moment.

I dunno. I've seen a lot of really surprised, confused and angry people posting over at FreeRepublic. They feel used (and rightfully so).

---------- Post added October-6th-2011 at 04:59 PM ----------

Psst....I think ya meant influence

but affluence works too;)

LOL. Works even better in this case.

More affluence? Probably - compared with the private sector, the president makes a pittance:

The president earns a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 non-taxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment.
(from Wikipedia)

But more INFLUENCE? More influence than the leader of the free world? Give me a break.

ATB...she would have to win to get that,I think he means as a candidate.

of course he could have used affluence purposely.

sparta, she could get a bigger crowd than that in her pre-Governor stage....I think she is gonna have fun this election season.

Not surprised to see someone bandying about the notion of "fear" in this thread. LOL!

Last week, people feared the possibility of a Sarah Palin presidency about as much as they feared the possibility of a John Edwards presidency, a Jeb Bush presidency, or a reanimated-corpse-of-William-Taft presidency.

Surely this terrifying zero-shot crew keeps millions awake at night.

Palin's been about money and popularity for a long time. She's a fantastic marketer of herserlf. Brilliant at it. She knows that the only thing that could happen if she ran is that she'd muddy up her revenue streams. So, she faked a run and then quit when she'd strung it out as far as she could.

Basically, she's just a professional muckraker now. She's this generation's Ann Coulter, but with less intellectual heft and just as much knack for controversy and partisanship.

Archived