Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do I root for or against the Eagles this week?

die.hard.skins.fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Obviously the first answer is to root against the Eagles and our other NFC East opponents every single week.... however:

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they will be absolutely desperate for a win when they play us, and anyone can tell you that there's nothing more dangerous than playing a team who NEEDS to win.

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they could have a melt down and it could turn ugly. Players could start blaming other players and that could lead to the demise of the whole team.

So who do you root for? Seriously, think about it. If I'm on the Redskins, I might root for them. If they are coming off a win, they might be more apt to make mistakes and let their guard down. Or, I could be completely wrong.

What's your choice?

Obviously the first answer is to root against the Eagles and our other NFC East opponents every single week.... however:

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they will be absolutely desperate for a win when they play us, and anyone can tell you that there's nothing more dangerous than playing a team who NEEDS to win.

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they could have a melt down and it could turn ugly. Players could start blaming other players and that could lead to the demise of the whole team.

So who do you root for? Seriously, think about it. If I'm on the Redskins, I might root for them. If they are coming off a win, they might be more apt to make mistakes and let their guard down. Or, I could be completely wrong.

What's your choice?

Root against the Eagles. If they lose, they will be 1-4 if they beat us they will be 2-4.. If we beat them they will be 1-5

If they win they will be 2-3 if they beat us they will be 3-3. if we beat them they will be 2-4...

Only one option, root for them to lose! Now there are two options on how they lose:

- Hold a lead, act ****y, end up losing that lead and the game in a last second defensive breakdown. Their hopes and dreams are shattered while they are thinking about, "what could have been".

- OR, they get absolutely demolished and their hopes and dreams are also crushed.

Only two options for me :)

HTTR!

Die, Eagles Die. They could beat the Skins after beating the Bills and be right back in the mix. I want them to lose every game they play.
Root against the Eagles. If they lose, they will be 1-4 if they beat us they will be 2-4.. If we beat them they will be 1-5

If they win they will be 2-3 if they beat us they will be 3-3. if we beat them they will be 2-4...

Both good points, I'm always rooting against them. I guess the better question would be "are they more dangerous of a team after a W or L?"

You want the Eagles to lose. And not just because it's the Eagles. But because this is a team full of guys not used to diversity of this level. Vick hasn't been under this much pressure to come through since before going to jail. Jackson and Maclin have not been on a losing Eagles team. This is a young defense full of guys still possibly playing out of position (hell, they'll probably switch the LBs around again before our game of they lose), with a former O-line coach trying to ride Nnamdi, Cromartie, and Samuel to a championship-caliber D. They'll be missing their best D-lineman. They're interior is weak against the run, and we have a healthy Torain going against a unit that will probably be more banged up after another game while our guys have had a week to rest and recover.

Yes, if the Eagles lose they will be desperate for a win against us, but it might also be a team that's 1 or 2 early mistakes away from completely imploding on a road game against a divisional rival.

NEVER. Absolutely never would i root for the eagles.

Being 1-4 means you are a bad team. Psychologically, that is what they will think too. That psychology matters.

WE on the other hand cannot possibly overlook the team that pounded us into a bloody mess in front of the entire country last year at home. We should be out for blood regardless.

If they lose this week, they limp into our building after we have been gameplanning them for two straight weeks. We are healthy, they are beat up.

We are riding high and brimming with confidence. They are sick about their ineptitude.

We are pissed off about last year and ready to take retribution, they are afraid of becoming a running joke on the NFL network.

I'd love em to come in at 1-4. Even then I wouldn't feel safe. They have talent and I don't love the matchups against them (which is why we had such an awful game last year).

Now look at it if they win. They are right back in the thick of it at 2-3. They beat us which they certainly should feel that they can after last year's debacle and they move to 3-3 and we move to 3-2. A win against buffalo this week means we have a significantly harder time against them next week in my opinion.

I am the biggest bills fan on the planet this weekend. And I hope they rough em up some more too.

When a team is down (especially a talented team) you want to drive them into the ground. I want Buffalo to get them on the ground for us so we can finish the job next week. The last thing I want is the eagles to get a gritty road win and be coming into our house with a chip on their shoulder.

You want the Eagles to lose. And not just because it's the Eagles. But because this is a team full of guys not used to diversity of this level. Vick hasn't been under this much pressure to come through since before going to jail. Jackson and Maclin have not been on a losing Eagles team. This is a young defense full of guys still possibly playing out of position (hell, they'll probably switch the LBs around again before our game of they lose), with a former O-line coach trying to ride Nnamdi, Cromartie, and Samuel to a championship-caliber D. They'll be missing their best D-lineman. They're interior is weak against the run, and we have a healthy Torain going against a unit that will probably be more banged up after another game while our guys have had a week to rest and recover.

Yes, if the Eagles lose they will be desperate for a win against us, but it might also be a team that's 1 or 2 early mistakes away from completely imploding on a road game against a divisional rival.

Very well said, I completely agree. I just thought it would be an interesting topic to bring up. Clearly I underestimated the one-sided-ness of this conversation haha :)

Vote for the Bills. First, the Bills are more fun to watch as is. Second, if the Eagles lose, they'll still be a bunch of games behind us, even if we win. Third, if the Bills run wild on the Eagles with Fred Jackson, it means there's still too many fundamental flaws with their defense, which means Torain/Helu/Hightower run wild. At that point, the Eagles spirit will be broken.

Cullen Jenkins said it best; when the Eagles were up going into half time, they figured they had it all figured out. The problem was, they still were 1-2 at that point, and when things snowballed, he said he didn't seem that urgency, that fire, and that passion to get back up on the horse and put the Niners away.

There's something rotten in Philly, and a loss to the Bills just makes it more likely that the team implodes, more than if it motivates them to play us. Given how bad they beat us last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they had us circled as a win.

Let 'em lose Sunday and thing the easy win is coming next week week.

I can see what you're saying but a loss for the Eagles means the division race is that much easier and it's ALMOST like a win to us, and let's say they lose to the Bills and then us, that's basically game over. We can EASILY compete with the Eagles this year and I doubt them being hungry for a win will stop us from stomping on them for their 4th or 5th straight loss.

What's your choice?

Desperation usually leads to meltdown.

Only reason I want Eagles to have a couple wins is so they don't get Luck.

Not a chance even with the 1st pick

They just signed Vick to a 100 million dollar deal

The backup is Mike Kaffka who I believe is going to be an absolute beast in this league when given the chance

In his only start he missed just two pases, 1 was dropped and clearly should have been caught

And behind those two is Vince Young and the best #3 QB in the league

If they drafted Luck I would be absolutely shocked

Archived