Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do I root for or against the Eagles this week?

die.hard.skins.fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think the more they lose the more they will implode and 1-4 will be even closer to an epic collapse. Their defense is banged up and hasn't done anything great this season. Vick isn't doing well with the media and doesn't handle criticism very well. Vick just this week dropped a radio show that he was suppose to appear on every Monday. We all know Vince 'Dream Team' Young isn't going to help with the positive outlook.

I don't know what is more likely, the above or Rob Ryan punching out Tony Romo sits to pee in the locker room. I hope it is both.

I thought about this scenario too. Originally thought they should win to take away some of the "desperation" factor. After last years massacre they don't need any more motivation to play us! But after I leveled my thinking, Eagles loosing is always a great thing and just helps us even more in our division. I am sure the coaching staff has noticed they can do nothing to stop the run. So, if we give them a heavy dose all three of our RB's and keep their offense off the field as much as possible, we should be sitting pretty. Can you imagine the shear panic that will ensue if they end up 1-5. The dream team will officially be a nightmare! HTTR!

I only wish Andy Reid could suit up and play next week. I have officially made him my LEAST favorite iggle of the last ten years. I will tell y'all why...

Last weekend, I believe it was ESPN that ran a story about David Akers leaving Philly, and now playing for San Fran.. They went into him missing the two field goals in last year's playoff game. What a lot of folks did not know was that his Daughter was dealing with a malignancy on one of her ovaries. The child is only like 5 or 6 I believe.

I am sure the iggle organization knew FULL well what Akers was going through. And if his mind wasn't on the game, they should have recognized it, and had the gameplan changed accordingly. I don't know what they could have done about their only field goal kicker being out of sorts. But what DID happen after the game, was absurd.

Postgame, Reid was addressing the media, and was asked about the missed field goals.

Instead of supporting the LEADING scorer in their team's HISTORY, Dandy Andy threw him under the bus. Both with his words, and his tone.

HEY ANDY! It wasn't oh so long ago, that YOUR OWN kids had a crisis situation that needed to be dealt with. And we all know how you chose to deal with it.

At least Akers gave a **** about his kid, and didn't forsake her for the good of your team.

All that said, I will be rooting AGAINST them this week.

I wanna know what 11 people voted to root for the filthy ****ing Eagles. And why? Guess i'll have to read every post to find out. But never,ever,ever ever ever root for the Eagles under any circumstances. Unless i guess if it means at the end of the season if they beat a team then we make the playoffs. But id rather not back my way into the postseason. So since we are not in the do or die playoff situation yet and the Bills are AFC and their record means nothing to us,you root wholeheartedly for the Bills. If any body tells you otherwise,take a real good look at their fan card. Might be a lil tinge of green on the edges.lol.

Absolutely against the Eagles. Cheering for them because they might become more desperate? Nah. That's loser talk. In this instance I'd say it's okay to kick a man when he's down. Let them come in desperate. Let them give their best shot and still get stomped out of town. The only reason I'd consider pulling for them is if an Eagles win would directly benefit the Skins.

Let's keep a close eye on special teams, and whether the yellow flags come out like they did against us. The Eagles have an aggressive coverage unit, too. It'll be interesting to watch because the crew from our game last week will be working the Eagles-Bills.

I imagine the Bills are gonna be fairly ticked off about losing to the hapless Bengals after their comeback win over the Patriots. I don't see the iggles getting away with a win here & that will be good for us, IMO.

It will force them to start playing more desperate which will lead to way more mistakes & they will play right into the hands of a hungry & refreshed defense. Whether the offense does anything or not remains to be seen, but I could see our defense scoring twice in our game against them.

:eaglesuck

Obviously the first answer is to root against the Eagles and our other NFC East opponents every single week.... however:

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they will be absolutely desperate for a win when they play us, and anyone can tell you that there's nothing more dangerous than playing a team who NEEDS to win.

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they could have a melt down and it could turn ugly. Players could start blaming other players and that could lead to the demise of the whole team.

So who do you root for? Seriously, think about it. If I'm on the Redskins, I might root for them. If they are coming off a win, they might be more apt to make mistakes and let their guard down. Or, I could be completely wrong.

What's your choice?

Obviously, you are not what you choose for your name.

The only time I don't root 100% against the iggles, cowgirls, or midgets are when they play each other. In that case, I root for a giant sink hole!!

By the way, I completely discount the whole "The team is desperate or angry because they lost".

These are professional players. If you take the side that they are playing harder because they just lost, then that means they don't play as hard as they can when the come off a win. That is Bull-Crap fan reasoning (just like teams using other 'locker room quotes' to pump them up - if Orakpo says Vick is the greatest QB ever, do you think Vick will take it easy on the Skins - of course NOT).

Archived