Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do I root for or against the Eagles this week?

die.hard.skins.fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

A 1-4 Eagles is better than a 2-3 Eagles team, no matter how you slice it.

Forget about what it means for "emotions" or "motivation" going into the Redskins game. The Redskins are better off PERIOD when NFC East teams lose.

The Redskins aren't in any position to assume they will beat the Eagles, regardless of what is going on with them. Assuming the Eagles lose to Buffalo but beat the Redskins in Week 6....Skins are 3-2, Eagles are 2-4.

Whenever you have a team like the Eagles who have pressure on them to succeed, and where the expectations are ridiculous to begin with, the worse they start, out of the gate, the better it is for the other teams in the division as they continue to lose non-division games.

If the Eagles keep losing, then it isn't even going to matter in the long run if they beat the Redskins or not. THAT is where you want our NFC East foes, in the depths.

Oh a loss, absolutely. I'll fear them whether they're coming off a win or loss - they'll be dangerous either way. A loss is a known, quantifiable, definite advantage. A win by Philly over Buffalo possibly makes the Eagles more likely to have a letdown the next week against us, but that's unknown: it might, but it might have the opposite effect. Always take the definite, known advantage vs an unknown, possible one.

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they will be absolutely desperate for a win when they play us, and anyone can tell you that there's nothing more dangerous than playing a team who NEEDS to win.

I absolutely HATE, DESPISE, this line of thought. You're assuming and thinking way too much. your assumptions dont mean a damn thing. It comes down to win/loss record period. The better team will win regardless 'how the other team is feeling'

Where is the not sure if serious Joker picture when you need it........

Here ya go :ols:

954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

---------- Post added October-5th-2011 at 06:34 PM ----------

To answer the question, you ALWAYS root against the Eagles a division rival.

Not only because of our disdain for the Eagles, but, if by God's grace, the Redskins are in the divisional or wilcard hunt later in the year, it can only help us.

Never root for an NFC east team unless they're playing another one. They will be just as desperate for a win whether they win or lose. Your philosophy can work both ways. If they win they could get some swagger back with a win. With a loss they could start getting complacent or build more self doubt. You can't predict the mindset of a team and regardless they will play hard.

I hope the bills beat the crap out of buffalo and i hope that the bills bust vicks lip b4 he comes to play us i hope they beat him up so bad that he wont even be in the lineup against us i hope that desean, mccoy, vick, babbin and all the eagles tear all their acl's and mcl's and have to get on the stretcher then i hope when they get put on the stretch and try to give a thumbs up the crowd boos them and hoses them with beer when they walk into the tunnel

scumbags

---------- Post added October-5th-2011 at 07:43 PM ----------

then i hope that the fans in buffalo toss eggs at the ambulance and then i hope if one of them has to be air lifted out the helicopter blades go flying off the copter and slice all the eagles in half then i hope their bodies cant be identifed then i hope that they load up their bodys in a truck and go to niagra falls and toss it in then i hope they drop a bomb on the wreckage

SCUMBAGS

Is this a serious question?? Go Bills Go!! You never..ever root for another NFC East team..EVER!

That's not entirely true. There have been times when one NFC East team plays another, and if one wins it could be good for the Redskins.

In this case, I want the Eagles to lose.

If the Eagles play, root against them.

If the Cowboys play, root against them.

If the Cowboys and Eagles play each other, root for a meteor to hit the stadium.

:ols: THIS. I don't buy the whole "If they lose they'll be desperate and dangerous" mentality. I want them to lose and lose and lose until they don't even wanna dress out for the next game. 1-15 is fine by me.

I fell into this trap before the Dallas game. I didn't want them to be winless coming into our game. I got burned as, in hindsight, playing that game with a two game cushion would have been better regardless of the outcome of our matchup. I want Philly as beaten down as possible now. I'm not afraid of anyone in our division this year and believe that we will dictate how those games go, not them.

Go with your gut and root against the rivals every week, unless they can help us later in the year vs. A NFC opponent.

Archived