Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do I root for or against the Eagles this week?

die.hard.skins.fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm rooting for them to win against the Bills. It's funny enough to me find them below 500 after 4 games but if they lose to the Bills. They will be a dangerous team. Now I know I've said this for about 4 weeks, but the Beagles are who they are.

:helmet:

If we are a good team, the outcome of the game is not relevant as far as us beating Philly. Philly losing to Buffalo in this case has no negative and is a positive.

If we are not a good team and Philly is not a good team, the likelihood we beat Philly is has not effected by the outcome of the game. Philly losing to Buffalo is likely a positive for us.

If we are not a good team but Philly is actually a good team, the likelihood we beat Philly is has not effected by the outcome of the game. Philly losing to Buffalo can only be positive for us.

for everyone saying to root for the eagles because if they lose they will go to washington as a dangerous team...they are a dangerous team anyway and them winning against buffalo would give them momentum.

We want them to be 1-4 when we play them they would have oh so much pressure on their shoulders and we would have a chance to end their season make them 1-5 which would be pretty much un come backable

Dallas squeaked out a win vs. SF to avoid falling to a "dangerous" 0-2 before our MNF game with them. And they squeaked out another win against us. Meanwhile St. Louis fell to a "dangerous" 0-3 the week before we played them. And we won.

So far we're 1-1 against teams that won the week before playing us (Arizona beat Carolina week 1), and 1-0 against teams that lost before playing us. So....take those meaningless stats and throw them out the window because, seriously, **** Philly.

Obviously the first answer is to root against the Eagles and our other NFC East opponents every single week.... however:

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they will be absolutely desperate for a win when they play us, and anyone can tell you that there's nothing more dangerous than playing a team who NEEDS to win.

- If the Eagles lose to Buffalo this week, they could have a melt down and it could turn ugly. Players could start blaming other players and that could lead to the demise of the whole team.

So who do you root for? Seriously, think about it. If I'm on the Redskins, I might root for them. If they are coming off a win, they might be more apt to make mistakes and let their guard down. Or, I could be completely wrong.

What's your choice?

10-son-i-am-disappoint.gif

Root for the Bills

Really, OP? I mean....really? Root for Philly? :no:

This is like when we were at this point last year & people were saying to root for Dallas against the Giants so that we would stay in 1st place in the East. Unless you were Helen Keller, you could see that the Redskins weren't going anywhere last year, yet people were PRAYING for Dallas to beat the Giants so we would be in 1st place in the East...in week 5 or 6. :doh: No way would I ever do that.

Just like, no way am I rooting for Philly to beat the Bills because they might be "desperate" when they face us. I got news for you, OP. They are desperate now! They are the "Dream Team." No way should they be going into a game against a 3-1 Bills & only have 1 win at this point. I hope Buffalo desimates them! 49-3 Bills!

:eaglesuck

Is this a serious question?? Go Bills Go!! You never..ever root for another NFC East team..EVER!

I would root for an NFC East team to win if it were at the end of the season and they could knock out a team that we were competing with a wild-card scenario. My love of the skins transcends my hate for the other teams in the NFC East.

tthis seems like the classic no win situation the Eagles win they get off the cliff and begin to reain that confidence and that swagger and come in here feeling confident again. They lose they could be extremely desperate for a win and will o anything to avoid 1-5.

when I balance both scenario's I want them to lose. 1-4 is 1-4 puts them in close to having to run the table to win the division situation. Bickering insecuriy lack of confidence will be what they feel along with desperation we jump on them early and they might give in.

so lets go Bills.

At 1 - 4, a team is:

A) Questioning its level of competency.

B) Under a lot of pressure to succeed.

and

C) Playing with downhill momentum.

Sure they're hungry to win, but if you beat down a toddler because he thinks he's god, he probably won't be able to fight you back given both the fact that he's a toddler, and that he's battered down both physically and emotionally.

First of all, always root against the division.

Secondly, the Eagles are better than their record- they will probably pick it up, and when they do we want as big a cushion as possible.

Thirdly, how do you know that a loss won't put them at as great or greater a risk of losing to us. Personally I think they are professionals (well its the eagles, so maybe not) and the outcome this week isn't going to matter either way. But if the week-to-week momentum thing is for real, just remember that every hot winning streak starts with a win and not a loss. So if they lose, they can't be on one when they get to washington.

Archived