Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do I root for or against the Eagles this week?

die.hard.skins.fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Let's see, the same question was asked about Dallass against the 49ers. What happened the next week after the beat San Fran, they beat us. So I say, the only time an NFC East team, besides the Redskins should not lose is when they face another NFC East team, besides the Redskins. I want the Redskins to go 5-1 in the division.

While I won't "root" for the Eagles I totally understand the OP's dilemma. There is a law if averages at play... I generally prefer for a team to win the week before we play them.

Disagree.

Wanting the Eagles to win this week because you are afraid they might be even more desperate to win next week if they lose is thinking about things too much.

If the Eagles are the better team that day, they will win. Same for the Redskins. It has nothing to do with the week before.

Relax, and root for the Bills. :)

Let's see, the same question was asked about Dallass against the 49ers. What happened the next week after the beat San Fran, they beat us. So I say, the only time an NFC East team, besides the Redskins should not lose is when they face another NFC East team, besides the Redskins. I want the Redskins to go 5-1 in the division.

That doesn't make sense in the least, at least not the way that you phrased it at 4:30 in the morning. :)

Sorry but the Redskins beat themselves. Birds will win this one no matter what.The Skins need to be ready to play after the break.

The Bills are 3-1 and the Eagles are 1-3. There's no guarantee that the Eagles will win whatsoever. I want to stomp them to 1-5 when we play them.

Think about what igglephans.com will look like if they go to 1-4. Think of how much fun that will be, for us.

Then think about what they will look like at 1-5.

Now, remind yourself of what Conan said about "what is best in life".

Think about what igglephans.com will look like if they go to 1-4. Think of how much fun that will be, for us.

Then think about what they will look like at 1-5.

Now, remind yourself of what Conan said about "what is best in life".

Just checked that site and saw this:

Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Douchebag Redskins Fan

DC Iggles I bet you've never even been to Philthadelphia

Yesterday, 09:48 PM Posted in reply to Douchebag Redskins Fan's post starting "DC Iggles I bet you've never even been..." #12

DC Iggles

You're right. Never been. Actually havent even been to the West Coast as a whole.

Just, wow.

Only reason I want Eagles to have a couple wins is so they don't get Luck.

There are a ton of teams that will get less wins then the Eagles. No need to worry about that.

Here are the tie-beaker procedures.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

The tiebreaker that I highlighted is the key reason why it would be good for the Bills to win.

Root against the Eagles. If they lose, they will be 1-4 if they beat us they will be 2-4.. If we beat them they will be 1-5

If they win they will be 2-3 if they beat us they will be 3-3. if we beat them they will be 2-4...

And if they tie Buffalo they will be 1-3-1, and if they tie us they'd then be 1-3-2, but if they tie Buffalo and lose to us then they'd be 1-4-1, unless they tie Buffalo and beat us then they'd be 2-3-1 and we'd be 3-2.......that about covers it.

Just messin with you. Bye weeks drive people crazy.

I personally want the Eagles and the rest of the NFC East to lose the rest of their games. I even have a hard time rooting for a division rival when it means their winning puts the 'skins in the playoffs. I hope our team doesn't get put in that scenario.

Hmm...I'm torn on this one. I thought that the Eagles defense handling the Bills offense would bode well for us, but then I just remembered that the Eagles, relative to us, have a strong secondary and a weak base package and that the Bills have a very good pass offense.

I don't know...it doesn't matter who wins to me, but I'll be very happy if the Eagles can get lots of pressure on Fitzpatrick; that would bode very well for us when we visit the Bills in Toronto.

Archived