Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who gets cut for Buchannon?

hunterx

I know I'm going to get grief for this but maybe Banks. He has looked much slower than normal and I wouldn't be shocked to see him put on IR or cut to free up a roster space.

I hate to say this, but I agree. Banks has looked very average all season. For what he has given us so far through four games, and the fact we have other players like Niles Paul who could probably do just as well I think he would be my choice at this point.

The simple fact, is that Banks has lost some of his value with kick-offs being from the 35 this year. It is what it is.

Antwan Randel Banks...he is showing nothing on returns.

Teams are spending a lot of time game planning against Banks and coverages are gunning extra hard because he scares people. Our ST has to figure out how to match that intensity, i.e. hold blocks longer, etc.

I think anytime you have a guy like that, where teams spend extra practice time on, you keep him.

Antwan Randel Banks...he is showing nothing on returns.

I laughed.

But seriously, I think it's Sellers. I agree it's very telling that Cooley has been the starting fullback the past 2 weeks. Why is Sellers on the roster if he can't even play backup fullback?

Teams are spending a lot of time game planning against Banks and coverages are gunning extra hard because he scares people. Our ST has to figure out how to match that intensity, i.e. hold blocks longer, etc.

I think anytime you have a guy like that, where teams spend extra practice time on, you keep him.

so i guess u work for all these teams and know that they plan against banks huh? i guess nobody plans for hester then because he always runs back returns.

I would cut Buchanan for the roster space, and then I'd fill it with someone who doesn't suck.

Buchanan is a liability on the field. He can't cover, can't tackle.

Our defense is doing great without him. No need to bring him back at all.

~Bang

I ave to disagree with you on this one Bang. Buchanan played very well for us last season. We are a little dinged up in the secondary a well. It will be good to have him back on the roster.

Maybe I'm forgetting the nice plays.. to me he's nothing special, and he does tend to get beat. He's one of those guys that gives a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 4.

~Bang

Maybe I'm forgetting the nice plays.. to me he's nothing special, and he does tend to get beat. He's one of those guys that gives a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 4.

~Bang

He's D-hall lite. He gets burned on occasion but makes a few plays here and there. He had 2 ints and 2 forced fumbles last season. Not too bad for a 3rd corner.

Buchanon isn't exactly special but he is good depth at the position.

We have kept Banks this long I wouldn't cut him now, he is still dangerous back there.

Stallworth would be my choice but for some reason the Shannys seem to like him.

It has to be Sellers. They really have nothing for him. He hasn't been the same kind of blocker the past few years.

It will probably be someone we could sneak through to the practice squad though, like Thompson.

I would think very hard about making a move with one of our Wide Recievers or just outright cutting Buchanon loose. I agree that Westbrook and Barnes have both looked good. I like the upside of Brandyn Thompson, but I honestly don't see him getting claimed if we cut him, unless it's to a team that is on our upcoming schedule.

Sellers!!! We have depth at the position, and a veteran WR (Stallworth) or DB (Buchanon, Westbrook) is more valuable than a veteran FB. Same with OL/DL/LB (Scott, Smith, White).

The only thing that could factor in would be PS opportunities (Thompson, White) but I just dont see it. Sellers is the wise move...who will scoop up a 36yr old special teams star? If an injury occurs we are much more likely to grab him sitting idle.

I think, like others have said, it will either be Sellers or Stallworth. I think Stallworth is just the odd man out when we have so many receivers on the roster.

I don't know what has happen to Banks. Maybe the knee has slowed him down some or caused him to lose a little of that cut ability.

I would cut Buchanan for the roster space, and then I'd fill it with someone who doesn't suck.

Buchanan is a liability on the field. He can't cover, can't tackle.

Our defense is doing great without him. No need to bring him back at all.

~Bang

I 100% agree with this...the only person not doing his job on our defense is deangelo, we gonna cut deangelo?

Archived