Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who gets cut for Buchannon?

hunterx

Probably Sellers.

I know I'm going to get grief for this but maybe Banks. He has looked much slower than normal and I wouldn't be shocked to see him put on IR or cut to free up a roster space.

I said the same thing today. He looks like he needs to go on IR because he just doesn't have the same speed he did last year. His knee must be hurting. Definitely not the explosive returner that we saw last year.

Does anyone know why Sellers doesn't play any fullback with Darrel Young out? Does Shanahan not like him as a lead blocker? It seems as if this will be his last year as a member of the Redskins if all he is doing is contributing on special teams. I don't think he will be cut in favor of Phillip Buchanon. I think it will be one of the rotational guys that has been inactive for the whole season. The only thing that will really change is what corners will be active on Sundays.

I would go with Hankerson because the guy was basically a non-factor in the preseason and has been a inactive this season because there are guys in front of him that can play.

You would CUT him? For Buchanon?

I would go with Hankerson because the guy was basically a non-factor in the preseason and has been a inactive this season because there are guys in front of him that can play.

Thank you Lord, for not allowing people such as this to run our front office. The Idiot level is getting high in here today.

Thank you Lord, for not allowing people such as this to run our front office. The Idiot level is getting high in here today.

Who would you cut since you're so smart and mature? It's a suggestion thread. I love when threads head in this direction and people take it such sophisticated levels.

Who would you cut since you're so smart and mature? It's a suggestion thread. I love when threads head in this direction and people take it such sophisticated levels.

I sure as hell wouldn't cut the team's third round pick that is working his way into the game, especially three weeks into his first season.

It seems like the list of players who received either DNPs or inactives in all 4 games this season might be useful.

John Beck, Erik Cook & Sean Locklear received DNPs in all 4 game this season

Markus White, Willie Smith, Leonard Hankerson & Darrion Scott were inactive for all 4 games this season.

Not that all these people are candidates for being cut (notably Beck), or that they are the only options. It just seems worth noting that in the 500 or so snaps that the Redskins have played this year, these are the 7 guys who never once were considered the best option.

Why not Banks? We have a decent return man in Austin, and it seems that teams have figured out his schtick...he's had a couple of crappy games in a row, and he is sure to get hurt at some point due to his size. He is NOT Devin Hester...he is a one trick pony.

I second this, Banks was great when he was fighting for his job and other teams hadn't heard of him yet, but recently he's been running back more 15 yard kick returns than 25+ yard returns. And we have plenty of WRs as is.

Mother of God.. You cannot be serious!? He has huge potential and is a... ROOKIE in a lockout year.

I vote Stallworth. The guy's been in active for 2 games, He's caught 2 passes for 16 yards on 6 targets, the 2 passes he caught were short 1st and 10 throws, 2 of his targets he didn't catch were a potential new set of downs, his only contribution today was tackling Quinn Porter on a Kickoff return, we have too many receivers, he's an only 30 year-old top 15 draft pick and has played for 6 teams, and he may or may not be a very bad person.

I'm thinking the same. Drew Rosenhaus is Buchannon's agent and it wouldn't surprise me if Allen did them a signing favor to get thru the suspension period.

wait...since he was on the team after preseason>into the first week didnt we guarantee his contract?

seems like a stupid idea to cut him

I vote Stallworth. The guy's been in active for 2 games, He's caught 2 passes for 16 yards on 6 targets, the 2 passes he caught were short 1st and 10 throws, 2 of his targets he didn't catch were a potential new set of downs, his only contribution today was tackling Quinn Porter on a Kickoff return, we have too many receivers, he's an only 30 year-old top 15 draft pick and has played for 6 teams, and he may or may not be a very bad person.

Oh, I like this. I hadn't thought of him for some reason. Nice. Yeah, I agree. I didn't think that he should make the team, and we're still carrying a ridiculous number of WR's anyways. This way, at least, those rare times he's on the field, the young guys can get more of a taste of some game action. Especially Austin, who has been seeing some time on running downs.

Archived