Extremeskins

Who gets cut for Buchannon?

hunterx

I know there's been a few guys inactive every game:

Leonard Hankerson

Darrion Scott

Markus White

Willie Smith

I don't see Hankerson, Scott or Smith on the fringe of being released because they need the depth on both OL and DL, and Hankerson is our 3rd rounder. We have decent depth at LB, but I don't think White is vulnerable here, as he showed good promise in the preseason and work ethic.

How about these other guys who have seen the inactive list?

Mike Sellers

Donte Stallworth

Brandyn Thompson

If they see Cooley or even Paulson as a potential backup FB if Young has this hammy injury linger, could they dump Sellers? I'd still like to see a WR go, as we have way too many. No sense keeping Stallworth around, right?

There's a few others like Fox, Gomes and Austin who have been inactive, but I think we all feel they are safe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buchanon gets released. I don't think he brings anything special that Byron Westbrook as the 4th corner already brings. Even if he does get on the active roster, he shouldnt play in front of Barnes IMO.
Thompson is inactive today - if they go DB for DB I would think it would be him.

Depends on what kind of condition Phil is in when he comes in Monday. The teams has not had contact or eyes on him in a month. Shanny wants to see him Monday, and if he is good I think Thompson goes, the numbers at corner show that.

Could we move Thompson to the PS?

They could try but the Redskin's like his potential and I'm not sure he would clear waivers. I think Buchanan gets cut. Think it was Tandler that threw this conspiracy theory out there...Sign him as a favor to (Rosehaus/PB) because no other team would sign him knowing that he had to sit 4 games. His suspension is up and he'd be free to sign with anyone. Sounds outlandish but I guess we'll have our answer shortly.

I'm thinking the same. Drew Rosenhaus is Buchannon's agent and it wouldn't surprise me if Allen did them a signing favor to get thru the suspension period.

how is this a favor, not questioning it i just dont know.

obviously there not going to pay him as a favor so how is just having him on a roster for his suspension a favor.

how is this a favor, not questioning it i just dont know.

obviously there not going to pay him as a favor so how is just having him on a roster for his suspension a favor.

generate other teams interest...like what he did to cause that suspension is no big deal.

If it's a choice between Buchanon and one of our young DBs I'd like it to be Buchanon himself even though I rate him as a nickle. Talking of I'd like, I'd like if the only reason Stalworth was active today was to see if we can generate some trade interest before going into the bye week with a view to getting Hankerson active.

As with the Galloway type deal last season, there's so little production there can't be a drop off significant enough (if at all.....) to warrant taking such a small amount of game time from a kid.

And I'd like to win the lottery.

It wont be Hankerson. You cant cut a rookie WR with that kind of upside. Plus, IMO, i think WR is the hardest position for a rookie to come in and be good at immediately, it takes a season or two to get on track to play WR in the NFL as a young player, unless you are a freak like Moss.

Archived